[NO BUG]can't hear flaps raising or lowering...

fitness88

Has anyone figured out how to get the sound of the flaps when raising or lowering to make some audible sound? There is a .wave file for this and it makes plenty of sound but ingame it's absolutely silent.

I was able to raise the sound of the landing gear nicely but not the flaps.

Thank you.

This may help to hear more in game audio

Thanks for that, but that's not my issue. There doesn't seem to be a script telling the sim to play the FlapsIn.wav or Flaps.wav files, in or out of the cockpit when the flaps are moved.

These 2 files are played and easily heard in/out of the cockpit of other jets I've flown, F-15, Mig-29, Su-27 etc.

I don't hear them in or out of the cockpit. Why wouldn't they be heard inside the cockpit?
Likely because they aren't loud and if they made any noise it would be drown out by the pair of jet engines generating 200+ decibels plus the helmet/sealed cockpit. Its not like a Cessna where they are right beside your head and you have a lawnmower engine running the thing. ;)

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

If you mean within the cockpit, you shouldn't hear them.
Ninelines right you do not hear them in the cockpit. You can feel the change in the aircraft aerodynamics irl but you don't hear them.

Mind you you can't feel chaff and flare go out IRL but I like that I can feel it with a jet seat . If you choose to mess with it it's up to you but it's not a simulation problem.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Ninelines right you do not hear them in the cockpit. You can feel the change in the aircraft aerodynamics irl but you don't hear them.

Mind you you can't feel chaff and flare go out IRL but I like that I can feel it with a jet seat . If you choose to mess with it it's up to you but it's not a simulation problem.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

I've modded the flaps to go much louder. No matter how loud I make the flaps file it cannot be heard in or out of the cockpit which is telling me there is no script to make it work.

You can hear the landing gear go up or down, I've made it louder also chaff and flares. So if these can be made to be heard in/out of the cockpit, something is broken with the flaps.

I've modded the flaps to go much louder. No matter how loud I make the flaps file it cannot be heard in or out of the cockpit which is telling me there is no script to make it work.

You can hear the landing gear go up or down, I've made it louder also chaff and flares. So if these can be made to be heard in/out of the cockpit, something is broken with the flaps.

Umm...it's been said that nothings broken. IRL you cannot hear the flaps move, in or out of the jet. Not with the motors running anyway. Good luck screwing with the files, you might break something. I hope not!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!