Combat Supply Aircraft

Devil 505

So I know this has possibly been posted but I figured why not reignite the topic. With the new dynamic campaign engine coming up, there are many out there who would like to deliver supplies to support their side of the conflict. If this is going to be a reality (hope ED can comment) then this would open the door to a whole new genre of aircraft for every time period.

I would love to deliver supplies in a WW2 setting using the C-47 or doing supply/troop drops. Or using the JU-52 to run supplies for the Germans.

Iraq/Afghanistan/Syria we have C-130's, C-17's, C-5A's ect.....

The list can go on and on. Some will surely find this boring and not be interested. But if it could be put to use and affect the tide of war, I think there would be more than enough support to buy them. Be interested to hear every ones opinions.

I like your idea and I think it would be a hit with those that have no interest in flying the typical armed combat mission. However there is currently one big limitation in DCS that limits the simulation of aircraft engines to only two.

So until DCS is updated to support multi engines you are going to have to limit the list to twin engine planes.

My first choice for a twin engine cargo airplane would be the C-2 Greyhound. It would be the only cargo airplane that could operate off carrier decks and would be a perfect fit for the current state that DCS is in with all of the new naval maps coming out soon.

C-2A.jpg

Might be wiser to ask for more and upgraded AI cargo/ Tac airdrop capable birds integrated into their new dynamic campaign first. Give them a proper role in the sim first, and someone will build them very soon after.

I'd like to see the C-130 types updated with animated paratroops, correctly functioning ramps, combat offloads, platform extracted airdrops, and LAPES (low altitude parachute extraction system). Of course a proper rescue bird with FULTON recovery ability for both satellite data cards and bad guys in orange jump suits with refueling, gunships, MOAB delivery, HALO, and drone launch ability. Nice start for AI, make for some proper spec ops missions using all our current and up coming Helicopters and Mud movers. Than they're a real cog in the machine and take a proper role in your missions and overall make the war truly dynamic.

My first choice for a twin engine cargo airplane would be the C-2 Greyhound. It would be the only cargo airplane that could operate off carrier decks and would be a perfect fit for the current state that DCS is in with all of the new naval maps coming out soon.

This would be more broadly useful

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn.com%2Fce%2Ff1%2F7941f13349ec8ff2076311e21eba%2Fcodsprey.JPG

1000x510_q95.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

This would be more broadly useful

It would be cool to have a the V-22 but because it is still so new it would be far more difficult to gain the necessary permits and licenses to clear it for development. While the C-2 is older and being replaced by the V-22 it would be far more feasible to get a license. That is one of the main reasons why most of the DCS veterans are preferring older aircraft because they would be far more realistic and quicker to acquire a license and develop. See this recent thread for more info: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=262653

As reminder once again to those that are unaware of what it takes to just get a license read this announcement. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2019-11-29_Kiowa_Announced/

And as another reminder the the C-2 would help with the future development of the E-2 Hawkeye because it shares the same wings and power plants.

US_Navy_050220-N-5384B-041_A_C-2A_Greyhound%2C_assigned_to_VRC-30_and_a_E-2C_Hawkeye%2C_assigned_to_VAW-116%2C_perform_a_fly-by_during_a_flight_demonstration.jpg

Edited by Evoman

I'd throw my money in the hat for the OctopusG guys to "Kick start" their An-2 for FSX being developed for DCS, especially if it could be designed to land on dirt roads!

antonov_an2%20(21).jpg

antonov_an2%20(11).jpg

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And as another reminder the the C-2 would help with the future development of the E-2 Hawkeye because it shares the same wings and power plants.

yea, but if you couldnt get the green light on an osprey, i cant see the hawkeye being the slightest bit easier

besides, we have aircraft variants that are newer than the early v-22s

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I'd throw my money in the hat for the OctopusG guys to "Kick start" their An-2 for FSX being developed for DCS, especially if it could be designed to land on dirt roads!

i want that plane to an unreasonable degree as well, despite it being even more niche than the greyhound or hawkeye, or osprey

i just didnt mention it cuz octopusg has virtually no presence in this forum, so i dont think theyd be interested in gauging our interest in the aircraft

System:

yea, but if you couldnt get the green light on an osprey, i cant see the hawkeye being the slightest bit easier

besides, we have aircraft variants that are newer than the early v-22s

The current E-2C is being replaced by the E-2D as we speak. So maybe there could be a chance to develop the E-2C if not the E-2A. The B to C was pretty much an engine upgrade. But it has been discussed before that many would be happy with a flyable Hawkeye with a generic radar model if it is not possible to model the classified radar systems.

Battlefield logistics and supply HAS to be included in the dynamic campaign when its finally finished. Throughout history, supply has been one of the major issues for every army eg. fuel for the germans towards the end of WW2, same with supplying during autumn/winter to the front lines on the eastern front.

To that end, we will also need means of supply, which for this game usually means vehicles, helicopters and cargo a/c. At a minimum, there's got to be atleast:

1. Blackhawk/Seahawk helicopters (seahawks do multiple sling load trips from supporting vessels to carriers; the army supplies FOBs, etc by helicopter)

2. Carrer based transport a/c (C-2, etc);

3. larger transport a/c such as the C17 (ok 4 engined I know) or the C27J Spartan which has two engines.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

C2 would be awesome. Caribou insta buy for me,C47 etc:thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Without a doubt a JU-52 would be amazing. SO MANY variant from transport, cargo, and even bomber briefly. A Red Force must for any campaign/map during WW2.

too many engines for dcs. it is available on the other combat flight sim tho, with working paratroopers

System:

C2 Greyhound seems like the logical choice to get into that whole scenery. Alternatively it would make a lot of sense to go for one that had a gunship conversion that would be not overly different from the 'regular' airframe. (A)C-47, 119, 123, to get the shooty peeps on board.