[CANNOT REPRODUCE] Something Wrong with Hornet Trim?

Weegie

Being flying warbirds and returned to the Hornet to sharpen my refuelling skills

Flying a simple refuel mission with no wind & firstly it seems to always want to roll to the left.

Trim that out and then it's rolling to right, it just seems difficult to fly wings level

It's making it almost impossible for me to track the basket.

I seen some post last year about it weathercocking into the wind but would have thought surely that was fixed by this time

When I approach the basket it seems that the basket acccelerates to one side yet it tracks quite steady as I approach it until I'm close

Is it just my imagination (not ruling it out) or has something changed, just don't remember it beiing this difficult before?

Don't think it's wingtip vortices as I usually approach from below

Provide a track maybe so people can look.

Doing AAR as a single player, in the latest beta and it just works - and it is my daily routine. Any tanker as well.

Attach mission maybe as well.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

What Razo+r said. Caught me out many times. Now when I’m lined up on runway, I run throttles up to max dry and check, back to idle, let it settle for a few seconds, then give it the beans and carry on. Now it’s very rare I have a split throttle response (warthog throttles and stick).

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Yeah Ok perhaps that's the problem, I was flying with the throttles split

Using a TM Hog throttle and the throttles are split I'll check that out.

Surprised it makes such a difference with the engines being so close together, but I'll check that for sure

Thanks all

It sounds similar to an issue I have when I'm not setting proper trim at takeoff and leaving flaps to auto. Perhaps consider having the FCS and ENG pages up on your DDIs to see if you've got some mismatched trim and throttle.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

randomTOTEN you may be right I noticed later that when a way out it seemed stable, when close to Herc the rolling to the left started.

I can't recall Wake Turbulence being so severe last time, but perhaps its been updated.

Ok I need to spend some more time establishing exactly what is going on and when. I'm not saying its not all my imagination because I just could be so out the groove and forgotten how difficult it is.

Thanks for the replies, if I manage to pin it down more I'll post up

Not saying its a bug at all just curious what others thought and why I seemed to be struggling so much

It's Wake Vortice that's the culprit, I just disabled it in the mission................no roll

I don't remember this before I always fly with it enabled and never had the problem, perhaps in the interim it's been tweaked.

Thing is most comments I've seen from fighter pilots state that it's a little easier IRL, yet DCS is making it more difficult

Oh well no point in bitching just need to suck it up and get more practice in

Thanks for all the suggestions

After a little time bouncing and rolling, I think I found what I was doing wrong.

On approach I developed the left roll and trimmed to suit. What I didn't know was when really close it dimishes, so with the trim in the left roll becomes a right roll.

Now I just fly through it