Multicrew in 2.5.6

NineLine

• ED Team

So it seems you guys have a sneak peek at Multi-crew. It really wasn't meant to be released quite yet, and is still pretty rough, that said, please feel free to check it out and report bugs as you see them, but probably best to not use it on a large scale if you want your servers to run smooth, there are some blocking issues with it currently.

New fixes and features are coming, so don't worry that this is what you are getting.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

it seems pilot1 can not see, pilot2's launchs.

we made a try and i cannot see my friend's rockets, and he could see mine. ammuniton went negative countities -14 rockets.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

from co pliot sight, helicopter is not running but it is flying

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

that is so intertesting almost nothing is working, why has this been published in that state, can not understand

Youtube

• ED Team
that is so intertesting almost nothing is working, why has this been published in that state, can not understand

As I said in the OP, it wasn't meant to be. That is why I posted if you want to play with it, you can, but it's pretty rough right now.

We have many of the issues reported internally already.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

From the opening post:

"It really wasn't meant to be released quite yet, and is still pretty rough, that said, please feel free to check it out and report bugs as you see them"

So, it was released by mistake, and also it is open beta. Enjoy.

Remember guys this was an accident so no stomping on the effort enjoy this. I flew tonight with a guy in 2 d and me in VR he was able to fly from co-pilots seat. Was neat and earlier with a guy who is not that good in the Huey. My estate Lawyer will be suing his estate :) What I did notice is when ask 2 D guys for controls he acceptance window but when he asks there is no window in VR

Edited by RePhil
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

read top message

it was not meant to be released was a SLIP UP so don't use or not don't complain constructive info about bugs no bad mouthing it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Actually, petty happy with this feature released. It is already pretty workable. For instruction it is a game changer to sit next to your trainee and see what s he is doing on the controls. The shnc of the head is also great. You can even communicate by nodding. Fun.

The coontrols transfert are certainly a bit funky and there is a bug on the airport that prefent you from landing with a passenger, but just land away from airports and you won t need your passenger to jump out to land.

Ok, I appreciate that it wasn’t meant to be released, and I fully appreciate that there are quite a few bugs, BUT please Ed Please let us test and bug find for you guys now it’s out.

Don’t take it away with the next patch, but allow us to help you improve and refine it. We have been waiting so long for this, I am happy to use it REGARDLESS of issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• ED Team
Actually, petty happy with this feature released. It is already pretty workable. For instruction it is a game changer to sit next to your trainee and see what s he is doing on the controls. The shnc of the head is also great. You can even communicate by nodding. Fun.

The coontrols transfert are certainly a bit funky and there is a bug on the airport that prefent you from landing with a passenger, but just land away from airports and you won t need your passenger to jump out to land.

Some key things, don't jump out if you own the controls... the Huey will become locked in mid-air and not moveable.

Also in the ME there are options to decide how controls are handled for each helo placed.

Ok, I appreciate that it wasn’t meant to be released, and I fully appreciate that there are quite a few bugs, BUT please Ed Please let us test and bug find for you guys now it’s out.

Don’t take it away with the next patch, but allow us to help you improve and refine it. We have been waiting so long for this, I am happy to use it REGARDLESS of issues.

I don't see any reason to take it away.

64Sig.png

I don't see any reason to take it away.

Is there any way you could poke the powers that be to let us see the list of bugs with the Multicrew so we don't double report?

For instance, we had an issue on a server (probably not setup correctly for it) where my copilot was able to fire the miniguns and I could not see him firing the miniguns using the flexible mount. We swapped places and he couldn't see me firing the flexible mount miniguns and they weren't tracking my head movements.

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

With them pulling .6 back to .5 I don’t think they ment for this to be seen to many bugs in the .6 release from what I’ve read

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

As our test, some of bug are found.

1. When execute handover, airframe heading jump to any value which is last heading of individual pilot at execute handover.

It looks sharing of heading between pilot and copilot is not working properly.

2. Knob like ADF TUNE looks sticky for copilot.

From main pilot, it is smooth.

3.It is not multicrew problem (?). Can not rearmament.

Hosted a server and flew with a buddy for 3 hours:

Overall great experience, super fun and surprisingly well working for something which was not supposed to be out !

