Buttkicker or jetseat worth it for space restricted users?

I'm looking into upping the immersion now that I can play DCS again, and have the f-18.

Before, a full pit would have been the goal, but VR became a thing a few years ago, so why the hell not.

But VR's gotta wait. I only have a GTX 1660 Ti. I'm also unable to buy a racing/sim pit frame. At least until I could find one maybe portable or stores easily.

That leaves me with my desk, a task chair from work, and TIR5. I believe my next addition then should be the buttkicker, or even the jetseat.

For those that use either of them, have you had any issues with cable management or..bulk? A goal is to be able to remove and reinstall this next device fairly easily.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Definitely worth it.

I used a car amp I bought on ebay and a power supply. Two transducers from amazon.

Connected with some 2 core flex with a garden plug so I can remove the chair.

It works really well, and is discreet.

I also have a jetseat on order. cf5198c9e6c4b3fab50e89df71d9cb63.jpg3c49a9abff861b1e524a736a39aaaaf9.jpg256a072315314dc9e15e7e3e15085f46.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Jetseat provides much better feeeling than a single buttkicker or bassshaker.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Jetseat provides much better feeling than a single buttkicker or bassshaker.

I'm sure I'll find out how the Jetseat feels, but for now, I went with the buttkicker. Major considerations were being under $200 USD total, and how fast I could get it. It's expected Monday. That said, the end goal is to own both. I've seen varying discussions where some people prefer the buttkicker and some prefer the seat. Either would be a major improvement for me and my setup.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

The major advantage of buttkicker over jetseat is that it does not require export, and does not require a 3rd party software to simulate sounds for each aircraft.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

The major advantage of buttkicker over jetseat is that it does not require export, and does not require a 3rd party software to simulate sounds for each aircraft.

So, you are not using the "SimShaker for Aviators" software?

If that is the case, are you getting good, distinctly discrete, vibrations for such things as landing gear operation, flaps, guns, etc.?

I would like to get a ButtKicker system as well, but am not too keen on having to pay for additional software to make it work satisfactorily.

Are you happy with your setup as is?

So, you are not using the "SimShaker for Aviators" software?

If that is the case, are you getting good, distinctly discrete, vibrations for such things as landing gear operation, flaps, guns, etc.?

I would like to get a ButtKicker system as well, but am not too keen on having to pay for additional software to make it work satisfactorily.

Are you happy with your setup as is?

I just got mine set up a few hours ago. Was playing counter-strike, and will move to trying battlefield bad company 2. So far I love it. I'll edit this before I go to bed with my initial thoughts in DCS without the SSA software

Update: Done with DCS for the night. I plugged this straight into my audio and passed the headphones through it. I must admit, at first I didn't feel much except when I was in f2 and behind the plane. Some volume adjustments made the difference. I have my xonar Xense sound card lying around somewhere. I think I'll hook it up and put my main stuff on it, and run the BK through the onboard from here. Then I could give SSA a try.

Ultimately, I think a good plan for this is BK as is, with jetseat using the SSA for more discreet actions. Either way, I'm quite satisfied for now. The wife called it a "buttplug" though.

Edited by AegisFX
New info

Art Of The Kill:

AHahah. I may have to explain this to my downstairs neighbors

Art Of The Kill:

It works much better with the software though, especially when you fire the guns!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I'll provide an alternative viewpoint. I have the Jetseat, but aside from using it a few times when I first got it, I never really use it. The main issue for me is that the vibrations didn't really add much to my experience, but the rumbling transferred through my rig to the floor and bothered my family. Although the vibrations enhanced the experience slightly, it didn't really add enough for me to consider it a make-or-break difference. After the first week or so, I consistently forgot to run the software for it and never really missed it. There's also the problem that in multiplayer, if "Allow player export" is set to false, then the software doesn't get any data so there's no vibrations. My left butt cheek also sits right on top of a motor as well, which gets uncomfortable over long sessions.

I'm sure a lot of people enjoy theirs and find it worth the money, but personally I find that it didn't enhance my experience enough for me to consider it worth the cost.

I'll provide an alternative viewpoint.

I'm sure a lot of people enjoy theirs and find it worth the money, but personally I find that it didn't enhance my experience enough for me to consider it worth the cost.

Have you tried a bass shaker system such as "ButtKicker"?

Not with DCS, but with a sim rig I had before for racing. I had two transducers attached to the left and right side of the pedal tray, where the wheels would be. They were supposed to simulate the effect of the wheels rotating and going over bumps, but I found them to be distracting and didn't give me any additional information over what my FFB wheel did. I guess I'm just not someone who really enjoys vibration effects.