Switch for runway light

Ares63

Unmanned airports with runway lights, in RL you use the radio to turn them on, transmitting on the correct freq and lights come on/off. So, yeah, you should use the radio anyway. There is no ''switch''. Larger airports will alwats be manned, thus you'd communicate with ATC, it's only little ones you'd even be doing this. I do not know how the small airports work in DCS as I rarely use AI atc anyway. It's possible they already work like this. I'll test later.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

They are kind of supposed to work like 'call inbound and you get some lights', but in practice, they often just don't. It might be that this particular mechanic only works based of local time or height of the sun, which leaves them off and dark in other conditions of bad visibility.

+1 would definitely like this feature. I'll second the experience Kang described, I've had missions which while technically daylight, were in complete overcast and a thunderstorm. Sure above the clouds and it was fairly bright out below the clouds however, it was very dark.

It might be an idea to have lighting as a triggerable action... Just a thought.

Hmmm, wonder if we could get static objects with lights we can trigger on or off too...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Irl in the USA, you tune in to the frequency of the airport, and click the PTT. You can cycle through high or low intensity. After a few minutes, (15 iirc), lights go off. It could be useful, but all of the airfields we have are manned 24/7 anyway.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill: