Multicrew in 2.5.6

NineLine

I believe they said initial multi crew would not support other roles like doorgunner, but if possible will come eventually

i can only hope it will happen.

it is relaxing to shoot the minigun. i can just spend all day unloading rounds.

even better to be flown around and shoot targets, not having to depend on Ai to shoot for you...

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

In light of the very early release version of the Huey multicrew feature I would like to make a suggestion which I didn’t want to post in the Sticky Wish List because I was worried it might got snowed under by the many wishes there;

It is concerning the ability to hand over the flight controls to the other pilot.

Many of us are using joysticks without centering springs but the same applies to normal sticks also.

Since helicopter controls are seldom centered in flight, pilot 2 needs a visual indication of the position of the flight controls of pilot 1 before the controls are handed over by pilot 1.

The flight controls are of course visible in the Flight Controls Indicator. It would be great if pilot 2 could mimic the flight controls positions of pilot 1 using the same Flight Controls Indicator, making the hand over way more smoother.

This already is implemented in a way in the Flight Controls Indicator of the Gazelle. Turning on the auto hover mode in the Gazelle gives you an indication in white of the current controls position of the auto pilot. Before you turn off the Hover Mode you are able to mimic the current autopilot controls position with your own joystick. This makes the transition of taking over control again very smooth.

I think the requested feature would be very welcome in all multicrew helicopters and maybe also in the multicrew fixed wings.

Thank you,

Razorback

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

right now, when you switch control, the stick gets trimmed to the position the control was switched in....

I think that's a brilliant implementation, the play you see is due to warping, not cyclic not being synced

The collective is another thing tho, that is not trimable

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

;4217343']In light of the very early release version of the Huey multicrew feature I would like to make a suggestion which I didn’t want to post in the Sticky Wish List because I was worried it might got snowed under by the many wishes there;

It is concerning the ability to hand over the flight controls to the other pilot.

Many of us are using joysticks without centering springs but the same applies to normal sticks also.

Since helicopter controls are seldom centered in flight, pilot 2 needs a visual indication of the position of the flight controls of pilot 1 before the controls are handed over by pilot 1.

The flight controls are of course visible in the Flight Controls Indicator. It would be great if pilot 2 could mimic the flight controls positions of pilot 1 using the same Flight Controls Indicator, making the hand over way more smoother.

This already is implemented in a way in the Flight Controls Indicator of the Gazelle. Turning on the auto hover mode in the Gazelle gives you an indication in white of the current controls position of the auto pilot. Before you turn off the Hover Mode you are able to mimic the current autopilot controls position with your own joystick. This makes the transition of taking over control again very smooth.

I think the requested feature would be very welcome in all multicrew helicopters and maybe also in the multicrew fixed wings.

Thank you,

Razorback

There's another advantage to doing it the way you say. When one more experienced player (instructor) is using multicrew to help a new player (student) get the hang of things, then with the instructor flying a particular manoeuvre (approach to hover, for example), the student can have his hands on the controls and follow along, keeping his controls aligned with the instructor. This would allow him to start building the muscle memory and learning the inputs the instructor uses to properly control the aircraft.

It's how helicopter instruction is done in real life, the student puts his hands lightly on the controls and follows the instructor through to get a feel for how to manipulate the controls in a given regime of flight.

It would also allow the reverse, when a student is performing the manoeuvre, the instructor can follow along and give prompts as to what inputs the student should be making.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

You can still follow along with the axis window indicator open and pretty seminglessly, for the most part, be able to transfer the control mid maneuver if you wanted to

the only other way I would see it being better, if you both had force feedback sticks

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Ahhhh bugger, missed the chance to try the most wanted feature for years.

On bright side, it doesn’t get a better confirmation that they truly are working on it, and not just saying what we want to hear.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe its just me and my setup but it feels like they have fixed a lot of issues with using the side gunner positions. Yes my head sometimes clip through stuff with IR tracking but it works much more smoothly and aiming down the sight on the m60 feels really good. Anyway Im glad that they are working on it.

Oh and the loadout screen has new pictures/icons for m60 and minigun for gunners, rockets and copilot guns still look the same though. :/

Edited by Rover

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

You can use skatezilla updater and choose specific build

Or just use the DCS Updater itself.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg