Dynamic Sound Overhaul Mod (New Sounds and SDEF's) 2022 **V3.0 NOW RELEASED**

Nin

9 hours ago, loscsaba86 said:

Hi Nin

Ohhh no. Sorry. Your work is excellent. I think it is not your mod at all! It should be a general problem.
I hear some buzz and "noise"-s but not the engine inside. Just after a few tries.

Strange. The dev team should fix this, not you, because you made a good work and thank you again for the efforts!!!

The sound issue is already solved, the fix should be included in the next patch.

• Thanks 1

VERSION 3.1 NOW RELEASED!

As mentioned earlier, V3.1 fixes the issues present in the initial V3.0 release, as well as a few other tweaks & improvements. Please see the changelog in the main post at the top of this thread for details. Install recommended. 

PLEASE DELETE OLD MOD FOLDER INSIDE TECH > SAVED GAMES IF YOU HAVE UPGRADED FROM V3.0 OR EARLIER.

As always, any feedback or suggestions are welcome 🙂

Edited by Nin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• Nin changed the title to Dynamic Sound Overhaul Mod (New Sounds and SDEF's) 2022 **V3.0 NOW RELEASED**
On 1/6/2022 at 4:24 PM, Nin said:

What version are you on? Stable, OB, Standalone, Steam? I haven't come across this before...

Also confirm you definitely installed the "tech" folder within Saved Games, not your root DCS directory. Only the "Mods" folder should go in your root DCS directory.

I reinstalled it and now it works. Thanks again!

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

I have the feeling, that the sound outside is now with the new beta not so deep and cool as it was earlier. If I press the F3 for example, and the aircraft passes I hear very long a very strange high engine "unprofessional" sound, which is silent but not realistic.

Question: do I have strange feelings or the mod need really an update late?

Hi!

First of all, thanks for the mod. The difference is so huge between this and the original stock sounds. At least one person would like to fix something in the module if the developer no longer does. Just a question.  Nin, can you improve the transition between the external afterburner and military power (or less) sounds? Because a little disturbing when you turn off the afterburner the noise is disappearing without transition, like a sudden cut. 

Thank you! 😉

• Like 1

Two tails, two engines!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 2/6/2022 at 3:56 PM, 59th_Reaper said:

Hi!

First of all, thanks for the mod. The difference is so huge between this and the original stock sounds. At least one person would like to fix something in the module if the developer no longer does. Just a question.  Nin, can you improve the transition between the external afterburner and military power (or less) sounds? Because a little disturbing when you turn off the afterburner the noise is disappearing without transition, like a sudden cut. 

Thank you! 😉

Hi, I did look into doing this but unfortunately it's not possible to add a sound that plays at the end of another sound, unfortunately you can only set an initial sound, then another two which it will loop through - even though the name in the documentation and in the config of "release" suggests it plays at the end of the sound.

On 1/31/2022 at 6:52 PM, loscsaba86 said:

Hello Community

Is there any MIG-21 gun sound mod?
I found this: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/132926-mig-21bis-updated-gsh-23-cannon-sound/ but the download link is broken.

Best regards,
Csaba

I will have a look, but I think the gun sound may be using the default core game sounds used by FC3 and AI aircraft - in which case changing one changes all aircraft.

On 1/31/2022 at 11:17 PM, loscsaba86 said:

I have the feeling, that the sound outside is now with the new beta not so deep and cool as it was earlier. If I press the F3 for example, and the aircraft passes I hear very long a very strange high engine "unprofessional" sound, which is silent but not realistic.

Question: do I have strange feelings or the mod need really an update late?

I will look into this, thank you for the feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Thanks for your work! Sadly, somehow I just can't get it to work. All sound are still the horrible immersion breaking default ones. I really think I placed the folders in the right directories. Does it might have something to do with the fact I didn't install DC on my c drive? Therefore the path C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta is different in my case. For the root folder in my case it is...G:/DCS World OpenBeta. Thanks in advance.

21 hours ago, wiwa23 said:

Hello, Thanks for your work! Sadly, somehow I just can't get it to work. All sound are still the horrible immersion breaking default ones. I really think I placed the folders in the right directories. Does it might have something to do with the fact I didn't install DC on my c drive? Therefore the path C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta is different in my case. For the root folder in my case it is...G:/DCS World OpenBeta. Thanks in advance.

No, main DCS folder can be located on whichever drive you want, so that's not an issue. Take a closer look at the instructions again and double check if you've extracted the modded files&folders to correct locations - "mods" folder has to be extracted to your root DCS directory (G drive), while "tech" folder needs to go to separately to C:\Users\(your user name)\Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\mods location.

Remember that modded files in root location will be replaced with stock ones after every game update, so you'll have to repeat extracting the modded files over there again.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

EDIT! PROBLEM SOLVED! (Man... so frustrating... I More than triple checked the instructions and the location of the folders but somehow it just doesn’t work. What else could it be?)

Hehe...stupid thing that caused this... my notepad window of the readme cut of a piece. Therefore I missed the part 'mods' in the "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta (Or just DCS World if on stable)\Mods" description. So I have put the tech folder in the wrong location... ok... a bit embaressed here ... But very glad I solved it because the mig 21 surely feels complete with this mod! This way it complements the overall excellent module! It really should be implemented as standard... the default sounds really don't do it justice...  Anyway thanks again!

readme ninmig21 sound.png

Edited by wiwa23

• 1 month later...

