AV8BNA VR Pilot in the works.

Timghetta

Ok...

Update on the VR Pilot for the AV8BNA.

Now the Mirage 2000C VR Pilot is finished and soon to be pushed out to everyone in the next update. I have set up the Harrier pilot on the seat jig to start scanning and begin high poly mesh cleanup. Hopefully that will be done in the next week. Then most of the work will be in lower poly retopo'd model that will be used in game.

I working to give you a gorgeous VR Harrier pilot just like the NEW Mirage VR pilot coming out in the next update.

Pic of the mannequin with Navy/Marine Pilot gear.

attachment.php?attachmentid=226845&d=1581097269

picturemessage_y52efxxa_1xk.thumb.png.9ff2d9aec7184a0a5f8ebcb0cdf39b96.png

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

Nice. Good luck working on the pilot model.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

So the arms are rigged to our hand controllers? Or it's just a static model like the usual optional pilots? I ask cause you keep emphasising ''VR'' pilot

+1 I would also like clarification on this.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

"VR Pilot" means this pilot will be seen when using VR only. Animations will be fully done as per the M2000C pilot (Example: so when you move your stick the pilots arms move with the stick or your legs with the pedals etc).

May I also say that Tim has done a fantastic job with the M2000C pilo, outstanding work, strapped into the seat harness and everything :).

Good work Tim :)

Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

• 2 weeks later...
Great. Harrier's cockpit looks so empty in VR.

And seeing what you've achieved with Mirage pilot I'm confident with result.

Yeah, the mirage pilot is great, looking forward to the harrier and I suppose mig19 pilot at some point? I guess you're gonna need a collector for that old gear.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, the mirage pilot is great, looking forward to the harrier and I suppose mig19 pilot at some point? I guess you're gonna need a collector for that old gear.

But what will Tim wear at the weekends :) lol

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Wow your starting to plough through the pilot body work any chance you can make one for all modules in dcs missing one, just kidding really appreciate this

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

"VR Pilot" means this pilot will be seen when using VR only. Animations will be fully done as per the M2000C pilot (Example: so when you move your stick the pilots arms move with the stick or your legs with the pedals etc).

May I also say that Tim has done a fantastic job with the M2000C pilo, outstanding work, strapped into the seat harness and everything :).

Good work Tim :)

Specter

Not just for VR it works in 2D

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Thanks for the compliments.

Update on the Harrier Pilot.

Been a little delayed as I am still waiting for "Belleville Brown Leather 330ST Flight Boots" <--- What the Navy and Marines use cause of all the controversy last time with the "walking" mirage pilot not having the correct foot wear. This time I am making sure this doesn't happen like we did with the Mirage VR pilot using Lowa issued boots.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

I never really feel the need for the VR pilot and thought it was a nice to have. But I must admit that the mirage pilot changed my thinking.

It's really an amazing good job and I am already impatient to see the Harrier pilot.

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

One thing I wish could be done with the VR pilots in general is to have some way of having them move the throttle arm out of the way instead of turning off the pilot to access some of the obscured switches. To an extent both "sides" can do this, but it would be cool to have an animated move the arm out of the way instead of turning the whole pilot off for a sec and then turning them back on.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Applying arms opacity when the mouse cursor is on the left/right console could be a workaround. But its more important to avoid complex calculation and fps drop for this kind of nice to have features. Same idea for the throttle and stick

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

@Timghetta: Fantastic work on the M2000C pilot; love the subtle and realistic animations while flying.

Really looking forward to this one as well.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Wow your starting to plough through the pilot body work any chance you can make one for all modules in dcs missing one, just kidding really appreciate this

With that level of quality, I would gladly pay for that. Good idea, actually!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ok...

Update on the VR Pilot for the AV8BNA.

Now the Mirage 2000C VR Pilot is finished and soon to be pushed out to everyone in the next update. I have set up the Harrier pilot on the seat jig to start scanning and begin high poly mesh cleanup. Hopefully that will be done in the next week. Then most of the work will be in lower poly retopo'd model that will be used in game.

I working to give you a gorgeous VR Harrier pilot just like the NEW Mirage VR pilot coming out in the next update.

I'm a bit late to the party, but still... this is great news!

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...

@Timghetta Would you say there is a chance for animating the pilot arm, leg and torso movements so it does not block the view to some elements in the cockpit? If no, is that due to the EDGE engine or simply a matter of man power? Because that could a first and unique feature of your modules.

@Timghetta Would you say there is a chance for animating the pilot arm, leg and torso movements so it does not block the view to some elements in the cockpit? If no, is that due to the EDGE engine or simply a matter of man power? Because that could a first and unique feature of your modules.

That would indeed set a new (and long wished for) standard!

And it would give the AV8B module an awesome new unique selling point :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH