Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

I'm standing firm, F-15C :music_whistling:

I hate to break it to you but ED has already stated that they have no plans to make the F-15C into a full fidelity module in the near future.

You can hear it for your self straight from the horses mouth in this interview at 1:36:30min.

Wags - ED Team

Later this year, we are looking forward to announcing an eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World.

link to this post please...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

link to this post please...

They haven't said yet, hence this thread. Expect it on 12/31/2020, or surely 2 weeks after that.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

They haven't said yet

wrong, they apparently HAVE said that "later this year we will announce an aircraft" ...... where and when did they post that???

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

wrong, they apparently HAVE said that "later this year we will announce an aircraft" ...... where and when did they post that???

Go crawl through the updates and discord, its in there somewhere. And no, they haven't said what it is yet.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Go crawl through the updates and discord, its in there somewhere. And no, they haven't said what it is yet.

He didn't ask that what is the hyped module, but that where and when is that source that they did give this major announcement that there is coming this hyped module.

As it very well might already been the AH-64 with so small as "Not if but when" revelation.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I'm pretty sure its going to be the Super Hornet

well its pretty similar to the existing one. So its not much of a strech.

Driving today it just suddenly came to my conclusion as well while listening the Fighter Pilot podcast latest episode of the Blue Angels transition from Hornets to Super Hornets, that a Super Hornet is their (USN)( currently old ware that they are transitioning away to F-35 (even when in 2020 Super Hornet Block III was delivered to USN), and it could make lots of sense to make a Super Hornet for some other countries defense training as many countries has just recently opted for Super Hornet and it is offered for many countries as replacement for Hornets and alternative to F-35.

A F/A-18E would hit two major stones at once. A Electronic Warfare version for supporting strike package and perform SEAD/DEAD missions, and then normal multirole fighter.

In the Fighter Pilot episode about Super Hornets, it was told that all USN Super Hornets were wired to ELINT tasking and they just switch the role by loadout that who is when a protector and who is the striker. As all the wiring that was made to all, made it easier to handle all carrier landings when all Super Hornets were at same weight to begin with and when you can just move the EW pods to any other Super Hornet on carrier it made storage and service systems easy.

Now think about their offer to get a more proper radar mission capability as external module? A proper IADS.... That means there is need for proper EW capability for fighters as well. And one of the major features for the Super Hornet was to have a dual-seater to perform exactly those duties. Have the one pilot to do it is not enough, as again like it was said in Fighter Pilot podcast as well, you can't have effective jamming capability if you do not get the jamming aircraft between the radar and the target and you need to be very accurately flying between there. And having a strike package and Growler (the Super Hornet tasked for EW protection) as same aircraft made it easy to plan and fly the missions as both aircrafts are as capable, where the old EA-6B Prowler was slow and couldn't keep up with the Hornets or Super Hornets or anything it was suppose to protect and be easily position itself to between threat and attack group.

Now if one wants to simulate the most modern USN operations, it is Super Hornet. There is no question about that. The F-14B is history already. The F/A-18C is legacy for 90's. And F/A-18E/F would present itself up to even today 2020 as fully capable variant for two purposes.

Having a far more capable EW capability would be mind blowing. Performing the duties of rear seater would be difficult, and protect a strike package would be challenge to fly.

Super Hornet is as well very familiar most parts to ED already, making it to be produced faster as it is sharing major designs and parts.

And when a Hornet was revealed and released, huge amount of people wanted as well see the Super Hornet. It came for couple year constantly up that "When we get Super Hornet" and community answered "What for? Same but just larger, and Dual Seater is not possible and Growler isn't option as EW parts are highly classified".

Like if we compare current DCS radar and ECM/CM functions, they are super simple. There is no difference at what distance you release chaff or flare. The chaff is like flare but for radar missiles. The ECM is nothing more than a multiplier for range where radar can lock on you as it is just a noise generator. The radars are simple that since Hornet at least got a simulated beam scanning pattern etc.

