2.5.6 Trim non functional

Bungle_uk

are you using FFB? Did not experience this in testing

Not FFB but will check to see if it has reset it to on..

Edit. FFB set to off but issue persists.

It must be a local issue as others aren't experiencing it it seems.

I am using a Racing wheel (Logitech G25) for rudder pedals so I suspect it is related to that and FFB in some way but will investigate further. It is strange however as it is only affecting the Tomcat of those I have tried (Viggen and AV8B seem ok)

Edited by 214th_bungle_uk

Well, its definitely related to the racing wheel. Removed it and trim was fine. As soon as I plugged it back in, aircraft went haywire.

I have noticed a "New feature?" in FFTune under controls. Could it be its trying to apply FFB even when it is unchecked in options?

Cant understand why it only has effect with the F14 though.

Sorry to budge in but I have the same since the update. TM Warthog + logitec G25 racing wheel. Use the pedals for rudder and steering on the ground.

Same as OP. When flying it trims to the sky. Trim needle is at 0%. FFB both in settings as in the game are turned off, but still same issue. Removing G25 solves pitch problem, but that is not an option. Need rudders in the F-14.

Having the same issues here with a T300RS racing wheel, no FFB enabled and the plane is not trimming.

I've noticed that the in game stick shows the trim movement but the trim gauge is not moving. Animation in the cockpit stick is moving but no actual trimming of the plane.

Like others have said i cant disconnect my wheel as im using the pedals as rudders. Worked fine before the update...

I am having the same issue since the update. I am using a TM Warthog.

I don't have a racing wheel but I do have a Logitech G940 Hotas plugged in which is a FFB joystick. I use it for the extra buttons on the throttle for PTT. Was not a problem before yesterday's update and it doens't affect any other plane.

FFB Mode is not selected in options.

Unplugging the G940 USB cable resolves the issue, but this is not an ideal situation as I use it for PTT and VoiceAttack functionality.

Edited by Jedra

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

Here's a workaround that allowed me to use my Sidewinder FFB pedals with the latest patch and have trim working:

1. Download and install vjoystick http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/ and configure it if necessary (reboot might be needed)
  2. run a mapper tool for vjoystick - I've used UJR https://github.com/evilC/AHK-Universal-Joystick-Remapper/releases/ others(newer) versions should work as well
  3. use the tool to map all axis and buttons (of the ffb device) you need to the vjoystick
  4. Edit/Create <User>/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Config/autoexec.cfg and add no_device_hotplug = true
  5. Run DCS and configure the controls to use the vjoystick instead of the FF device
  6. Exit DCS
  7. Exit the mapping tool
  8. Disable your FF device in the device manager (unplugging might work as well), reboot might be required
  9. Run DCS (and enter mission - should work even if you don't)
  10. Tab out and enable the FFB device (or plug it in)
  11. Run the mapping tool (UJR)
  12. Tab back into DCS

You now should be able to use the buttons and axis on the FF device via the vjoystick and with hot-plugging diabled DCS/F-14 won't pickup the FF device and use the old trim method.

Repeat steps 7 to 12 if you need to (re)start DCS.

It's not pretty but it works for me, I can have my pedals and trim working in the F14.

Heatblur should definitely add an option for this though :)

Edited by Blackeye

I also appreciate the post, but I have also garaged the F14 until Heatblur issue an update!

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

Sadly, today's update has not addressed this issue.

the same from my side:

As you can see the autopilot can't hold the altitude.

If I set trimms manulay my plane has no reaction on it and slowly trimms change their positions to full down with the same result...

Edited by kievbsm