Use NS430 in campaign and training missions

Hi,

I bought the ACM campaign just a few months ago, and now started with the training missions.

Using the NS430 to navigate, the screen says “no gps position”.

Does this mean the garmin does not work in the tr missions or campaign. Is it disabled? Can I enable it?

(Even vfc-13 are using handheld gps these days :-)

Thanks in advance

Sorry not sure.

We have never tested with the NS430 with the F-5E but from what we found online it should work with the Nevada map.

Here is the reference: https://steamcommunity.com/app/223750/discussions/0/1744478429677687945/

The NS430 needs to be setup each flight as there is no way to save settings, custom flight plans or custom waypoints.

The moving map is 6° out (MVAR ?) in Caucasus and Nevada maps.

You could try selecting Unrestricted SAT/NAV in the Game Play options of the main menu.

If you do get it to work, please post as I'm sure others would be interested.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Thanks for your time. It does work for me in NTTR in MP, so I was surprised.

Could it be related to tr mission date set before 1994? Or coalition to USAF missing? Found this in the forum, but not so familiar with ME...

Sorry, Game Play options, like in DCS settings? Will check and test.

Any solution I will post.

Edited by Red Ripper

• 3 weeks later...

Been busy, sorry for late reply.

Found the option, thanks. The Garmin still has ‘No GPS position’ big on screen. Could well be related to the 1988 date, yes.

However, I found that it does work ‘behind’ the GPS message. I can use the Garmin to navigate/follow the waypoints. Even the sequencing of waypoints works.

It is just a bit annoying to have to look ‘around’ the GPS message. Hope the limitation could be switched off soon. Any chance the 1988 dates could be changed to a later date? I tried but the missions seem to be locked.