Jerky movements at high speed bad?

Shimonu

So there I was flying at probably ~mach 1 and 20k feet towards an SA-10 site which had fired at me. I make a quick roll to the left and make a small but quick pull on the stick to initiate a turn. Black out and plane is torn to pieces. This surprised me. Now I know the Tomcat has no computers stopping you from being stupid but I still thought such a light deflection on the stick, even if quick, would not be harmful. I would estimate it was at most a quarter of the travel and I have no curves.

Is this a lesson for me, to be gentle with the cat at high speed? I can't recall if I've done this with other analog airplanes in this manner. Can someone confirm that I should just pull more gradually?

Always be gentle with flight controls that don't have computers regulating them. Fly the huey without curves. Snapping cyclic back and forth will cause mast bump and your blades will go spinning off your helo :)

Slow, smooth, deliberate movements are better.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Yup, dont forget the control surfaces are HUGE with absolutely nothing stopping you effectively sticking a barn door out the window at supersonic speeds, even what you thought was a light pull almost certainly pulled way over 10 gs and the wings said er nope.

Turn invulnerability on the do it again, the go to tacview and look a the numbers, youl wet yourself lol

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr