a10 Caution Panel

SteenosMT

I have bought a a10 caution panel from PC Flights and should be here later this week. I bought LED's and Joe Sim on youtube said to connect it all with a 10k ohm resistor. I also have a few max7219 to run it off of.

Does anyone have a detailed example of how to wire it all up? I'll be using an arduino mega to start and then transition it over to an arduino nano. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Craig, You are a legend. I've watched many of your videos on youtube. Your cockpit is stellar. Thanks I'll check this video out in more detail!
Thanks for the positive comments, appreciated. Good luck with your simpit

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

reading the description on their site it says one led and two ground prong per led, so you can make a common ground chain.

I saw that too. But then theres another guy on youtube that wired the panel, and he says you can just use the one 5v pin and disregard the middle pin. Seems like that makes wiring much easier.

They offer at least 3 types of PCBs. Here`s the close up of the PCB from pcflight`s website.

It looks to me, as if the copper filling is +5V and the traces are GND (middle connector).

You have to be aware of the 5V supply and the parallel connected LEDs when defining RSet for a MAX7219.

indicator_pcb-3.5v.jpg

Edited by Vinc_Vega

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They offer at least 3 types of PCBs. Here`s the close up of the PCB from pcflight`s website.

It looks to me, as if the copper filling is +5V and the traces are GND (middle connector).

You have to be aware of the 5V supply and the parallel connected LEDs when defining RSet for a MAX7219.

indicator_pcb-3.5v.jpg

Vinc. I have the 3 prong pcb. I talked to a guy on YouTube that has built the same panel. They have the 5v pin marked which is nice. He said I can disregard the middle pin and just use the two outer pins for my matrix.