Poor support from Virpil

imacken

After I received my 2nd WarBRD base, there was an immediate issue, and that was a horrible creaking noise coming from the rubber where the stick sits.

I contacted Virpil on this and got a standard response. I replied saying that was no help and got no response. Since then I have tried a couple more times, but no joy.

Very poor support with no answer after 3 or 4 weeks of trying! Disappointing.

(PS. In the end I resolved the issue myself!)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Was it just a case of a little silicon sealant on the rubber boot? That creaking happened to me on my mongoose anyways and it was quite annoying. Should come pre-applied though but an easy fix.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

..In the end I resolved the issue myself..

How did you solve it? I for reasons of friction stopped using my x52 pro. These peripheral manufacturers should always use low friction materials such as teflon-steel or teflon-teflon instead of plastic-steel..

Edited by The Falcon

It wasn’t any of the metal parts, it was the rubber casing.

I solved it just by smearing a bit of lubricant on the bits that were rubbing together. That and some wearing in has worked out the issue.

Still, disappointing about Virpil support.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I too have had a an issue with their product and got underwhelming support. I'm getting strange CAM bahviour on a T-50CM2. It took them 4 weeks (!!) to respond to an email. I replied immediately, and now it's been 3 weeks since that without any response.

It's a shame because I like the stick and was going to buy their rudder pedals. I'll look elsewhere now.

I too have had a an issue with their product and got underwhelming support. I'm getting strange CAM bahviour on a T-50CM2. It took them 4 weeks (!!) to respond to an email. I replied immediately, and now it's been 3 weeks since that without any response.

It's a shame because I like the stick and was going to buy their rudder pedals. I'll look elsewhere now.

Goodness they used to shine in this area too. Sad to hear.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yep, like THXT01A, I will think more than twice about buying any of their products again.

It seems like Virpil only turns slow as soon as you´re having issues with their products. 2 weeks ago i´ve asked via email if i can add something else to my order before it gets shipped and got a response after 12 hrs, that my order is already processed and shipped. So, someone IS checking these emails immediatly and it looks like as if the topic of the email is related to the response time... Not a good sign indeed...

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Me too, following a ticket, opened it's been about 3 months that they told me that they were going to organize the collection of my V.F.X grip but nothing, no news, each time I send them a reminder it remains unanswered

once when I told them that I bought them beyond 4000 euros of their product, the control person told me that '' I was deeply sorry that he will send a new grip to send him my address and I assign a date and since no news,

it is a shame to work like that in EU because if I report it, they will have problem

Really sorry to hear you guys are having a bad support experience from Virpil, I think Virpil are a victim of their own success, they have so many orders to fullfill and maybe not enough support staff to deal with the increased work load

I really hope you guys get sorted out soon

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

I had the same experience with Virpil support. Virpil certainly has high quality products, but their support is absolutely lame. I opened a ticket on January 16th. The answer came on Feburary 22nd. It was just a question about the processing status. Not exactly something Virpil should be proud about... :cry:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Yep, my last ticket was opened on 15 January, and no help whatsoever from Virpil! I don't care how small and busy they are, 6 weeks with no communication to a customer with a problem on a brand new item is disgraceful.

I wonder if Cyph3r is no longer with them?

While he was not I guess officially in the support department, he was always a great help and good go between. Don't think I have seen him around in a while though.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Funny how you all are having the same issue. They were great with my initial support last month in troubleshooting, then I sent them my base and I haven't heard anything since, even though I've reached out for an update several times

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

I wonder if Cyph3r is no longer with them?

While he was not I guess officially in the support department, he was always a great help and good go between. Don't think I have seen him around in a while though.

Cyph3r's last activity: 11-18-2019 05:42 PM

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Cyph3r's last activity: 11-18-2019 05:42 PM

That would be a loss for them for sure if he has left. Hopefully all is well for him.

Don B

DAMN..You guys aren't making my day.

I just dropped $250.00 on the WarBRD base to put my Cougar joystick on after one of my gimbals snapped in half.

Wanted something that would last a lifetime.

Hope I don't have any issues with it.

I don't think you have to worry about the WarBRD base. It's the best you can have, in my opinion. I even sold my Gunfighter base because it's much easier to use my TM Warthog and Hornet sticks with the WarBRD. No need to install any adapters, that are almost never available in the VKB shop. :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

DAMN..You guys aren't making my day.

I just dropped $250.00 on the WarBRD base to put my Cougar joystick on after one of my gimbals snapped in half.

Wanted something that would last a lifetime.

Hope I don't have any issues with it.

This thread is about poor support.

It’s now been 7 weeks without a response from Virpil for my issue with a brand new product.

Hello,

Here below I quote for you all the last message I sent to them, I don't believe they do the exchange, even if they do it, it is worthless for your information,I am a member of their founder club, it means when they were nobody I trusted them and bought the first batch of their stick and base

REMINDER

Hello Virpil control team,

Since January 22, you have sent me a message, and yet, no news or sign from you, this situation becomes unbearable for me.

Here-after I quote your message:

Hi Rxxxxxx,

I deeply apologise for the delay - due to incredibly high demand we have unfortunately been working through a very large backlog of requests.

I can have your V.F.X Grip collected, and to prevent further waiting I will have a brand new replacement sent out to you :)

Can you please confirm your address and date which is suitable for courier collection?

Do you want me to throw this handle in the trash? if that's what you want, say it and don't waste time your time and me waiting.

I bought 4181.32 euros of your items since the 20 / 06/2018 and you make me wait for a grip VFX for 155 euros.

Pending your comments and quick actions

Best regards,

How can you even spend over 4000 euros on their site? Even with multiple bases, a couple of throttles and all of their grips, that would be hard to reach. And it's not even possible to spend that much there right now since they are out of everything expect the WarBrd base, base plates and springs. :-)

How can you even spend over 4000 euros on their site? Even with multiple bases, a couple of throttles and all of their grips, that would be hard to reach. And it's not even possible to spend that much there right now since they are out of everything expect the WarBrd base, base plates and springs. :-)

when I send them such a message it means I bought from them since June 2018, for over 4000 euros, now I should prove it to you, I have bought a lot of thing in multiple copies since they exist, I have 5 computers each dedicated to a module,

hey, I have bought other staff /items for more than 10,000 euros, from vkb,to realsimulator two RX , so what?

Edited by gholi

when I send them such a message it means I bought from them since June 2018, for over 4000 euros, now I should prove it to you, I have bought a lot of thing in multiple copies since they exist, I have 5 computers each dedicated to a module,

hey, I have bought other staff /items for more than 10,000 euros, from vkb,to realsimulator two RX , so what?

Multiple PCs, got it. I was just curious because they really don't have a large enough portfolio of devices to hit that number with a single PC even with redundancy and grips factored in. At least until they get to the helo devices, but maybe the should focus on current issues (device failures and stock levels) before moving on to new devices such as those.