[FALSE POSITIVE]DCS World 2.6 trojan? worldgeneral.dll

NaOH1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put the dcs.exe on the whitelist of my AV with the last update before 2.5.6 and now DCS doesen´t even launch with the dcs.exe on the whitelist, getting the message "tried access to a infected file". I hate to say it, but the last update made more things worse than better. FPS drops down to 4-5 FPS while having constantly 50-60fps before (with the same settings), uncounted functions bugged, but this is the absolute top.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

You don't need to be an expert at IT. Just learn about the anti virus software YOU installed on YOUR pc. That ALLOWS you to stop it scanning folders.

This is very beta software that updates all the time.

I have add DCS to the whitelist of the software so it doesn't get scanned.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened more with all these updates coming all the time.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

About 30 of them , all over the 2.5 forum . ED says it is a false positive , and to add DCS exe to your AV whitelist .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Open Beta Update failure - AV off

Can't complete update. Initially tried via DCS updater utility. Bullguard AV blocked. Then from DCS openbeta launch with AV off. I16FM.dll will not download. Autoupdate log attached

autoupdate_log 23032020.txt

i7 8770 4 16MB RAM Geforce GTX 1070 8GB, Win 10 64, TH Warthog Hotas, Saitek Pedals, TIR5, Woodburning Stove, Dog, Zamberlan boots, P&H Kayak, Getaway Car[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is a false positive and will be sorted soon

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I've also logged on to the DCS forums and Bit defender is telling me that the forums are a suspicious site.... many times as I wanted to be sure.

Opened a F-16 manual pdf and also got a suspicious bitdefender warning...

Has DCS been compromised? All this was before the last patch..

My Bitdefender has never done that for the forums so it sounds like yours is being overzealous

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

It's never a good idea to ship a software that would trigger an AV software, even if it's false positive. Doesn't paint a nice picture overall. Something for ED to think about.

+1, If it does happen perhaps someone from the coding team should drop a "line" as soon as they realize what's going on explaining (very briefly) what file behavior might have caused it. If it's just an unsigned file (hell if I know what that means:D) just say it. At least it comes from horses mouth. On top of that this "bit torrent" crap adds up to wild theories.

The problem is that all the time these alerts began to appear, ED is silent and does not clearly explain what's going on.

Silent? They already edited the thread title; what else is needed?

bCDt9Ma.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com