is there a way to ski the first two missions? I manage quite well to manage all systems and deal with all other situations, but refueling in flight I just can't do it. I have tried dozens of times without success. The problem is that it's at the beginning of the campaign and I can't go on. Is there some sort of autopilot for in-flight refueling?Sorry, but I can't play the campaign if I don't spend the first two missions.

Have you tried the practice missions? They can help you get your skills to a level where you could pass the campaign mission with enough practice.

If you still want to skip those missions you can manually set the campaign stage in your logbook file.

If you don't have it, download and install Notepad++. This editor allows for proper editing of lua files. Make a backup copy before you do any manual editing just in case.

This is an example for the BFT campaign but it's similar for any campaign.

To change the campaign stage look for a file called: <Drive>:\Users\<your userid>\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

You can change the stage here:

["games"] = 
           {
               [1] = <--- This is the campaign number in your set
               {
                   ["created"] = "01/03/16 21:50:09",
                   ["player"] = "Player Name",
                   ["campaign"] = ".\\Mods\\aircraft\\A-10C\\Missions\\en\\Campaigns/A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification.cmp", <--- This is the campaign name
                   ["status"] = "Active",
                   ["history"] = 
                   {
                       [1] = <--- This is the number of the first mission in the campaign and below is it's result
                       {
                           ["datetime"] = "01/03/16 21:52:16",
                           ["agKills"] = 0,
                           ["aaKills"] = 0,
                           ["stage"] = 1,
                           ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                           ["result"] = 100,
                           ["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT Arrival.miz", 
                       }, -- end of [1]
                       [2] = <--- Look for the highest number in the set - this will be the next mission to launch
                       {
                           ["stage"] = 13, <--- Change the stage to 1 more than the BFT mission number
                           ["mission"] = "A-10C - BFT12 Low Level Flight Plan.miz", <--- Change the name of the mission
                       }, -- end of [2]
                   }, -- end of ["history"]
               }, -- end of [1]
           }, -- end of ["games"]

Reply if you continue to have problems or you can email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com and we can help you out.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Excuse me, I don't understand how I must do…...this is my lua file, what i must change to skip to mission 3?

{

["created"] = "Tue Feb 11 08:40:38 2020",

["player"] = "XXXXXXXXXXX",

["campaign"] = "./Mods/campaigns/A-10C AAT/A-10C - Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification.cmp",

["status"] = "Active",

["history"] =

{

[1] =

{

["stage"] = 1,

["mission"] = "A-10C - AFT01 Air to Air Refueling Day.miz",

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["history"]

}, -- end of [12]

[11] =

{

Relax, you can do it. Just concentrate.

Srsly guys, .lua editing? Just keep practicing. Refueling in the A-10 is pretty hard, but if you beat it refueling any other plane will feel like a walk in the park.

When you passed the first campaign, you already are capable of formation flight. It's not a big step from there. The refueling mission is set at 180 KIAS, so with a clean loadout you don't have to worry about trim. If you are playing without trackir, slew your cockpit view up a little. Then it's just playing with the throttle. MASTER ARM should be off, otherwise PAC is gonna mess with you. There is no windlol.gif

Disabling wake turbulence can make thinks easier but may also lead to negative training.

That said, it's only three connections lasting 10 seconds each to win the checkride. There's a practice.miz file for each mission in your users\saved games\ED\DCS folder. The one for this mission puts you about a mile behind the tanker so you can start refueling instantly.

It takes some time and patience, my first attempts were TERRIBLE, but as soon as you figure it out it's pretty fun, kinda relaxing. But you should move to a practice mission with 220 KIAS as soon as you passed the checkrides.

Let us know what's going wrong, maybe we can help you out. But I'd recommend to fix this in the cockpit instead of some .lua file.

Keep it up,

Bonzo pilotfly.gif

ok, I'm trying the practice mission. The tank goes to 180 kt. I am approaching about 182, but, inevitably and always, the tanker tube "passes" me, or in any case seems to be slipping left or right. But shouldn't it be magnetic so it automatically goes into the last few centimeters? Maybe I omit doing something and the "trigger" for which the tube is inserted does not trigger.