[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE, PROVIDE TRACK FILE] Just cannot lock radar

Hi guys,

Before I ask my main question is the radar on the 16 still in beta as it seems awfully ‘inconsistent’

Scenario BRA:

2xF14 v 1x F16

Head on.

54 miles away

Closure speed of 750kts

Both 14s are in a 3 miles spread with radars on.

I’m in missile mode and I TMS up to lock first one and fire no probs.

Drop lock and move to second target TMS up. Nothing happens. Sometimes I can lock both up one after another and sometimes just the 1st or sometimes just the 2nd one.

Scenario played ten times today all with the same above but different results each time.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything in the F-16 is still in beta, let's start there. It's entirely possible there are bugs. But it may also be user error, so let's get some more info.

The F-16's radar displays both ownship tracks and datalink tracks. Tracks which can be locked are those your own radar sees, and those have a white brick visible. No white brick: it's datalink, and you cannot lock it. If it has no white brick, try changing the antenna elevation to hunt for it.

Are you unable to lock an ownship track using TMS up?

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

It's possible you're trying to lock DLink signatures and not your own radar's.

Hi guys thanks for the replies - I can confirm however that it happens with or without data link on.

I just find that with data link off I get the white square earlier than with data link???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you tried TMS right short as oppose to TMS up? AFAIK, TMS right should be the way to tell the FCR in TWS to select the targets.

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Are you using TWS or RWS? You need to unlock twice in TWS before you can add more targets.

I'd also echo mvsgas, use TMS right to lock them both at once in TWS.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

TMS right is great until you have 15 bandits in your scan volume and it'll randomly center itself on one. TMS up behavior is a bit weird, but generally manageable as long as you have some time to fiddle with it.

I also really dislike the fact that you can't move the antenna once you're bugged on something. I'm not sure if it's possible in the real jet, and what you can do in the Eagle is a bit extreme but it should be able to give you some leeway without risking to lose the tracks.

Hi Exorcet

What specifically did mean by "unlock twice"?

TMS down twice?

Thanks

Stang out

Are you using TWS or RWS? You need to unlock twice in TWS before you can add more targets.

I'd also echo mvsgas, use TMS right to lock them both at once in TWS.

Hi Exorcet

What specifically did mean by "unlock twice"?

TMS down twice?

Yes. You go down from system file, to track file, to untracked contacts. Then you can pick additional targets.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 3 months later...

I agree and I open other threads.. the F16 in RWS or TWS is losing the target for several times, you lock and it unlocks, you lock and it unlocks ... and sometimes the target never pop up again is just frustrating, ....just now I was locking a target in STT, it came locked until 15nm head on !! just before I shoot the 120C the radar lost all contacts ... nothing ... changed to DGFT but I was still more than 10nm to detect and kill the target.

This is occurring in a random way... pls see this Thread

And yes .. TWS up, right etc are being used.. bugged tracked swapping bugged targets while in TWS, ... and playing with Antenna elevation, using a narrower Azimut and even changing Bar scan .. if the target disappears never can be seen again except in DGFT mode!.

Frustrating

I tried to place a track file but always I have it too big, and playing in Multiplayer you need to wait for this issue to occur, also it happen then for other targets return to work! now is an issue with the F16 model or with MP and servers? really I don't know :(

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=276318

The Radar elevation is broken for TWS, I’m sure there are other issues linked to this that are causing random contacts fading and popping in.

RWS seems to have a better chance at locking up a target, but only marginally.