Here are some issues we encountered:

-speedometer is not synced (only pilot in control sees correct)

-variometer is not synced (only pilot in control sees correct)

-co-pilot firing not synced (as in if the co-pilot tries to shoot the miniguns, he can see it, but the pilot doesn't and he is not actually shooting)

-somekind of warp happening when control is switched between pilots

-if landing on an airport with co-pilot in the helicopter, helicopter crashes

-sometimes rpm desyncs, but they it syncs back up

-sometimes on co-pilot joining switches start flipping all over and desyncs, but if you re enter it fixes its self

-if you join the co-pilot slot before the pilot (as in you claim the helicopter) and it is a hot start, co-pilot doesn't have a started helicopter, but if you go to spectators and join back up it is fixed

-landing and search light can desync

-flares get stuck on depress (5 salvos, instead of just one)

-co-pilot can "engage" the autopilot while not in control and it will cause a low rpm warning desync while enabled, goes back to normal when disabled

-co-pilot can't setup door gunners and open doors

-when I was starting the engine with the "home" button it would hang and lag my game (I was the server host), but everything was fine for the co-pilot, so he will tell me when to let go and it will go back to running normally

-when the co-pilot is aiming the miniguns and the pilot is shooting it was lagging my game on bullet impact, was fine on co-pilot side and sometimes units would get on fire for a split moment and get back to alive

-if you the helicopter dies and you try to use the same slot every switch desyncs and starts flipping on its own

-if the co-pilot joins after startup it will flip on the radio altimeter and desync the compass

-also had a situation where while the pilot was doing a startup I went into external view for a moment, the sound was choppy and engine start up desynced

but in general it was running surprisingly well, no desyncs switches wise when flying, no weird flight model stuff, except the warp when switching controls

also there are other huey bugs not related to MC, the lights are even more horrible now in the cockpit

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Absolutely amazing.

Encountered the sudden heading change on change of control. I can manipulate switches while the other flies. As PM I can start the engine, but have no control over the throttle (good).

With careful handling we were able to successfully change controls in flight with no crash/damage. We were in Virtual Aerobatics so I couldn't test the weapons. Didn't try the flex sight as I was afraid of a crash.

I don't like the dialog boxes to prompt aircraft control. I understand now there's a way to disable them via the ME, but when used at least it would be nice to use the same "Request Aircraft Control" binding to accept the request (and perhaps intercept Escape to deny?). It would also be great to see both players control positions on the control indicator.. that way I could position my stick to the same location as theirs when I request control.

Ideally I would like the entire dialog to be replaced with either audio "My Controls, Your Controls" (ideally.. Russian would be epic for the L39/Mi8!!!). Or else a line of text to display the prompt. I like using the style of the communication menu to present the prompt? I guess it is a form of communication.

I just am not a fan of the large dialog box.

Edited by randomTOTEN

installing UH1H on two computers so i can test.

so far i am EXCITED TO SEE AXIS COMMANDS FOR THE DOOR GUNNER

I DONT KNOW WHO MADE THAT HAPPEN,

BUT THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

i am currently building a motion platform, i hope to build a physical doorgun, made possible by certain functionality which required axis assignments for the DoorGun

THANK YOU WAGS, i will update to see what my findings will be...

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Ok. i did a few tests.

(i understand all multiplayer features are work in progress, i just like to put my 2 cents to help grow this functionality :) :) :) )

MULTIPLAYER

i had both my computers log into a multiplayer server, and i see 2 slots (pilot & pilot1) for each UH1H huey..

i like that the copilot selecting to join will initiate a request to the pilot.

unfortunately i could not occupy the doorgunner positions (pressing 4 and 5) did not work for either the first client (pilot) nor for the second client (pilot1)

Am i doing something wrong?

SINGLEPLAYER

after finding out that i am occupy the doorgunner positions in singleplayer via (instant action), i proceeded to plug in a joystick to see if i can assign the axis commands of "Gun LEFT/RIGHT" and "Gun UP/DOWN" for the UH1H Gunner.

Sad to find out that i am unable to map any joystick commands for these axis commands.. :'( :'(

i installed notepad++ to try to manually enter the "Gun LEFT/RIGHT" and "Gun UP/DOWN" into the lua file thats in the C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input

but there was no effect. :( :( :(

I also try to re-assign the MOUSE commands so that the mouse X-axis will control Gun LEFT/RIGHT" and "Gun UP/DOWN" instead of camera horizontal / vertical vew... but Also NO success to control the doorgun independently of the player view.... :( :( :(

my last test was to see if i still had 'Gun Face' using the Oculus Rift S, virtual reality head set. unfortunately, 'Gun Face' still exists, seemingly no way to decouple the player view from the door gun. :( :( :(

HOWEVER, I still have hope.

jeezbus, DCS Huey looks soooooooo explicatively amazing in VR. unlike the Gaz, the Huey looks really good from the doorgunner seat, there was not clipping poly's i can see the fuselage clean.... I BEG the multiplayer Devs to decouple the gun so that there is proper VR support... please allow joysticks to map to the Gun LEFT/RIGHT" and "Gun UP/DOWN" axis assignments.. so that pitbuilders like me can make a mock DIY doorgun with potentiometers on the pintle base so that a physical doorgun can function i DCS....all working in multiplayer with multiple client slots (i.e pilot, pilot1, gunner1, gunner2)

I CAN ONLY DREAM of this FUNCTIOALITY FOR NOW... SEEING WHAT I HAVE SEEN IN DCS 2.5.6n THIS is such a TEASEEEEEEEE!

(sorry for all caps.. i am excited, and hope someone out there listens...)

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179