Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Isn’t MiG-29A the best option from that perspective? FM already done. Exterior and cockpit model already done

to be honest I would expect an upgrade in all aspects, hoping for a 3D model worthy of the F-14, new russian pilot model, better cockpit etc..

I mean that it's not THE one brain melter promised to be announced. A Tonka sure would be great, though I don't think anything revolutionary about it.

Sorry meant it as a more generalized, somewhat rhetorical, question... A social observation if you will...

I don't think think this mystery plane is the MIG-29A as a couple of months ago there was a big kerfuffle about how they can't do MIGs or SUs or (insert redfor here)s because of politics. This mystery sandwich was served up well before that, so the possibility of the MIG-29A would be a more recent development...

So we come back the the Apache as the most likely, and for many this would be a brain melter (especially of it's the Longbow version), or the F-111 Aardvark.

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

But I'd settle for any missile capable redfor aircraft with radar at this point, though I still expect the mystery aircraft to be the Tornado...

AFAIK the interview with someone from ED (the latest Grim Reapers) mentioned that ED is not going to do F-111 and if something, it will be made by some big 3rd party studio (hinting to Heatblur?)...

So no.

But already alone a major would be a RedAir multirole fighter. But for me it is not MiG-29A, as it is just a short range tactical fighter, IMHO not even a F-16C level really. So not by itself mind blowing, just by being a RedAir.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

AFAIK the interview with someone from ED (the latest Grim Reapers) mentioned that ED is not going to do F-111 and if something, it will be made by some big 3rd party studio (hinting to Heatblur?)...

So no.

But already alone a major would be a RedAir multirole fighter. But for me it is not MiG-29A, as it is just a short range tactical fighter, IMHO not even a F-16C level really. So not by itself mind blowing, just by being a RedAir.

So, if its not a Mig 29...then what do you think? Any guesses that is really mind blowing? I hope its not a turboprop or WW2 stuff...:noexpression: That would not be mind blowing much. Maybe Apache?

They did hint its not F-111 nor the Tornado. They also said they hope Tornado is taken up by someone other 3rd party.

The fact that wags & co are falling asleep laughing.

Because they know it's gonna be DCS: Tic Tac.

i was really annoyed by the grim reapers interviewer...asking the question about multi engine aircraft then volunteering his own opinion. Whateveryourname is -shut up and stick to asking question. You don't speak for everyone. there's a lot of people that would love M/E aircraft. doh.gif

He must have learned that from the public service broadcasters the common economy-biased press. Those usually do that as well.

Its in the recent Razbam interview with Ron, which is like an hour long but its in that interview somewhere.

Where is that? They promised us an update in July (or was it even June?), all we got was silence.

Can't remember the F-111 being mentioned even once in that interview. And I would have catched on that as it's one of my most wanted modules. They just talked Tornado. And I do hope for Heatblur here. But sadly, most people want to get the A-6 because of a movie...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I was watching an old Bunyap video on Tonopah, and honestly, the more I read and think about the "brain melter", and as more and more options get refuted, the more I'm convinced we could be looking at an F-117A.

It's out of service, outside of stealth not technologically superior to some of the gen 4 stuff we have (in terms of systems), and certainly fits the brain melter moniker. After the F-16, ED has a relationship with Lockheed. Stealth modelling doesn't need to be detailed; the in-game AI model already has a low RCS, so something along those lines making it low-observable could easily be modelled without divulging anything.

It also nicely fits this quote: "it isnt as new as to NOW. It's a challenge to fly, and is a milestone."* source -ED tester

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4373623&postcount=992

Bunyap mentions that the "too-classified" discussion always comes up when talking about it in the below linked video (around 10:27), but that it's not really true, and I'd trust him on that statement.

Edited by Majik

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

2:04 ( when video starts) to 2:20 .

There goes Wags teasing us again ;)

Yet another pointer that the Apache will be the next "eagerly awaited aircraft"

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

There goes Wags teasing again ;)

You noticed it too? :yay::clap:

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

2:04 ( when video starts) to 2:20 .

There goes Wags teasing us again ;)

Yet another pointer that the Apache will be the next "eagerly awaited aircraft"

yeah noticed that "huh..." too and it reminded me of his other video from last month "DCS: Syria Map - Damascus Air Taxi"

There he took a (short but proud) look at the Hind also to the left before the start (at 2:13)

edit: do you notice the same "huh... (what's that Hind doin' there)"? ;)

Edited by Tom Kazansky

Apache is coming for sure. But is it the mystery aircraft? Somehow I have this feeling it isn't. Will be a little disappointed, not because we get it. But I wanted two!!!