Just downloaded and installed the mod. 

WOW. What a difference!

Why this isn't the default sound pack for the module is beyond me. Its absolutely fantastic. Feels like a totally different plane. The in-cockpit engine sound makes a huge improvement in immersion, and the exterior sounds are even better! That afterburner pop and the engine crackle sounds are simply exquisite. 

The only thing missing is a proper GSh-23 sound. 😞 

Thank you so much for making this available! 

Edited by MickV
spelling
  • Like 2

… and I’ve managed to bugger it up. I had to reset my CMOS as part of a RAM upgrade, and got a code 500 authorization error message that disabled all of my modules on startup. Fixed that with a clock reset, but in the meanwhile it seems to have reverted this outstanding mod back to the default sounds. 

I follower uninstall README instructions and reinstalled the mod, to no avail. Now the switch sounds are completely gone, and the engine sounds are the default. 

Any suggestions short of a complete uninstall of DCS and A clean re-install? 

Thanks in advance! 

• ED Team
On 2/11/2022 at 5:43 PM, Nin said:

I will have a look, but I think the gun sound may be using the default core game sounds used by FC3 and AI aircraft - in which case changing one changes all aircraft.

You can easily change the weapon sound for your mod. Please check the Solution.zip

That's how you can do it. The folder "CoreMods" for the "External" sounds and sdef's. The folder "Mods" - for the "Internal".

Rename "YOUR_AIRCRAFT_NAME" folders to your aircraft name. Change "YOUR_AIRCRAFT_NAME" in the sdef's too.

Solution.zip

• Like 3

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 6:41 AM, btd said:

You can easily change the weapon sound for your mod. Please check the Solution.zip

That's how you can do it. The folder "CoreMods" for the "External" sounds and sdef's. The folder "Mods" - for the "Internal".

Rename "YOUR_AIRCRAFT_NAME" folders to your aircraft name. Change "YOUR_AIRCRAFT_NAME" in the sdef's too.

Solution.zip 17.01 kB · 5 downloads

Thank you, I'll take a look at this for the next version. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 2:25 AM, MickV said:

… and I’ve managed to bugger it up. I had to reset my CMOS as part of a RAM upgrade, and got a code 500 authorization error message that disabled all of my modules on startup. Fixed that with a clock reset, but in the meanwhile it seems to have reverted this outstanding mod back to the default sounds. 

I follower uninstall README instructions and reinstalled the mod, to no avail. Now the switch sounds are completely gone, and the engine sounds are the default. 

Any suggestions short of a complete uninstall of DCS and A clean re-install? 

Thanks in advance! 

Apologies about the slow reply - did you manage to sort this? I would suggest removing the MiG 21 sound mod folder from saved games entirely, as well as deleting the folder found at "\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Cockpit" in your DCS world root folder. Then run a DCS repair, and re-install the mod making sure the folders go in the correct place. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Am 12.5.2022 um 07:41 schrieb btd:

Solution.zip 17 kB · 8 Downloads

In the saved games folder or the installationfolder?

i tried both, but no changes for me.

Edited by Eisprinzessin

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

• 1 month later...

Hm, the most i can make out of it is that i have no sound at all in cockpit.

I install in the path like:

installation folder...   \Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\MIG-21bis\CannonEndIn.sdef"

installation folder...   \Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\MIG-21bis\CannonIn.sdef"

...\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\MIG-21bis\Cannon_In.wav"

...\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\MIG-21bis\Cannon_In_End.wav"

And so für the external stuff:

...\CoreMods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\MIG-21bis\Cannon.wav"

and so on

As said: no sound changes at all...i was not sure if it is MIG-21bis or MIG21-bis or only MIG21 so i tried with all three and got no positive result. 

I a new cannon sound in NINS Mod?

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

4 hours ago, Eisprinzessin said:

Hm, the most i can make out of it is that i have no sound at all in cockpit.

I install in the path like:

installation folder...   \Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\MIG-21bis\CannonEndIn.sdef"

installation folder...   \Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\MIG-21bis\CannonIn.sdef"

...\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\MIG-21bis\Cannon_In.wav"

...\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\MIG-21bis\Cannon_In_End.wav"

And so für the external stuff:

...\CoreMods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\MIG-21bis\Cannon.wav"

and so on

As said: no sound changes at all...i was not sure if it is MIG-21bis or MIG21-bis or only MIG21 so i tried with all three and got no positive result. 

I a new cannon sound in NINS Mod?

No new canon sound is included in the mod as of yet, when I have some spare time it's planned for the next version.

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

idk what im doing wrong, i have put tech in saved games folder but i dont get any new sound, its still the default vanilla mig21 sounds..

null

image.png

also the cockpit switches sound  is muted, cant hear any of them. 

--------

EDIT: i tried to find a work around by adding it to ovgme and using based game folder file path and i got the sound working(?) 

Digital Combat Simulator Black Shark 2022.12.04 - 19.24.25.01 (streamable.com) 

but the cockpit switches are still muted. 

also is this how v3.1 supposed to sound? i still have v2.0 and that thing sounds so much better imo

Edited by mehksauce

26 minutes ago, mehksauce said:

idk what im doing wrong, i have put tech in saved games folder but i dont get any new sound

tech folder should go inside "mods" folder, the path is /saved games/Mods/tech/

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB