Fictional Japanese Schemes

CHSubZero

Fictional Imperial Japanese Skin Pack

Because the Fw-190A-8 is looking similar to the A6M Zero I decided to create a few fictional schemes based on different A6M Zero's.

The most interesting part is the research :smartass: The color schemes of the Mitsubishi or Nakajima built A6M is not well documented. Mitsubishi built A6M's had silver spinners and more greenish grey coat while the Nakajima ones had black spinners and a more tanish coat.

Every early A6M had a brownish-red primer undercoat against the salty conditions, thats why the scratches in this skin packs are brownish instead of greyish.

Skins in this package:

• AI-103, Mitsubishi A6M2 type 0 Model 21, IJN Carrier Akagi, Pearl Harbour, First Wave, Squadron leader Lt. Masanobu Ibusuki
  • AI-151, Mitsubishi A6M2 type 0 Model 21, IJN Carrier Akagi, Pearl Harbour, First Wave, Private Officer 1st class Yoshio Iwaki
  • BI-112, Mitsubishi A6M2 type 0 Model 21, IJN Carrier Soryu, Pearl Harbour, Second Wave, Private Officer 2nd class Takashi Okamoto
  • Rai-153, Mitsubishi A6M5a type 0 Model 52a, 256th Kokutai, Malbalacat Airbase, Philippines
  • Tsu-102, Mitsubishi A6M2 Type 0 Model 21, Tsukuba Air Corps, Operational Training Unit, October 1943

Download

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308081/

Release Notes

v4: BI-112 and Tsu-102 added, Carrier Zeros are now historically correct more tan then Grey/White and color bands on wheels fixed

v3: Rai-153 added and smaller fixes on all planes

v2: AI-151 added and main landing gear struts are now painted correctly in black instead of Aodake Iro

v1: AI-103 added

CarrierZeros.jpg

GreenZeros.jpg

Edited by CHSubZero

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

Did you post your work in the livery contest already or do you wait until the skin is finished?

I uploaded it to the livery contest :) Now with the updated RoughMet, the metalic nose cone looks marvelous :smartass:

Edited by CHSubZero

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s the katakana spelling for « tsu »... Hence tsu-102. ;)

Katakanas are one of the syllabaries used in japanese.

Tsu probably making reference to the Tsukuba Air Corps.

Edited by Akatsuki

Next one will ready for the updated skin pack. Release will be after ED included the contest winning Fw-190 skins.

• BI-112, Mitsubishi A6M2 type 0 Model 21, IJN Carrier Soryu, Pearl Harbour, Second Wave, Private Officer 2nd class Takashi Okamoto

Edited by CHSubZero

I'm using BI-112 to test and fix some errors I made with my first Zero skins. After that I'll update the other Zero skins and send them to ED.

• Engine cowling is now a blueish black instead of brownish red
  • Color code on wheel plate is now historically correct (A6M2 had blue and red bands)
  • The position of the color bands is still too high (will fix next)

Edited by CHSubZero