The ground units are idiots, where SAM operators are like total morons. There is no challenge whatsoever to go perform ground attacks that are supposely to be protected by a Anti-Air, as it is like heavyweight champion going to fight a 10 year old.

The only real way to make every aircraft more realistic is to improve the ground units, the whole ground warfare needs to be improved multiple times over from its current condition and capability. No more tanks sitting still to be bombed or easy to be found just by looking out from cockpit or using FLIR. No more just vehicles but thousands of infantry with self-defense capabilities. No more SAM threats that you can just fool around by playing their AI logic, no more playing a solo "super pilot" that wins the war alone taking whole army groups without challenge.

Super Hornet would be exactly the aircraft that could mark the point when DCS World next generation is to be started.

What comes to F-111, as I said early phase of this thread that it is the one of the most vocally wanted module, but it just does not fit really to the size of the DCS. Sure it is designer to strike through IADS systems, is dual-seater etc. But in the end it is just a bomber. And it is something that missions Super Hornet was meant to be able perform as well.

And if ED relationship with Boeing is great, then ED could have struct a very important contract with them to provide the training simulators for the military with Super Hornet. The military contract might be so important for the ED as they might get their primary income from that route. Why the Super Carrier was so critical as well. If they can produce a Super Hornet Block III for military, with the carrier etc for training purposes, and then they can provide the older Super Hornet variant for the civilian market, they could have very very profitable opportunity that they likely need to keep going with DCS World.

As if it takes at least about 500 000 dollars and 3-5 years to develop a single module. It needs to be profitable. Now we know that Early Access is critical for their business plan, so they really need to plan something major that is for their main customers and large civilian customer base for next few years. It can't be anything that is for small fanbase. The AH-64 is not coming because some helicopter fans wants to see it, but it comes because there is need for a AH-64 simulator for various countries militaries. They come first, not us.

A F-111 does not serve any purpose for anyone in military. It is dead aircraft. It is like F-14. What military would like to have F-111 or F-14 simulator that ED can export to? Iran is only one using F-14, and it is in strict weapon export blacklist.

We need to as well remember that ED is a Swiss company, not an Russian. Even when their main office is in Moscow, they are swiss company. And if you are foreign company, you are under very strict laws what you can do. Having a American developers, producers, contracts with their militaries and weapon manufacturers doesn't either much generate trust for either side when it comes to information/espionage and all of it. And it could explain far better why ED can't do a Russian aircrafts, considering even that how easily you get marked for "Foreign Agent" in publication if you even get funding from foreign sources. But their late MiG-29A contract possibility denies that hypothesis, unless they do it using some other countries sources that has operated MiG-29A than Russia, and that needs a possible military simulator for them.

And if the ED did the F/A-18C because it had so good profitable even on the civilian market, how many wouldn't buy a Super Hornet after Hornet when they have seen the highest quality?

Now wouldn't this be a mind blowing?

main-qimg-0f4c6ed9aa5789e77f69c37c54b52ce6.jpg.961921ca7a7807bb8f61cbcafdf141a9.jpg

And who wouldn't want to fly a TOP GUN II aircraft? Really?

Maybe they have not announced it as the TOP GUN II release to movie theaters has been delayed because Covid-19?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It's a very interesting judgement mr Fri13 made about Super Hornet, however there is one reason I would call it unlikely. The devs have a hard time gaining access to data even about earlier planes, essentially 90's models upgraded in mid 2000s. It seems to me that modernised FA-18C and F-16 bl.50 are the most modern we can get, and even they have many systems greatly simplified for secrecy reasons. Including EW and D/L. And the game as a whole revolves around 80s-mid 00s and doesn't yet have assets suitable for the 10s. Even on BLUFOR side.

