Excellent Manual

Johnny Dioxin

Just like to say what a good job I think you've done with this manual - definitely one of the best in the DCS series. I remember the nightmare I had trying to read the Ka-50 manual comfortably (many, many times) and whilst comprehensive, it wasn't the easiest read due to the layout and persistent insertion of Russian words and technical specifications rather than general names.

Over the last couple of decades and longer, I've read multiple manuals and documents on the F-16 and this one is quite honestly the best of the lot, from an operating perspective. Yes, there are mistakes with grammar, spelling, getting abbreviations in the wrong order etc, but I've been reading it every night when I go to bed before lights out, and it's been not only an easy read, but an enlightening one.

Good job!

I wish the manuals for all modules followed the same format and principles as this. :thumbup:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Agreed. Best manual by far - kudos for that. Good manuals are important - especially for newcomers to the series. I guess the F16 got us a bunch of those that have stuck with other sims.

It feels like they have been getting quite a bit of inspiration from the manual Grand Master Chuck...

I hope the manual continues to evolve along with the module.

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

The manual is great. The big improvements are:

* topics oriented around the procedure you need.

* a combination of text and orienting images (eg. in startup)

* logical layout with good progression of topics.

Great job on the manual. It provides an example that is worth following in other modules.