ADF and FM homing

wraith70

I recently purchased this campaign and it has been alot of fun. Just finished mission 6.

I ran into issues beginning mission 4 with ADF not working for Batumi. Could not tune into the frequency.

Mission 6 i managed to finish despite FM homing (40 and 44 MHz) and ADF 490KHz to Kobuleti not working. Manage to finish by landmark navigation.

I recall exercise area FM homing working in an earlier mission.

Just wondering if anyone else has had these issues?

To the campaign devs, if they still monitor, is it possible that DCS updates have broken the radio navigation? I'm running latest Open Beta.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Yep I've done this campaign recently and I can confirm that there is few problems with adf. The Batumi one isn't there/working and the 688 is also missing. Think there was few others with problems but I can't remember.

Edited by Waldemard
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
I'm not sure if Huey ADF works the same but could this reported problem with the Mi-8 be related?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4347634#post4347634

Thanks a lot. I tried this but in Argo's case the watt was still set. It seems it's not the solution :(

I am trying to re-save the missions and see if it helps but no luck yet.

For a weird reason it works well when you create a new mission but not on the campaigns which were built on older setups.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I've played around with the Huey in the mission editor since having this problem. It's hard to be sure since I don't know what detection ranges should be but it does seem that sometimes I get ADF at very long ranges while other times I need to be right on top of the transmitter. I find it can be difficult to be sure I'm on the right frequncy sometimes and my morse isn't good enough to recognise the identifier codes.

Also, without knowing how ADF and FM should work in real life but I seem to get FM direction finding at huge distances sometimes. In mission 5 I could pick up the FOB right from the start despite having at least two mountain ranges between us.

Somebody with a better understanding needs to check this out but it seems that direction finding on the Huey seems to be a bit weird beyond the campaign.

• 9 months later...

In mission editor and in the other missions or campaigns, the Huey Radio compass indicator work fine, but in mission 7 of Argo Campaign, my ADF to Senaki (688Khz) don't work. It indicates 310°. I followed to the end of the map and it never changed direction. It just wobbles a little. 

Ps: The morse signal is correct.