[ALREADY REPORTED]Carrier Problem

jeffdude

Our server F99th is crashing when an F18 (any) attempts to hook up to a catapult. Cat 1 doesn't work at all, cat 3 causes an explosion! and a second attempt on CAT 1 is a crash, it's a crash that freezes and never generates a useful log. Although we are seeing the previously reported sound errors filling the log.

carrier is the Stennis Version version

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We've got cat problems on our servers at VEAF as well : difficulties to hook up on the cat, blackouts when being launched (litterally, in the sky) and lots of server crashes.

Rolled back.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Same issue with Carrier Air Wing One server. If you connect to the CAT it will toss the aircraft around.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

We had to remove the carrier (Stennis) to get the memory leak to go away after 2.5.6

Also had intermittent issues with the cat shuttle hookups, repeated depressions of the U key to try and hook up, sometimes required moving to an alternate cat. Memory leak certainly seemed related to the "newly" integrated LSO interaction audio/menu options.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Same here with my squadron. Carrier ops yesterday were impossible. Crashes after a few minutes of flying/trying to use catapults.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I’ve noticed this recently as well. I found that you defiantly need to be on the carrier frequency as well if your having issues connecting to the cat. Call aborting takeoff and then retry.

Also, spawning onto the deck while someone is on cat 1 results in a fireball. Another problem is the tacan is not updating the carriers position properly if you’ve been flying for a while. In order to get the proper tacan and ILS info you need to cycle both off them off and then on.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, the carrier is still an issue after today's patch/hot fix - but they have also made large improvements with today's patch. Hopefully the carrier issue will be addressed soon as well.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

A Workaround for not hooking to cat on carrier:

Be on the carrier freq, request taxi, get to cat, lined up properly, DOUBLE tap U quickly, they will say taxi to parking, press U once more and you will hook up.

Just tested 10 times, worked every time.

Cheers,

Don

A Workaround for not hooking to cat on carrier:

Be on the carrier freq, request taxi, get to cat, lined up properly, DOUBLE tap U quickly, they will say taxi to parking, press U once more and you will hook up.

Just tested 10 times, worked every time.

Cheers,

Don

What CAT where you on? Where you online?

I tried this yesterday on CAT 3 and it threw me across the deck and broke the jet's nose gear. This was after I had already launched from CAT 1 and landed, and tried to launch again.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I tried this yesterday on CAT 3 and it threw me across the deck and broke the jet's nose gear. This was after I had already launched from CAT 1 and landed, and tried to launch again.

Yes I was, and it was CAT 1. Also tested on CAT 2. Didn't try 3 or 4.

Cheers,

Don

And yes, I was online.

Cheers,

Don

Hi Jeff, trust me the carrier catapult issues are a good sign, I think it means something must be happening towards SUPERCARRIER :)

Notice that LALT+F9 moves you someplace different and no longer has the Black and White TV effect? ;)

Aye,

I had a suspicion that it was related to super carrier. I just didn't expect changes to the way the current carrier works. I was hoping for the release soon, but now I am hoping time is taken to polish up a bit so that it works in both multi and single player. This has the potential to be the greatest naval aviation simulation out there by far. I am still cautiously optimistic. If I sound sour, it's due to 3 patches not getting that issue fixed that I found important. ( a selfish sentiment I realize)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

If the changes that have caused this bug to occur are related to the Supercarrier, does that not ring alarm bells that we have been mugged for some spare change again and that the Supercarrier will, in fact, not work on release?

I could not hook up on CAT1 last night after trapping, no matter what I did, CAT3 fired me into the air and bust my nose gear and when I went to CAT2 after my wingman launched, I blacked out on launch.

This, quite simply, sucks balls!

If the changes that have caused this bug to occur are related to the Supercarrier, does that not ring alarm bells that we have been mugged for some spare change again and that the Supercarrier will, in fact, not work on release?

I could not hook up on CAT1 last night after trapping, no matter what I did, CAT3 fired me into the air and bust my nose gear and when I went to CAT2 after my wingman launched, I blacked out on launch.

This, quite simply, sucks balls!

I assume the new carrier has different internal functions involving the animated deck crew that are not compatible with the old carrier, so I'm not really surprised that there will be a transition period before both the new and old work.

It will get sorted buddy. :thumbup:

Here's what I've been doing with our guys on the NA side. Call for taxi, which sometimes replies with "cleared for start up". You may see blast door 3 pop up...just ignore that. Taxi to the CAT you want to hook to and position yourself correctly for hook up. Call ATC again and ignore the response because it might say "cleared for start up or cleared for taxi". After you call ATC hit the cat connect key a couple of times and you should hook up, and you'll see blast door 3 retract. That's been working for me and a few others mate.

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Hi Jeff, trust me the carrier catapult issues are a good sign, I think it means something must be happening towards SUPERCARRIER :)

Notice that LALT+F9 moves you someplace different and no longer has the Black and White TV effect? ;)

Noticed that the other day.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png