[FALSE POSITIVE]DCS World 2.6 trojan? worldgeneral.dll

NaOH1

Any word from ED on "WorldGeneral.dll" quirks ?

I've been int a miriad of threads reporting AV alerts due to some "strangeware" included in the update.

Was renitent to install it, but just did it, and got any alerts from my default Win 10 AV. Anyway, I'm worried about the reports and I think someone from ED should really explain what is happening here ?

Why is this supposedly "false-positive" being reported by so many users with different AV programs ?

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Most likely a false positive the team are aware and investigating

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

likely a false positive, the team is aware

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi all

the team are aware, it is most likely a false positive.

Thanks

Bad day with Kaspersky :)

Upload it to virustotal.com if you are unsure if to unblock it or better not.

I have my DCS folder added to exceptions and dont scan it at all.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Bad day with Kaspersky :)

Upload it to virustotal.com if you are unsure if to unblock it or better not.

I have my DCS folder added to exceptions and dont scan it at all.

What a f...g and stupid explanation that I have to exclude something. It is the task of the manufacturer to fix it immediately since it is a problem for many users. I don't have to know about excluding files, it has to be done well without excluding anything.

And for me its not bad day with Kaspersky but bad update from Eagle Dynamic.

Edited by JacD

What a f...g and stupid explanation that I have to exclude something. It is the task of the manufacturer to fix it immediately since it is a problem for many users. I don't have to know about excluding files, it has to be done well without excluding anything.

And for me its not bad day with Kaspersky but bad update from Eagle Dynamic.

:megalol: Jesus my sides.

Gone for good.

got the same error too with Kasparsky. try to exclude the whole folder but it keeps quarantining the worldgeneral.dll again and again. only way I found around it is by "pausing protection" all together.

anyone got a clue here?

SB11

BTW - didn't find a DCS.exe in the bin folder. just a DCS_updater.exe.

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

got the same error too with Kasparsky. try to exclude the whole folder but it keeps quarantining the worldgeneral.dll again and again. only way I found around it is by "pausing protection" all together.

anyone got a clue here?

SB11

For me it worked by ignoring the files.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

anyone got a clue here?

SB11

Unfortunately in french

Capture-2.JPG

Regards

World.dll file corrupted error

hi

i updated DCS today (15th Feb) which went fine. When i start the game i get 2 error messages:

"World.dll... File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it's infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won't work anymore."

this is followed by another error message:

"DCS.exe - Application Error ... The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). "

I tried the repair option and it says:

"DCS updater 2.9.13.13 ... Succesfully repaired version 2.5.43503@openbeta"

Then i start again and the a/m errors show up again.

any ideas?

thx

• ED Team

Hi

it is likely a false positive from your antivirus.

Excluding DCS and ruining a cleanup and repair will help.

Thanks

.. unfortunately not... :-(

Same here, the WorldGeneral.dll file keeps getting removed eventhough I have excluded it in my virus program.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

How i fixed this annoying as hell issue

Pause kaspersky

Repair game

Go to the dcs folder and find that damn dll

Right click and scan it with Kaspersky

When it finishes it will open a window and the option selection will be highlighted - click i

Then click trust

Ps: ED fix these stupid issues ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How i fixed this annoying as hell issue

Pause kaspersky

Repair game

Go to the dcs folder and find that damn dll

Right click and scan it with Kaspersky

When it finishes it will open a window and the option selection will be highlighted - click i

Then click trust

Ps: ED fix these stupid issues ffs

Pro advice: learn how antivirus programs work, what false positives are, then stop blaming people who did nothing wrong.

Live's so easy and entertaining when you're educated. Love it!

Gone for good.

Pro advice: learn how antivirus programs work, what false positives are, then stop blaming people who did nothing wrong.

Live's so easy and entertaining when you're educated. Love it!

And your reply is to attack me personally and imply i am stupid because i am not an IT guru like you (I assume?).

Never before i had false positives with any game nor DCS but only with this patch. The game wouldn’t even load. So this patch had a big change on something with exes and dlls that makes av go crazy - along with all the other bugs and major performance issues vr and 2d.

So yeah i blame the game developer