[CANNOT REPRODUCE] Unable to Cage Artificial Horizon

MrAMRAAM

I had the same problem - turn the cage knob

Win 10, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra with i5 9600KF @ 4.6GHz, 32G DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 1070, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog stick on VPC Warbird base, Warthog Throttle for jets & helis, CH Throttle Quadrant for props, CH Pro Pedals, 500GB SSDs for installed sims :gun_smilie:

The cold F-16 SAI starts caged. You have to interact with the cage-adjustment knob using either left or right click or mouse wheel to allow the knob to release from the pulled out position to the normal operating position which has the knob not pulled out. The knob is a slightly complex physical mechanism.

They definitely changed something. In the previous version it was a simple click and drag to uncage the standby AI, now it takes a couple clicks/drags/wiggles to get it to uncage during startup procedure.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

right - what I meant was I have to use the mouse wheel to turn the knob to uncage, before left-clicking would uncage then the wheel would adjust the horizon line

Win 10, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra with i5 9600KF @ 4.6GHz, 32G DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 1070, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog stick on VPC Warbird base, Warthog Throttle for jets & helis, CH Throttle Quadrant for props, CH Pro Pedals, 500GB SSDs for installed sims :gun_smilie:

• 1 month later...

Uncaging works for me, but I had to read the "tooltip" to find out how. However, the title of the thread is Unable to CAGE not UNCage.

I cannot Cage it again once it is uncaged either - not that it is stopping me flying, but it is not working as it should.

You have to juggle it physically. Rotate the knob to the middle of its scale, then pull, and while pulling rotate it to an extreme position.

You can think of the knob having two rotation ranges, sunken in in the uncaged state and pulled out in the caged state. Moving between the two rotational ranges is only possible through a "tunnel" near the middle of the rotational ranges.