Dynamic Sound Overhaul Mod (New Sounds and SDEF's) 2022 **V3.0 NOW RELEASED**

Nin

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/30/2021 at 5:15 PM, loscsaba86 said:

Hello Community

I have no inside sounds after the latest update.
I have MiG-21 Sound Rework V2.0 and I pasted in again the mod sounds, but these work also just if you are watching from outside. You don't have inside sounds...

Anyone a solution? 🙂

Verify integrity of game files, then re-install. Alternatively wait for V3 which moves the mod to saved games. 

• Thanks 2

I have managed to progress quicker than I thought, I therefore hope to release Version 3.0 within the next 24-48 hours. This will include many changes, including a complete overhaul of cockpit switch sounds - I've spent the past week or so cutting up, editing, and adding sounds. All in all instead of 2 separate switch/button/lever sounds for the entire cockpit, there are now 27 separate sounds, with 77 sound samples for variation. Keep in mind, this is the initial release - although I have tried to match one-to-one from the cockpit recordings, I did not have audio for all switch types so had to add duplicates, but I should be able to source some more recordings soon. More details to follow with a full announcement in the next 24-48 hours. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

• Nin changed the title to Sound Overhaul Mod w/Dynamics (New Sounds and SDEF's!) 2022 **V3.0 NOW RELEASED**
Am 9.2.2020 um 23:42 schrieb Nin:

About:

Version 3.0

• Re-adjusted volume of all sounds.
  • Afterburner engage sound added (still WIP)
  • Complete overhaul of all cockpit switch sounds (see about section for more details)
  • Move mod to saved games to avoid need for re-install after update.

Download Link 

Is the DL link updated and correct?
- the files in the download and the readme are still the ones for the core tree reading "2.0".

( I read the instructions in the first post but maybe you should rename the user file or upload them under a different filename and URL to avoid confusion and to get rid of the "2.0" in the URL and filename)

Edited by rogorogo

6 minutes ago, rogorogo said:

Is the DL link updated and correct?
- the files in the download and the readme are still the ones for the core tree reading "2.0".

( I read the instructions in the first post but maybe you should rename the user file or upload them under a different filename and URL to avoid confusion and to get rid of the "2.0" in the URL and filename)

Not just yet, only updated the post am about to upload the mod itself shortly 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Nin:

Not just yet, only updated the post am about to upload the mod itself shortly 🙂

oh, well.. then I am sure many of us cannot wait 🙂
You are literally a lifesaver for our eardrums in the loudest of times!
Thank you for the fidelic mod and v3.0 in advance

• Like 1

VERSION 3.0 NOW RELEASED!

Thank you all for the feedback and support since the mods initial release. Version 3.0 is now live on user files, and can be downloaded from the download link in my original post at the top of this thread, there you will also find details of what's new in V3.0, and what is planned for V4.0

As always, any feedback or suggestions are welcome 🙂

Edited by Nin
  • Thanks 3

Dear Nin

Thank you very much!
Just 2 questions.

1.: You wrote "Select the two folders "mods" and "coremods" from the extracted mod zip on your desktop (or whatever location you chose) then copy and paste them into the root folder mentioned above. (This is for the cockpit switch and button sounds)"

But I found "just" the Mods folder in the extracted folder. Is it correct?

2.: Select the folder "tech" from the extracted mod zip on your desktop (or whatever location you chose) and copy and paste them into C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods (This is for all internal and external engine sounds)

I did not foind DCS.openbeta because I dont have the openbeta version + I did not find "Mods" folder. I just created it. Is it okay?

Edited by loscsaba86
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, loscsaba86 said:

Dear Nin

Thank you very much!
Just 2 questions.

1.: You wrote "Select the two folders "mods" and "coremods" from the extracted mod zip on your desktop (or whatever location you chose) then copy and paste them into the root folder mentioned above. (This is for the cockpit switch and button sounds)"

But I found "just" the Mods folder in the extracted folder. Is it correct?

2.: Select the folder "tech" from the extracted mod zip on your desktop (or whatever location you chose) and copy and paste them into C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods (This is for all internal and external engine sounds)

I did not foind DCS.openbeta because I dont have the openbeta version + I did not find "Mods" folder. I just created it. Is it okay?

Hi, thank you for pointing this out - the instructions in the README included with the zip are correct, I've updated the forum post to fix the error. It's just the "Mods" folder, there is no longer a coremods folder. I've also updated the forum post to account for both DCS (Stable) and OB. It's whichever you use.

Edited by Nin

Just wanted to take a flight with the new sounds, but found myself on the runway and playing with the throttle all the time 😄

Thank you very much for this Nin! 

Of the modules I fly, it is hard to compete with the MiG now, soundwise - there´s no other engine, which sounds so much differentiated. 

Edit: Fingers crossed, that Magnitude 3 LLC include Nin´s sounds officialy into the Phase 3 Update for our beloved MiG21!

Edited by Rosebud47
  • Like 1

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

14 hours ago, Rosebud47 said:

Just wanted to take a flight with the new sounds, but found myself on the runway and playing with the throttle all the time 😄

Thank you very much for this Nin! 

Of the modules I fly, it is hard to compete with the MiG now, soundwise - there´s no other engine, which sounds so much differentiated. 

Edit: Fingers crossed, that Magnitude 3 LLC include Nin´s sounds officialy into the Phase 3 Update for our beloved MiG21!

Thank you 🙂 Glad you like the mod. Still work to do, but it's nearing the limit of what I can do without help from the devs.

2 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Thanks for your work. I'm having the following issue though:

Untitled.png

What version are you on? Stable, OB, Standalone, Steam? I haven't come across this before...

Also confirm you definitely installed the "tech" folder within Saved Games, not your root DCS directory. Only the "Mods" folder should go in your root DCS directory.

Edited by Nin

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Slice313:

Looks like the next DCS update will include a fix for the MIg-21 sound issues (confirmed by devs). Cheers!

It would be good, because I will go crazy:

- I start a mission: no inside sound
- I restart the mission: no inside sound
- I restart the mission: YEEEEEAAHHH.... Finally I hear the inside sounds....

OMG

Any Info, when will come out the update?

With the Corsair finally wrapping up, it would be nice to get Mag3 to address the sounds all together. They are pretty abysmal and Nin's work is a good fix, but it really should be addressed.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

2 hours ago, loscsaba86 said:

It would be good, because I will go crazy:

- I start a mission: no inside sound
- I restart the mission: YEEEEEAAHHH.... Finally I hear the inside sounds....

OMG

Any Info, when will come out the update?

Hi, I haven't heard of this issue before. Occasionally you have to wait a few seconds for the sounds to kick in, but you should still hear some inside sounds even if the mod wasn't working (such as the pneumatic brake lever, AC/DC Gen buzz, etc) Can you not hear anything at all? I'd check the install and try run a DCS repair. And I imagine the fix will come with the next OB patch whenever that is planned for. 

Edited by Nin

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Nin:

Hi, I haven't heard of this issue before. Occasionally you have to wait a few seconds for the sounds to kick in, but you should still hear some inside sounds even if the mod wasn't working (such as the pneumatic brake lever, AC/DC Gen buzz, etc) Can you not hear anything at all? I'd check the install and try run a DCS repair. And I imagine the fix will come with the next OB patch whenever that is planned for. 

Hi Nin

Ohhh no. Sorry. Your work is excellent. I think it is not your mod at all! It should be a general problem.
I hear some buzz and "noise"-s but not the engine inside. Just after a few tries.

Strange. The dev team should fix this, not you, because you made a good work and thank you again for the efforts!!!

• Like 1