• Like 1

Super Hornet fits all the hints made by ED (Boeing aircraft, modern but not too modern, multicrew with F-18F variant, BLUEFOR). Matt Wagner is also probably very familiar with it after working on Janes F-18

Well, if it's not that modern and a challenge to fly then ok, you're definitely right (no)

You should notice that F-111F would require an AI copilot, and side-by-side multicrew for multiplayer. Brain-melting enough for you? :) FYI, this is very hard to do given the current engine constraints, but it's something that the helo crowd wanted really badly for quite a while.

Why its so different compared to what Tomcat has? RIO is perfectly capable of switching stuff in the front seat.

It's not Superhornet, Matt said in some interview something like Boeing refused to sell them the license for Superhornet and Charlie was the most modern thay could get. And in another recent interview some of ED stuff told they do not plan making Superhornet in the foreseeable future. It's something else. Oh and Superhornet is very modern and this module is not.

Why its so different compared to what Tomcat has? RIO is perfectly capable of switching stuff in the front seat.

An F-111 WSO would have a somewhat more complex job, not to mention Jester actually working is a rather impressive achievement on its own. This would require a significant effort to implement, although part of it is being done for the Hind.

Also, it requires knowing a bit about DCS internals to understand why, but having two players be able to operate one switch is something that's quite brain-melting on its own. It seems simple, but is, in fact, very hard due to the way DCS handles aircraft cockpits.

Super Hornet fits all the hints made by ED (Boeing aircraft, modern but not too modern, multicrew with F-18F variant, BLUEFOR). Matt Wagner is also probably very familiar with it after working on Janes F-18

They said they are not going to make a super hornet...not soon

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Also, it requires knowing a bit about DCS internals to understand why, but having two players be able to operate one switch is something that's quite brain-melting on its own. It seems simple, but is, in fact, very hard due to the way DCS handles aircraft cockpits.

I will repeat - human RIO can click on human pilots cockpit in the Tomcat already, simply by moving the camera.

I will repeat - human RIO can click on human pilots cockpit in the Tomcat already, simply by moving the camera.

And the repeat answer to that is that it's not the same thing. You can repeat your comparison as often as you like but it doesn't change the fundamental problem that you keep skipping over.

They don't share controls. In a side-by-side cockpit, they will to a much larger extent and syncing them is a much bigger problem. A large part of what makes the F-14 work is that it doesn't have the layout of, say, the L-39 or Yak-52. Side-by-side is a far bigger problem than the (comparatively) simple switch sync that Heatblur achieved, and that was already a massive problem that failed a number of times before HB got it right.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

They don't share controls. In a side-by-side cockpit, they will to a much larger extent and syncing them is a much bigger problem.

Please explain like I am 5 why its such a big difference between WSO to the side and RIO in the back in terms of sync problems.

I've said this before and I like throwing it every now and then. I wish ED would concentrate on developing a 'complete scenario' for jets like they are for WW2. I'm talking say Vietnam or Korea. But develop it properly so that you have all the correct assets and map so we can actually have DCS Vietnam servers running which includes say:

Map: SEA (North/South Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, bit of Thailand, Gulf)

A/c: all the main Vietnam era a/c (F4, F105, A6, A1, Huey, Mig 17, Mig 19, Mig 21 - all correct era a/c)

Assets: SAMs, AAA, naval assets, etc

So yeah a full and complete scenario where we know we are fighting the proper ver of F4 (say the Es) vs the correct ver of the Mig 17/19/etc. Also being able to use the Huey like they did during the war.

Same for say a Korean conflict. We already have the F-86 and Mig 15. But complete it with the other a/c the USN flew (F4U, F-51, F-80) plus all the required assets.

Nothing annoys me more than servers that are filled with every a/c in a 'do whatever you want with whatever you want' scenario....because theres no immersion whatsoever.

• Like 2

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

This is what I'm now under the impression of it being....

And it makes complete sense too for training; it's modern enough, allows for transitional pilots from the F/A-18C.

It just makes sense.