It's it mind melting, as they always said it would come eventually? It's it challenging to fly? Well it's a heli. And going alone, the systems might be challenging while flying at the same time. The mind melting thing can of course be that they have mailed the multi-crew/player and AI "Jester" tech. And can now push it to other modules. It fits being done in the Hind first, and will suit the Syria map immensely!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I was watching an old Bunyap video on Tonopah, and honestly, the more I read and think about the "brain melter", and as more and more options get refuted, the more I'm convinced we could be looking at an F-117A.

It's out of service, outside of stealth not technologically superior to some of the gen 4 stuff we have (in terms of systems), and certainly fits the brain melter moniker. After the F-16, ED has a relationship with Lockheed. Stealth modelling doesn't need to be detailed; the in-game AI model already has a low RCS, so something along those lines making it low-observable could easily be modelled without divulging anything.

It also nicely fits this quote: "it isnt as new as to NOW. It's a challenge to fly, and is a milestone."* source -ED tester

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4373623&postcount=992

Bunyap mentions that the "too-classified" discussion always comes up when talking about it in the below linked video (around 10:27), but that it's not really true, and I'd trust him on that statement.

Fine with me. Brings up memories:

SGTBkzPSIyYS3Ekz8y6-aEukgy3n2et8B_EuQMwsK5k_390x400_1x-0.jpeg

Edited by stormridersp

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Nope

what about a F-104? Could be "challenge to fly and is not as new to now"

In a recent interview ED said they have no interest in doing any F-10x aircraft.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

They also noted the Special interest in the F-104 from the community. They also did say they won't be doing modules like F-100 or the F-101 Voodoo.

Maybe some third party hint for the F-104.

What is actually sad thing. As it means that DCS World starts to be soon "completed" as there is no more new aircrafts to come from ED as they seem not to be interested to do all kind of them, like REDAIR is out of the question because "They can't" and "It wouldn't sell" arguments, and then something like F-10x series being out as "Not interested" means they leave out few interesting modules.

And then there are all kind other popular ones that are going for some third party studios like F-111, F-15 and so on.

So soon the DCS is "feature complete" as either there is just third party studios needed to do something, or they don't come.

Apache is coming for sure. But is it the mystery aircraft?

If the Apache has been mentioned in this thread in early phase, in the very first in fact. Then it can not be the one because it was already said by ED that the mystery aircraft was not mentioned in this thread (and apache was).

Apache is coming, but it is not it.

If the Apache has been mentioned in this thread in early phase, in the very first in fact. Then it can not be the one because it was already said by ED that the mystery aircraft was not mentioned in this thread (and apache was).

Source? Because if thats the case, we can almost skip all the planes mentioned here and its going to be something, nobody has on their radar. But that on the other hand would be idiotic, because if there is no demand, they would not make it...

Huhu... This is genuinely exciting. :D:D:D

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

What is actually sad thing. As it means that DCS World starts to be soon "completed" as there is no more new aircrafts to come from ED as they seem not to be interested to do all kind of them, like REDAIR is out of the question because "They can't" and "It wouldn't sell" arguments, and then something like F-10x series being out as "Not interested" means they leave out few interesting modules.

And then there are all kind other popular ones that are going for some third party studios like F-111, F-15 and so on.

So soon the DCS is "feature complete" as either there is just third party studios needed to do something, or they don't come.

I would more than LOVE to see some cold war planes. Especially the F-104...

But so far...it seems ED does not want to give us high hopes or they'd decide to cut the module building all together and just stop, leaving rest to third party. Hope its not the latter...

Most of the latest jets will not be available to be made as module.

Only the Redforce remains stuck...

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure of the exact opposite. It was confirmed mentioned in this thread actually. About February 15th or so. This date I might have wrong. I think what was ment that ED never have discussed this particular one before. Hence it's not the Apache but some other aircraft.

Just read through the whole thread in the weekend. Fun!

Now, what is mind melting, sought by the community, challenging to fly, not previously mentioned by ED and on the list prior to February 15th (or some date around that time).

I also would take whatever Simon said in that interview with a grain of salt. He for sure had a poker face on mentioning the Apache. Hehe

In a recent interview ED said they have no interest in doing any F-10x aircraft.
Well, do we believe him?

What got the 104 going for it. Except that comment in the interview.

It could be described as "mind melting", being the first Century Fighter modelled. It's sought of in the community. It's was challenging to fly, right?

But maybe most importantly, it will fit Nick Gray's visions of have an accurately module, as they probably can have access to a flying one. Even a two seater!

That said. I wouldn't bet on it being the mystery plane, yet...

Ouch :cry:

Would've thought that at least the F-100D and F-104G would've been on the table...

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Ouch :cry:

Would've thought that at least the F-100D and F-104G would've been on the table...

So...no other planes come to mind. That only leaves, the AH-64, and I guess it is mind blowing to some. Not me, since I don't really fly helos. But that's just me :D

I really thought it was either F-104 or A4 Skyhawk.

Hope its not some turboprop or propeller plane, coz that is not mind blowing. Well, maybe to some...