Uuuuaaaah..! I have started building now..!

Triggerhappy69

Thank you for the compliment Trigger,

but I am neither the only contributor, nor the main boss, C6 is not "my" site. I am only a regular writer and member of the staff, many people work altogether to have this result.

I will pass your rewards, they will be happy !

Many thanks from french simers community !

and have good holidays !

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice kisses from France and from OeilDeFaucon, author of Cyclic with Saitek throttle base, he posted the technical reference for electrovan : http://www.sercom-france.fr/pub/produit_details.php?id=126&catid=66%22

Tell him thanx from me.!:thumbup: I've already sent a request for info to them..

Well Christmas is just arround the corner. And I've had to put pitbuilding aside for another project. My father (..the old engineer..) is retiring from a hectic life of civil engineering, and moving back home from Abu Dhabi to slow things down and enjoy the fruits of he's life.. LIKELY..!:megalol:

He's even worse than me when it comes to keeping busy. And since I am he's favourite son (and as far as I know.. he's ONLY son?). I have been dreading this for quite some time now.. I mean, who do you think he'll be focusing on when he moves back home? ... Yours truly naturally..! I'll be forced to actually live up to my potential, and that will seriously rob me from all my beloved, seemingly meaningless but really fun, time consuming digressions in life..! :helpsmilie:

So I came up with this idea. If I make sure he's always busy doing something else, he would'nt have time to think about me? And I kinda' think it's going to sort off work maybe....

So how do you grasp the attention of a guy who's been spending the last 20 years building fully automated oil rigs in Germany and giant PEH plants in Abu Dhabi..?

...... Simple.... you give him a hexabot robot in pieces, and no instruction manual on how to assemble it..!!!

So I did some reading on different robotics forum, and with a mental picture in my head, and some printed pictures of what they look like, I started what will probably be the most hectic build of my life..! I have untill the 24th to design, produce, assemble it (I want it to work remember.. 'cause if not ..? I don't even want to think about that scenario.. LMAO), dissassemble it and organize all nuts and bolts into plastick ziplock bags, and make sure the required wires and switches are in place.. Phhuh..!:cry:

This is how far I came tonight:

dscn1577.jpg

dscn1578q.jpg

dscn1579y.jpg

... no seriously. I havebeen wanting to build one for quite some time now. And this was the perfect excuse for doing it. My idea is to give it to dad in pieces, and with no manual. But knowing him him figure it out how to assemble it by the second day of christmas. And that's when I come over for a family dinner to start the real reason for giving this seemingly bizarre gift. It will give us both a project that we both can work together on..!

The assembly is just for building up to the REAL challenge.. We have to make the thing walk..! And the Arduino card controlling it is as dumb as a polarbear in a turtleneck sweater trying to get in to a giraffe only club..! :huh:

So all in all It's a gift for me to... 'cause he's really cool to spend time with, and I have to admitt that I love that old fart..!

ps. did an inventory on my opencockpits cards.. It thought it so cool that I left it all on the table and went to bed.. Did I hear anyone say NERD..!?

dscn1576p.jpg

Merry Christamas to all of you guys..!

With all the eating and family affairs, and me going on my skiing instructor course the 27th, I'll most likely be just reading the forum untill I get home on january 2nd 2011.. On new years eve i'll be somewhere way up in the mountains, far away from anything electric. And I will LOVE IT..!

...oh yeah, and a happy new year to..!:joystick:

Edited by Triggerhappy69
  • Like 1

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

..... oh yeah.. Before you all go ballistic and start pointing noses at me and laughing...

He doesn't read this forum..! I have mentioned this thread to him, but he's not into pitbuilding. At least I think he's not..? DAMMIT..! I really should start thinking ahead more before I post stuff.. LMAO..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not an expert here either, I was just asking with the simplicity in mind. What does such a solenoid do in Western helicopters? Just keeps the collective in a fixed position? Do you think Ka-50 has a collective with solenoid? :)

IIRC even Eurocopter EC135 uses a regular caliper brake with a hand lever similar to those you can find on bicycles.

You kinda are an expert Bucic. At least compared to me..?

I base my questions and arguments on what I have been able to figure out alone, with no referances to correct me, by studying simple drawings, and the flight manual, of the AH64 Apache's trim system, by watching a short film showing the trim function in a russian HIND Helicopter and what I have seen in whatever helicopter i have been alowed near to..

So belive me when I say that YOU are the expert here..!

And belive me, this is not even close to what I know you allready know on the subject.

Here's how I think...

The AH64 use what they call "Magnetic Brakes" to lock the return spirings for the cyclic and yaw in place. What they do for the collective I have to admitt I don't know? I just assumed they used magnetic brakes here to, but when now I have to agree with your statement that this would over complicate it..!

However in the HIND I know from the watching the film that when the pilot wanted to move the collective stick, he pressed an electric button and you could hear what clearly sounded like a "solenoid" like sound before he could move the collective stick? So this made me think that maybe it was common practice in helicopters to lock the HOCAS in place with magnetic or soleniod activated brakes?

What ever little personal experince I have doesn'y help me at all here. because I can't say I have noticed anything locking the collective stick in place at all..!? Probably a result of me being over exageratingly euphoric from realizing that I was in a helicopters front seat in the first place? And this pre-occupying my mind to such an extent that I was unable to think about details like thiis..?

