[FALSE POSITIVE]DCS World 2.6 trojan? worldgeneral.dll

NaOH1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

it is likely a false positive from your antivirus.

Excluding DCS and ruining a cleanup and repair will help.

Thanks

I wish it was that easy!

Its likely your incompetence that made this happen. You should be very happy that their is no competition between modern jet fighter sims.

Edited by Skyracer

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

I have done cleanup, repair, excluding dcs from AV but no success.

ED fix your shit!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

WORLDGENERAL.DLL

Hi guys,

I try to install the ''FA-18C_Battle_Group_Delta_v20191230'' campaign using the guidelines from the first post. Unfortunately i realize a little late that the campaign is taking place on Gulf map which i dont have.

The problem is when i try to undo all that i have done and launch the beta application i had an ''worldgeneral.dll'' file is missing error report.

I delete it from the c drive and and try to reinstall it but i m getting the same error report. (I attache the report).

Any ideas how i can fix that?

autoupdate_log.zip

Same problem with G DATA AntiVirus. "Worldgeneral.dll" is falsely detected as a virus. Just excluded it form the scanlist. Problem solved.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

My McAfee detected something different it was noted as JIT/Suspect.196612!8d59ae9868aa and found in G:Eagle Dynamics\DCS WOrld OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe. Why is DCS piggybacking a virus with a game update, what the heck is THAT? Needless to say after this incident I've become wary of buying anything else from this company . . . .

Edited by Buzzf18e

I switch off my anti virus run repair and now i get ''the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000043).

WTF??????

Same but i have 0xc0000022.

Version 2.5.6 seems to produce a false virus warning on the file "Worldgeneral.dll". Just exclude it form the scanlist and run a repair of DCS World.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263368

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Virus in latest version

Hello.

I just recently updated to the latest version of Beta. Is it possible that a virus is transferred through the servers. My virus protection keeps quarantine the DCS.exe file with the following virus code: Suspect!8dS9ae9868aa

If I unquarantine it, the virus software just keeps blocking it. Also have tried to update/clean through the DCS Utility Tool.

Advise needed please

2020 Rig

Chasse: bequiet! Darkbase 700

MBoard: Asus b550-F Gaming

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900XT

DIMM: HyperZ 3200 64 GB (16x4)

GPU: Asus Strix 2070 - 8GB

Storage: 2x Samsung EVO 1TB m.2 (1 dedicated for DCS)

And your reply is to attack me personally and imply i am stupid because i am not an IT guru like you (I assume?).

Never before i had false positives with any game nor DCS but only with this patch. The game wouldn’t even load. So this patch had a big change on something with exes and dlls that makes av go crazy - along with all the other bugs and major performance issues vr and 2d.

So yeah i blame the game developer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said !

I am simply a customer and I want to play a game, not to study IT or whatever it`s called.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Thanks for the link. For those of you having the same problem in McAfee, Restore the quarantine DCS.exe, then add the DCS.exe file under the bin folder to your excluded files under the PC Security, real-time scanning. Hopefully, DCS and McAfee will work on this issue in the future.

2020 Rig

Chasse: bequiet! Darkbase 700

MBoard: Asus b550-F Gaming

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900XT

DIMM: HyperZ 3200 64 GB (16x4)

GPU: Asus Strix 2070 - 8GB

Storage: 2x Samsung EVO 1TB m.2 (1 dedicated for DCS)

I can confirm that Kaspersky Total Security no longer deletes WorldGeneral.dll after removing the exclusion and re-running a file AV scan of the bin folder.

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

I can confirm that Kaspersky Total Security no longer deletes WorldGeneral.dll after removing the exclusion and re-running a file AV scan of the bin folder.

I can confirm this to.