[RESOLVED] SLOW FPS on RIO seat after 2.5.6 update

Renko

Like the title said.

I have 60FPS stable (its my native MHz monitor refresh rate) on the pilot seat.

When i switch to RIO i got 45FPS

I tried to do repair, restart, no mods, with mods, different maps, etc etc

Same result

Yesterday it was fine

Anyone with same issue?

Edited by IronMike

+1 (plus one other that has finished the 2.5.6 update)

Pretty much unusable in VR. In the process of verifying it's none of the above, but my gut says this is definitely an issue.

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

Is this when you turn on white flood lights, lights in general or no lights? In general nothing chaned for the RIO pit except the white flood light being added.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Is this when you turn on white flood lights, lights in general or no lights? In general nothing chaned for the RIO pit except the white flood light being added.

No, its just by changing seats.

I tried the white flood and i dont recall a performance hit. Lower than those 45FPS

A direct comparison to 2.5.5 would be appreciated if you still have it installed.

Sorry, i only have the new build.

And i would go back, but with the speed that provides ED and this heavy weight update (11,3Gb compressed, and 34Gb uncompressed) it would take 4hours minimum

But i can assure you it was fine. Yesterday night i flew with my VSquad in the RIO seat and i didnt got those FPS.

Can confirm that RIO PIT frame rates are reduced by 50% at all times even while flying in the day.

In SP mode - I would get ~60+FPS on the ground airfield or carrier, and ~120 fps in flight.

I flew a good bit yesterday and this morning prior to the update.

Since update, FPS are instantly halved in the RIO pit even during the day with zero cockpit lighting.

Ugh. Essentially unflyable for me now.

The first 1/3rd of the graph is me being in the front seat. The moment I switch to RIO seat, CPU usage skyrockets. There are also constant spikes in GPU usage, but that was also before the patch.

Pausing the game brings everything back to norm.

wa2dlfR.jpg

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Having a bad experience in both A-10C and FA-18 aswell after update. Even though reprojection is turned on (forced in WMR config file), FPSvr says its off (as pictured above post) as soon as i launch DCS.

Asus z170 motherboard; Intel i5-6600K OCd to 4,5GHz; Corsair 32GB DDR4 3000MHz; ASUS Cerberus 1070 Ti; Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD; Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp w/ Bifrost multibit DAC and Sennheiser 650 headphones; HP Reverb; Saitek x65-F; TrackIR5

Even though reprojection is turned on (forced in WMR config file)

Double check your WMR config file, mine was restored to default recently and I had to make the changes again. Reprojection was definitely on when making this screenshot, probably fpsVR does not detect that.

Anyway, this is a different issue.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I have this issue as well. No changes were made to any VR settings, or graphics card settings. Pilot seat locked in at 45, RIO seat down to ~23-26. On the plus side, the TID looks amazing, provided I don't move my head. Glad you guys are on it!

JOINT TASK FORCE-ONE

XO, VF-2 "Bounty Hunters"

New I shouldn't have updated.

This is undoubtedly a severe bug.

That said, we've changed nothing that should affect this, so we will have to investigate. Apologies!

Yep, this and too many other bugs in 2.5.6 render the update unplayable for me. I knew I shouldn't have updated. No fault to HB......we all know who is at fault. Has happened too many times before.

Rolling back to 2.5.5.....

See you on deck in another ~4hrs or so.

Same here. Ironically 14 fps as a RIO, multiplayer. Used to have 40+ fps. (VR)

Also fired up the f16. My fps went half of what I used to get, so I don't think this is a HB problem. I even lowered my settings and it's still performing pretty bad.

Thanks for the reports guys. You would help us a lot if you could post your system specs and the framerates you got before and after please. Thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

i7-8700K @ 5ghz,gtx1080ti at 442.19 drivers,16gb 3200mhz ram, nvmE drive, rift S. SSLR off, deleted metashaders and fxo folders.

On my own server uesd to get 40+fps both RIO and PILOT.

Now 14fps avg. Im gonna roll back to the previous beta and will post here different fps both VR and 2D. But this is not only F14, got horribe fps in the f16 also. And doesn't matter if I lower the settings, still pretty bad fps.