Dynamic Sound Overhaul Mod (New Sounds and SDEF's) 2022 **V3.0 NOW RELEASED**

Nin

Thank you, I am glad you like the mod. I am currently working on version 3 which makes it behave like a separate module, and uses the saved games structure. This means it doesn't require re-installation if the Mig21 is updated. Also will have new cockpit and engine flameout sounds.

IfSLbzf.gif

Very happy to hear it, looking forward to v3 release!

• Like 2

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

• 2 weeks later...

According to US reports, the noise level in the cockpit is not bad, and to be honest most aircraft in DCS exaggerate things like engine/AB noise and especially switch sounds to account for the lack of physical feedback. IMO the current volume is fine and you can still hear when the AB cuts in or out even with the "hear like in helmet" option on.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, Davey said:

This sound mod is fantastic. Are there any plans in the near future to change the internal gun sound? The current ED gun sound in the 21 is a bit stale, especially since it's used on so many modules.

it would be cool to have the F-5's cannon sound. that is awesome, recommend you go have a listen

• Like 1

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Just downloaded this mod and I gotta say it's SO MUCH BETTER than the original.

The original cockpit afterburner sound was just so drastically, crazy loud it overpowers every other sound once it's on, and that alone put me off flying the mig21. The modded sound has got it right imo, grunty and just the right volume. Where the volume's been turned up in the mod is the exterior but hey, that's exactly what afterburners sound like IRL.

Thanks for the mod!

• Like 3

On 1/5/2021 at 5:39 PM, terminator345 said:

Just downloaded this mod and I gotta say it's SO MUCH BETTER than the original.

The original cockpit afterburner sound was just so drastically, crazy loud it overpowers every other sound once it's on, and that alone put me off flying the mig21. The modded sound has got it right imo, grunty and just the right volume. Where the volume's been turned up in the mod is the exterior but hey, that's exactly what afterburners sound like IRL.

Thanks for the mod!

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it. New update coming soon.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:50 PM, Sceptre said:

it would be cool to have the F-5's cannon sound. that is awesome, recommend you go have a listen

On 1/3/2021 at 8:42 PM, Davey said:

This sound mod is fantastic. Are there any plans in the near future to change the internal gun sound? The current ED gun sound in the 21 is a bit stale, especially since it's used on so many modules.

I'll look into the cannon sounds, but I think this might be a matter of replace one, replace all - but I'll look into it in the next version.

On 12/24/2020 at 4:54 PM, RommY said:

great job ! wonderful.
is it possible to have the old version (with a link perhaps) because i want to make my own mix (for the interior sound).
I love those sounds in my Mig !!!!!!!
i thank you so much

If you have any suggestions let me know, I can include them in v3? I'd rather no distributions are made of this mod, but I'm willing to put together a few alternate mixes for version 3. 

• Thanks 2

The internal cannon sound is shared with a bunch of modules including MiG-29, Su-27, and Mirage 2000 - I think it just references a common soundfile in the LUA. I know the external gun sound does that (and mysteriously enough, uses the same sound as the Gazelle's 20mm cannon - so does the Mirage).

I put in a bug report about the latter, so hopefully before too long it can be switched over to the sound the UPK-23-250 pods use as it's the same weapon.

Edited by rossmum

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 2:06 AM, Nin said:

Just waiting on the weather to warm up so the museum Mig 21 is accessible to get some sound recordings from the cockpit.

Great job, I tried. the interior sound is perfect. I used the mode audio tracks, which are located in the CoreMods folder, for external audio. I did not intentionally use the sdef files. He left the default sdef. When testing the aircraft, the sound is very real. The turbine at idle beeps and when the forcing is switched on, the aircraft roars until a chill runs down its back. Looking fly-by amazing. 😉

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Blinde said:

@Nin Any progress with 3.0?

There have been changes with the way sound works for all aircraft with 2.7, my mod still works but I may make some adjustments. I am in the process of fetching recordings from the Mig21 cockpit, the weather should be warm enough now as it is stored outside.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, corn322 said:

Are they going to let you sample the cannon firing?

No...the cannon most definitely does not fire. It's a museum aircraft so I hope it doesn't...

Edited by Nin
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 10:10 AM, Zweistein000 said:

Tell them It's for historical archiving, haha. 

Btw where did you get the ini-cockpit engine sound from, then? 

Sound was from various sources mixed, mostly videos online.

Edited by Nin

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...