"3 Cameras" view - adjustment for non 90 degree setups?

Hunter_5E

Sorry if this has been mentioned already as it most probably has, but I did search extensively and also ploughed through over 40 wish list pages looking for it and still couldn't find it.

Triple monitor users would be very happy if you could provide some form of adjustment to allow a useable "3 Cameras" view with monitors at angles other than 90 degrees. My monitors are at 45 degrees to each other and the "3 Cameras" option is unusable as it just looks totally wrong.

Considering that the vast majority of triple screen users will NOT have their screens at 90 degrees, there really should be an option to adjust for other angles as well. Using the "1 Camera" option on triples results in severe stretching on the outer two thirds of each side monitor. So much so that I cannot fly with that and have opted to use only 1/3 of both my left and right monitors.

It's a real shame having to throw away the outer 2/3 of both my right and left monitors due to stretching that makes me feel queezy. Please give us options to setup triples with "3 Cameras" view at angles other than 90 degrees?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3-monitor angle correction option

I second this request for a 3-monitor 'corrected FOV' option in DCS. With this option, angled side monitors will have the correct, accurate viewing FOV with very good detail when flying.

Please consider adding this option.

Steve

Intel i5 9400F @ 4 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD hard drive, MSI RTX 2070 Super w/8 Gb, Gigabit Ethernet, 2,3,3.1 USB, 3 ASUS 27" monitors 1440 x 2560 @ 144Hz. ThrustMaster joystick, throttles, TPR rudder pedals, TrackIr, HC Gamerlife headset w/mic. DCS 2.5.5 and X-plane-11, WIN 10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

viewDx 0 = Center
viewDx 1 = Right
viewDx -1 =  Left

Try adjusting from 1 to .5

you may also have to adjust the x position,

As I believe last time I tried this, .5 made half of the center on the side screen, so I had to shift the right screen over more.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 1 month later...

@SkateZilla can you please elaborate on this, as I'm very new and have this same problem for my triple setup. I understand how to change lua parameters but do not understand what you are doing in context. This problem is annoying and is dissuading me from playing dcs any further. Surely ED know of this issue, no one has triples at right angles surely.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

+1 

DCS Modules so far...: F/A-18C Hornet(my first DCS love), F-14 Tomcat(childhood favorite Fighter), AH-64D Apache(only a 30% chance I'll enter VRS...), F-15E Strike Eagle(Missilebombertanker Jet)

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, Asus Tuf Gaming OC RTX3080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz Ram, MSI X570 Mobo, Corsair H150i Elite RGB AIO, 6x Lian Li SL120RGB fans, 1TB 970Evo(boot drive), 1TB 980 Pro(DCS), 2TB Crucial MX500 Sata SSD(overflow), Corsair 4000D Airflow case

• 2 weeks later...