Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

It's probably another 2-3 years down the line, the F-16C was teased in a very similar fashion to the Apache, and that was in the 2018 and Beyond video.

Who know though, I imagine a fair bit of the technology was done on the -24P

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Nipil said:

Well... I guess I can only congratulate Apache fans. It has been a long waiting time for you. But still, I am disappointed knowing it's not something Eastern, but yet another American bird instead, of which we have had a lot in the previous years already. I guess people like me will have to wait much longer (till we are already dead and a little more, probably).

This will be first dedicated blueforce attack helicopter. And a modern one at that.

Redford for attack helicopters already had the ka50, and an upcoming mi24 from ED, so when it comes to eastern rotary wing, dcs certainly isn't lacking

So no this isn't just another American bird.

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 2

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

1 hour ago, Nipil said:

Well... I guess I can only congratulate Apache fans. It has been a long waiting time for you. But still, I am disappointed knowing it's not something Eastern, but yet another American bird instead, of which we have had a lot in the previous years already. I guess people like me will have to wait much longer (till we are already dead and a little more, probably).

Agree.

Also a bit disappointing for me, but for everyone who has waited for this aircraft - congratulations!

• Like 1

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Damn, I did not expect a Longbow. I thought we would just get the A-variant!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well,

certainly not brain-melting..Had  hoped for something with fixed wings.
Also don't see what the big "never been done before in DCS" is supposed to be? An attack helicopter for the blue side?

We have helicopters, we have multicrew helicopters, we have  attack helicopters,with the Mi-24 we will also have multicrew attack helicopters, so all done already.

So its for blue and now what? Thats supposed to be the thing?

It's not like blue side is already way over-represented in regards to "modern" aircraft.
Good on the helicopter boys, but not interested in that, wont buy.
Congrats to those who wanted it though.

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

On 12/2/2020 at 9:58 AM, Tippis said:
On 12/1/2020 at 3:43 PM, sparrow88 said:

But its not a very difficult problem. Whoever says "My plane" via the radio menu

...will have their controls out of sync with the guy who was in control, and need to go through a lot of steps to do something that needs to be instant and, worse: which needs to be controllable by both parties at times. The problem here is that it can't just be one person at all times, at least not if it's done right.

In your face! It turns out Huey looks exactly like I imagined.

2 minutes ago, lmp said:

Yeah, the MiG-29 9.12 is certainly eagerly awaited by me. Especially if other Cold War jets follow. The 2000+ roster is pretty saturated now, considering all the aircraft that ED can't do.

Yeah, that's the issue for me with post 2000s aircraft - we're probably never going to get peer contemporaries of a similar era. I think that going forward there should probably be a focus on mid-to-late Cold War aircraft and variants say from the mid-to-late 60s to early-to-mid 90s.

• Like 6

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

32 minutes ago, sparrow88 said:

In your face! It turns out Huey looks exactly like I imagined.

Just too bad it doesn't work the way you said and has exactly the issue I described.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

1 minute ago, Dragon1-1 said:

TBH, I'm a bit disappointed ED went that way with multicrew, feels kind of like a half-measure. We'll see if it's any good, I suppose.

It caues… issues, for sure. Especially as far as not being able to hand over control properly if the pilot goes away, and the predicted problem with suddenly being handed control without warning. Funnily enough, that's pretty minor compared to the larger issue, though: it serves shockingly little useful purpose in the Huey (but that's more due to how its a secondary part of tertiary role, and the primary role has never worked remotely sensibly to begin with).

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• ED Team

Not going to make everyone happy, that is impossible, if multicrew or the apache is not for you no problem. 

For those who are excited its going to be great, the messages I have been getting today really makes me feel good about what we have done so thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to message us today. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

17. F-4 will be developed, eventually, but probably by a 3rd party dev. No particular model has been picked yet.

If ED officials really said that, Then I hope it will be Heatblur. I don't trust other ones

Edited by ebabil
  • Like 4

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

3 hours ago, Nipil said:

Yet there are still some good news for us Soviet/Russian planes lovers on Russian section of ED Discord. Seems like early MiG-29 really is going to be done. Now that's the eagerly awaited module for me!

841984376_.png.303415d69a97ce5bd2fff9dcac6c40bf.png

If it's mentioned, that doesn't mean too much. It'd be awesome and a must have for me, but still. Has there been talk elsewhere of the 9.12?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

6 minutes ago, TotenDead said:

Who's dotrugirl?

Kate Perederko - CEO at ED.

Until the last moment was expecting it to be anticipated MiG-29A... Even such an outdated A/C would blow my mind. But oh well... Guess I will continue the waiting game...

But once again, congrats to Apache guys, I'm sure ED will deliver a great aircraft!

2 years after EA release :D:D:D

Edited by killkenny1
Corrected Kate Perederko's last name and position at ED

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

1 minute ago, killkenny1 said:

Kate Perdenko (sorry if I spelt last name wrong) - C-someone (COO?) at ED.

Until the last moment was expecting it to be anticipated MiG-29A... Even such an outdated A/C would blow my mind. But oh well... Guess I will continue the waiting game...

But once again, congrats to Apache guys, I'm sure ED will deliver... 2 years after EA release :D:D:D

OoooOooooo, now that's interesting!

I'm weird and I actually prefer those early marks. I'd have actually preferred an F-16A Block 10 over what we did get, for example.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

12 minutes ago, ebabil said:

17. F-4 will be developed, eventually, but probably by a 3rd party dev. No particular model has been picked yet.

If ED officials really said that, Then I hope it will be Heatblur. I don't trust other ones

Where did you get that? Was it said by someone from ED?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script