[REPORTED] OB 2.5.6.43505 trigger action no longer working

Hippo

Introduced in OB 2.5.6.43505

I have been using the COCKPIT PERFORM CLICKABLE ACTION trigger action to change the positions of cockpit switches, etc. in missions. These now appear to have stopped working (for many switches, but not all) in the new OB.

e.g. X: COCKPIT PERFORM CLICKABLE ACTION (23, 3003, 0) would turn the master arm switch off. Now it appears to do nothing.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

RE: [uNABLE TO REPRODUCE]

To reproduce:

Create mission with F18 in the air, set up a trigger

4 MISSION START - X COCKPIT PERFORM CLICKABLE ACTION (23, 3003, 0)

This should cause the F18 to start with the master arm switch in the off position, but it starts with its default position of on.

I have spent many hours creating many missions getting the F18 just so using this trigger action. They all now don't work. I realise this a beta - still this is extremely frustrating.

Please look into this, and please don't let it go over into stable without fixing it.

It's a curious issue - some switches work, some don't.

Another one that has stopped working: (35, 3004, 1) which should activate the HDG switch. Now it doesn't work.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

The solution at present is relatively simple. The TRIGGER 4 MISSION START is the culprit. If you change the TRIGGER TYPE: to 1 ONCE your clickable action will be performed.

Just for reference,there is no requirement for a condition. It is therefore IMHO a bug related to the mission start functionality. Perhaps it only effects a few of us unfortunate mission builders....who knows.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The solution at present is relatively simple. The TRIGGER 4 MISSION START is the culprit. If you change the TRIGGER TYPE: to 1 ONCE your clickable action will be performed.

A BIG thank you Suntsag. That does indeed resolve the issue, and thankfully it's a quick fix.

However, something has definitely changed. Maybe it's a feature, not a bug.

Apologies, I immediately assumed that the issue was with the COCKPIT PERFORM CLICKABLE ACTION trigger action , and as described above, it seems that the issue is with the 4 MISSION START trigger, so this could potentially be affecting any actions under that (althought I haven't checked). All the actions now work correctly as long as I run them under a 1 ONCE trigger.

Maybe this post should be moved to the general MISSION EDITOR bugs, with post title:

"Trigger actions under 4 MISSION START trigger do not run"

?

Thanks again to Sunstag for clearing that up.

Does this mean that any trigger action from a mission start type trigger won't work? As in trigger.action.outText would also be affected? Just trying to figure out why certain things are not behaving properly.

Very possibly, although I haven't checked. My mission building knowledge is tiny and insignificant. Hopefully those who know what they're doing will chime in.

Here is a video update following further investigation of the MISSION START problem:

Thanks again. Aside from this new bug, was there ever any practical difference between MISSION START vs ONCE? I've only started using the ME recently, and I created a number of missions with the F-18 where cockpit switches are set up. For no particular reason, I set these up with the first immediate actions under MISSION START, and the rest, which require delays, under ONCE, TIME OVER (x). TBH, it all looks tidier using ONCE for everything, and begs the question, what is the point of MISSION START?

• ED Team

Hi all

I have reproduced and reported to the team

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Um, I'm not sure this is a bug, at least logically speaking. Mission Start as the trigger type executes just before the mission actually starts, or at least at the same time and is processed before a mission would be accessible to a player to join. For example, on a server starting paused, those triggers would have executed.

Therefore a trigger CONDITIONAL at Mission start has a lot of logical inconsistencies. For example...all the TIME based ones that wait cannot work. It's either at mission start or its after. The ONCE trigger hits from the first point the mission actually loads and runs and can accept things happening as a time conditional.

I've never used MISSION START for anything but loading functions, tables, non interactive code and higher level things like mist, moose etc. Trying to access units, send messages to players and such just shoudlnt be in these types of triggers.... IMO.

At least that is my understanding and there's nothing lost by using ONCE or CONTINUOUS with exactly the same trigger.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

While I agree with Pikey in regards to Conditional items at Mission Start, trigger.action.outText definitely worked from a Mission Start trigger in 2.5.5 and is not a conditional item in the test I provided. It needs to be checked for other items that may have been unintentionally affected by the update.

From the DCS manual:

4. MISSION START. The trigger will only be checked at mission start. For

example, if you wanted to set multiple units to a random activation, you would

use this option to evaluate this condition and determine which units are included

in the mission according to the set percentage.

Trigger Behavior:

Condition: Evaluated Once, at mission startup.

Action: Performed Once, at mission startup.

Example:

You want to activate a random group at startup of the mission.

• Add a "MISSION START" Trigger.
  • Add a "RANDOM" condition, set it to 10%
  • Add a "Activate group" action, select the group you want to give 10%
  • chance.

NAME field. Manually enter the name of the trigger in this field.

Hopefully, that clears things up?

Mission Start as the trigger type executes just before the mission actually starts

In my very simple single player missions it triggered as soon as I entered the mission (or at least it did in 2.5.5), after clicking on "FLY". This behaviour has changed in 2.5.6, and will surely break numerous missions already out there?

Edited by Hippo

From the DCS manual:

In my very simple single player missions it triggered as soon as I entered the mission (or at least it did in 2.5.5), after clicking on "FLY". This behaviour has changed in 2.5.6, and will surely break numerous missions already out there?

Yeah, all of my SP missions are a Mission Start > Set Flag 1 and everything is based off of that. A work around seems to be to change it to Time more than 1 > Set Flag 1, which does seem to work, although I'll have to change all my subsequent triggers to account for the +1 second.

Yeah, all of my SP missions are a Mission Start > Set Flag 1 and everything is based off of that. A work around seems to be to change it to Time more than 1 > Set Flag 1, which does seem to work, although I'll have to change all my subsequent triggers to account for the +1 second.

This has supposedly been fixed with yesterday's release. I haven't tried it, as I just changed all my MISSION START triggers to ONCE instead (with no condition), and think it's tidier like that.

I'm having problem with 1 ONCE triggers.

I had set 4 Tankers, first one is flying at 25.000FT. Once the first unit_altitude_lower than 15.000FT, it should active the second Tanker to be in station at 25.000FT too.

Once I start the mission, all triggers active and all 4 tankers fly together. Is that a continue bug from last two updates?

• 1 month later...