I put my trust in your expertice here my friend..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Trigger, I may not say much but I read and review your build thread constantly. I just want to wish you and yours the happiest of holidays!

Cheers,

Pogo

Intel I7 920 Std Clock - 6GB DDR3 RAM - 2 x GTX260 SLI - 10K 130GB Velociraptor Drive - Vista 64Bit - Saitek X52 Pro Hotas - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5

Merry Christmas, Trigger!

Enjoy your vacation in the mountains!

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'M BACK..! Sorry for my abcense these last few months. But during winter I work as a skiing instructor every weekend. So there's no time for pitbuilding..

But now all the white fun has gone, and it's time to do some tinkering again.. Hehe.

During winter I had the oppurtunity t learn how to programme microchips.. Started out with producing a prototype PLC for controlling some valves for a local company. And that experience really got me going..! So much new cool stuff to learn..

Next on my build-list are the remaining gauges on the front right panel, and the small gauges on the right main switch panel.

(maybe I should read my PM's first..?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome back Trigger.

Skiing instructor where ? (any plans for a Ski-Sim-Pit ? :-)

lol

I miss my sking days

Cant wait to see what you come up with now.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Triggerhappy,

I have just spent a not inconsiderable bit of time reading this entire thread. Wow, fabulous pit. Early on in the thread, about Dec 2008, you reference an MSN site where your drawings are stored but I could never find the reference to the site. Do you still have panel drawings?

I note you started the project in 2007. Please don't tell me wife you are still working on it:)

I have just started on the cyclic and collective. I will do the overhead panels next.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kurt "Froglips" Giesselman

wishing someone would do a two seat sim like LB2...I ain't much of a pilot but I am a helava good shot.

System specs: Asus Sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 4170, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 2 x Palit 560Ti 2GB video cards SLI, TIR 4, 26" main display, 21.5" Helios display, 10" Shkval display, 9" ABRIS display, XKeys Pro panel, Copy Cat Controls cyclic/collective w/custom KA-50 head/rudder

lol

I miss my sking days

Cant wait to see what you come up with now.

How can you stop skiing? I've drifted more into freeriding this winter. It seems that just skiing in prepaired slopes really bore me (unless I have students).. But floating in POW down a mountainside in virgin snow is a near religious experience for me..!

Next on the agenda is finishing the RPM and Fuel gauges for the Left Front Panel. I hope to have these done in a couple of weeks.?

Maybe a little longer...

Triggerhappy,

I have just spent a not inconsiderable bit of time reading this entire thread. Wow, fabulous pit. Early on in the thread, about Dec 2008, you reference an MSN site where your drawings are stored but I could never find the reference to the site. Do you still have panel drawings?

I note you started the project in 2007. Please don't tell me wife you are still working on it:)

I have just started on the cyclic and collective. I will do the overhead panels next.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I belive most of my drawings still are to be found online. The CAD computer had a major crash before christmas, and I haven't had time to fix it yet. But gimme a couple of days, and I'll see what I can dig up..!

Ps. I AM infact still working on it mate,... :cry: hehe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Trigger!

First faszinated by your pit. It´s really amazing and perfect done.

So RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT! :thumbup: :thumbup:

You even inspired me to build my own little collective-rudder controls and I learned a lot :smartass: :)

But now i´ve got a problem with the electronics -> I wanted to use hall sensors for the axles. So I use a simple A-PAC USB-card and a wired a Honeywell SS466A sensor to it, tried to tested it with two moving magnets in front of the sensor, but nothing worked..:(

Did I forget any element btw card and sensor or...

Have searched the inet for weeks but didnt found anything usable

Could You please help?

Thx a lot, Steven

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Trigger!

First faszinated by your pit. It´s really amazing and perfect done.

So RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT! :thumbup: :thumbup:

You even inspired me to build my own little collective-rudder controls and I learned a lot :smartass: :)

But now i´ve got a problem with the electronics -> I wanted to use hall sensors for the axles. So I use a simple A-PAC USB-card and a wired a Honeywell SS466A sensor to it, tried to tested it with two moving magnets in front of the sensor, but nothing worked..:(

Did I forget any element btw card and sensor or...

Have searched the inet for weeks but didnt found anything usable

Could You please help?

Thx a lot, Steven

Thank you mate..!:smilewink:

As far as I can see you need to place your hall-effect sencors like this:

magnetfieldoutput039650pm3.jpg

magnetfieldoutput029648qz4.jpg

magnetfieldoutput019644sk6.jpg

For best reference output from the hall effect sencor, when you have an approx +-20 to 30 degree angle variation. And most joysticks have about that..

As far as the card goes. It seems quite simple.. Just replace the pots in A-Pac's own picture with Hall effect sencors like this:

apacstep1.jpg

Honeywells SS400 series Hall Effect Sencors work with an input voltage range from 3V to 30V. So you should get a good reading from this..

Make sure the magnetic field is perpendicular through the sencor when your stick is neutral. Like this:

collectivestickhalleffeho2.jpg

Here I have used round Neodyme magnets with mounting holes. The magnetic field here would come out from the Northpole on the round face of the magnet that you see in the picture. And circle arround in a curve, entering the southpole on the backside. This will give a magnetic field entering the sencors front that (in this picture) is perpendicular to the front face of the sencor..

I'll dig up some better explaining graphics for you if you want?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]