Zombie as a DCS trailer soundtrack....really?

Boosterdog

So 99% know the song but how many care what it is about? 3%? It's a popculture product - not some national or sensitive material. I saw many people dancing to the song. Does it make them war supporters? Does it fit?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

i found it to be awful. i really dont like cover tunes in trailers, especially bad ones,its gotten cliche and its a trend id like to see vanish. ive always felt the cranberries were a particular kind of terrible, so i just mute the video- no ones making any spoken announcements

i said it before, and ill say it again:

we need Laobi narrating these trailers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

we need Laobi narrating these trailers

It was probably Zhukov that said that people here are constantly mistaking "we need" for "I want".

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I fully understand the song might seem inappropriate... but only to those who:

a) are native English speakers and thus can understand lyrics well;

b) are interested in '90s rock music and thus...

c) ...are old enough to know who Cranberries were;

c) know what this particular song was about / why it was composed by the Cranberries.

However, I myself, falling only into c) category, don't know what all the fuss is about (it's the first time I read that apparently it was some anti-war song). To me, from catchy-trailer-viewer point of view, it's just some background-filling noise without any hidden meaning. I suppose I'm not the only one, maybe even I'd hazard a guess I represent majority. Watched the trailer the first time with music muted anyway, as I came to check the new aircraft content rather than new music choice.

Anyone knows where Glowing-Amraam comes from?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It was a poor choice imo.

It has a lot of connotations here in the UK and in Ireland, it's very much an anti-violence song. I found it to be quite jarring, clearly chosen for the one line.

However, unfortunately it's one of those songs which the wider world knows well, but without the history or meaning, so I can't exactly point the finger of blame for choosing a good song. Sort of like how GreenDay's "Good Riddence/Time of your life" often gets played at weddings...

And a cover version too? Erugh.

Still, it's just one video for a 2020 trailer, I don't actually care enough to be demanding change or removal, just maybe a little bit more research into the choice of songs for future videos.

I actually thought it was chosen as a somewhat ironic commentary on people's obsession with war-fighting even if they've got no involvement in it beyond watching the news ( I'm well aware what the song was written about, given several near misses probably more aware than quite a few people here ). Hats off to whoever picked it if that *was* a consideration, you troll you :D

Far too many people everywhere are still fighting old wars.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

While the tanks and bombs line is obvious, the line immediately after “in your head” was just waiting to get used for a combat sim video. You can also make an analogy to the meaning of the song, that violence starts “in your head” and what’s not important is suppressing it but expressing it in a healthy way that doesn’t turn us into a “zombie.”

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Can relate to the OP .

Though I get that others view it differently, personally speaking , I found it a very tasteless choice too - especially in view of what Twistking wrote already , that normally these marketing outings are designed & reviewed through and through down to the details .

Hopefully they‘ll be a bit more considerate in future trailers.

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

So, I'm guessing you guys were against using CCR Fortunate Son for those Viet Nam Huey videos like this one?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

good-morning-world-71bu6n.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• ED Team

Songs will have different meanings for different people.

I served in Northern Ireland and have always liked the song personally.

We appreciate your feedback, and will bare it in mind for future videos.

This thread is political and is against the forum rules so I will close it.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2