Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

This system of "reservation" is not ideal if we are honest ; it means some planes coming out in 2030 (considering the extremely long lead times for a single plane module) are already "reserved", and if a new 3rd party comes and wants to start this plane right away, they have to ask for permission. But anyway, I thank you for the informative answer.

Fortunately there is no reservation into infinity thing here - Razbam made some initial A-7E model and some "vague plans" after F-15E, MiG-23MLA, Sea Harrier FRS.1, EE Lighting F.6. But when FlyingIron stepped in with plan to dedicate to do A-7E right now - they received the green light from ED.

: "catch me if you can", a fun game for two to 50 players where one guy plays the mouse in a F-117 and all the other players are cats, trying to detect and catch the mouse.

I don't think this would be as fun as you may think. The F-117 is just as blind as everything else. No radar, no RWR, no SA at all.

According to the Fighter Pilot Podcast, the F-117 did have another role that could be fun in DCS, especially in certain servers: Equipped with AIM-9s, they were supposed to penetrate and destroy the enemy's AWACS. In some of the larger PVP servers, that would give a fairly distinct advantage - though if the capability wasn't available to both sides, it might cause some issues...

https://theaviationist.com/2020/06/03/f-117s-had-an-air-to-air-capability-with-secondary-mission-to-shoot-down-soviet-awacs-former-stealth-pilot-says/

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Nothing like a well-organized speculation thread, right? :) At least the F-117 has one mission it can do in DCS (as opposed to V-22),

Actually, V-22 can do more or less the same things the Huey can. It can transport people, it can slingload things, and it's got a ramp gunner, as well. It doesn't have a gunship variant, but it's a perfectly fine transport.

AIM-9s on F-117 seem like a nice idea, but it was never an operational thing (though they might have been tested). FlyingIron could add it just to diversify the Stingbug a little bit.

Wasn't there a V-22 variant (at least in testing) which had a retractable belly turret housing a rotary machine gun (GAU-17)?

As for AIM-9s on an F-117, it looks like it was testing only (if that). Looks like that interview is the only source around.

I do however have my doubts on either of them as being the secret module, the F-117 I would say is probably more likely than the V-22, seeing as it has a more direct combat role, but as most have said single mission only (pinpoint strike). It also has a tiny payload in comparison to our other aircraft. It does have IR and DLIR which might be interesting (I guess they'll be like early TGPs).

Both however would be extremely interesting entries though.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The V-22 did have the IDWS belly turret, Wikipedia claims they were deployed to Afghan, so I'd say that would definitely make the cut. Not much of an armament, but it'd work.

Seeing as FlyingIron is making the F-117 for X-plane, I would rather expect them to bring it to DCS, not ED. V-22 is far more likely, though my bets are still on the F-111.

The V-22 did have the IDWS belly turret, Wikipedia claims they were deployed to Afghan, so I'd say that would definitely make the cut. Not much of an armament, but it'd work.

Seeing as FlyingIron is making the F-117 for X-plane, I would rather expect them to bring it to DCS, not ED. V-22 is far more likely, though my bets are still on the F-111.

Nah V-22 has not enough "BOOM BOOM & BRRRRRRR" for ED

and another thing; 111 and 117 arent part of the century series?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...and another thing; 111 and 117 arent part of the century series?

No they're not, though I can see why you might say that.

The Century series are all F-10X; i.e only the F-100, F-101, F-102, F-104, F-105 and F-106

F-11X aircraft are not part of the Century series; like the F-111 and F-117.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

after todays newsletter i think the mig-29 could be the un-announced aircraft.

i just hope it would be a variant with proper controls - not one with those fancy-pants fly-by-wire. the flaming cliffs mig-29 is sooo much fun to fly. a full fidelity version would be very welcome.

• Like 3

Perhaps the term "eagerly" is not as strong as we're asuming and they picked that one to reflect it more accurately.

The term for awaiting a high-fidelity RedFor would then be something like, let's see on TheSaurus ..., "fiercely" or "breathlessly", right? :D

• Like 1

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Well confirmed its not red. Unless they are playing "lawyer games" and its a 29G

So if its blue probably F22 or 35 or some lame meme like that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well, they did that CFD study on MiG-29, so that kinda raised my eyebrow.

Or maybe it's just my wishful thinking...

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Well confirmed its not red. Unless they are playing "lawyer games" and its a 29G

Oh no. :helpsmilie:

after todays newsletter i think the mig-29 could be the un-announced aircraft.

i just hope it would be a variant with proper controls - not one with those fancy-pants fly-by-wire. the flaming cliffs mig-29 is sooo much fun to fly. a full fidelity version would be very welcome.

It would probably be a Project 9.12 Fulcrum A in any case, it's the best case scenario for fixed-wing REDFOR . Nevertheless, and it brings so much pain in my heart to say this, but given the comments by various ED staff, I don't think its the MiG-29 (either that or they're messing with us).

But I hope it isn't something 5th generation, there's lacklustre era consistency among assets and modules as it is with the mid 2000s F-16CM and F/A-18C; the only real exception is WW2 which has by far the most consistent assets considering player modules and other assets (and for both REDFOR and BLUFOR). If anything we need more modules centred from the 70s to the early 90s, as that's where the overwhelming majority of current assets are found

System:

It's not. "Not new, but not too old, either."

It's the F-111F. One of the devs is a fan, fits all the criteria, would require a milestone achievement (side by side multicrew), and is quite eagerly awaited. :)

• Like 1

It would probably be a Project 9.12 Fulcrum A in any case, it's the best case scenario for fixed-wing REDFOR . Nevertheless, and it brings so much pain in my heart to say this, but given the comments by various ED staff, I don't think its the MiG-29 (either that or they're messing with us).

But I hope it isn't something 5th generation, there's lacklustre era consistency among assets and modules as it is with the mid 2000s F-16CM and F/A-18C; the only real exception is WW2 which has by far the most consistent assets considering player modules and other assets (and for both REDFOR and BLUFOR). If anything we need more modules centred from the 70s to the early 90s, as that's where the overwhelming majority of current assets are found

I would say it's not a MiG, but i think 9.12 is being work on anyway, ED invested in this plane and i expect it to be released anyway. Just not as this groundbreaking module.

So if you want to figure it out think like ED. What aircraft make them the most money? Modern blufor multirole fighters. What aircraft do they seem to like the most? Modern blufor multirole fighters. It's not the F-111. Id be convinced it was the Typhoon if a third party wasn't working on it. What would THEY think is mind melting? Gen 4.5 or maybe even a Gen 5 fighter.

So if you want to figure it out think like ED. What aircraft make them the most money? Modern blufor multirole fighters. What aircraft do they seem to like the most? Modern blufor multirole fighters. It's not the F-111. Id be convinced it was the Typhoon if a third party wasn't working on it. What would THEY think is mind melting? Gen 4.5 or maybe even a Gen 5 fighter.

I hope to god it isn't.

System:

if we follow your reasoning it means that there arent many options: F-35, gripen, rafale, tornado

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heatblur had mentioned they wanted Gripen once, and the Typhoon guys want the Tornado (and ED had explicitly said they're not doing the latter). Rafale and F-35 aren't it, either, see below.

What would THEY think is mind melting? Gen 4.5 or maybe even a Gen 5 fighter.

Except they explicitly confirmed it's not new. They have already made every single one multirole 4th gen US fighter. It has to be something else. Typhoon would have been a decent shot, if it wasn't taken. Rafale is too new, not to mention Dassault is unusual amongst "blufor" fighter makers that they're just as hard to work with as the Russians (just check out the story of the guy who once made a Rafale for FSX).

The F-111 is a (reasonably) modern blufor bomber, and as it happens, most people who fly DCS fly offline, and they fly mostly air to ground. So it doesn't have to be multirole at all, just good at moving mud (the A-10 is a testament to that). The Aardvark would be a perfect fit for that part of their customer base.

Except they explicitly confirmed it's not new. They have already made every single one multirole 4th gen US fighter. It has to be something else. Typhoon would have been a decent shot, if it wasn't taken. Rafale is too new, not to mention Dassault is unusual amongst "blufor" fighter makers that they're just as hard to work with as the Russians (just check out the story of the guy who once made a Rafale for FSX).

The F-111 is a (reasonably) modern blufor bomber, and as it happens, most people who fly DCS fly offline, and they fly mostly air to ground. So it doesn't have to be multirole at all, just good at moving mud (the A-10 is a testament to that). The Aardvark would be a perfect fit for that part of their customer base.

When did they say it wasn't new? I thought it was supposed to be the most technologicaly advanced module yet?

Heatblur had mentioned they wanted Gripen once, and the Typhoon guys want the Tornado (and ED had explicitly said they're not doing the latter). Rafale and F-35 aren't it, either, see below.

yep you're right, but when TG said they wanted to do the tornado too?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if we follow your reasoning it means that there arent many options: F-35, gripen, rafale, tornado

Gripen, Rafale, or a newer 16/18/15 variant. They said they wont do a tornado. Maybe even one of the export customers asked them to do an F-35. I really hope I'm wrong. But there's nothing mind melting about an F-111. F-117 is old tech today. The Apache COULD qualify but they've said its not it. Smart money would be on they're at the fimal stages of securing a contract to make a module for a military contract and its going to be the most modern plane we've seen yet. Aside from WWII, ask yourself which aircraft they get most excited about?