Crash after rollback

SandMan23

We all know 2.5.6 has several bugs. Essentially makes the update unplayable for me. Rolled back to 2.5.5. Ran repair and now crashes every time as soon as the mission loads at the screen where I hit "Fly" I can see the cockpit and Fly screen for 3 seconds then crash!. Tried different AC and maps. Same result.

Highly frustrating. 2.5.6 is unplayable, and now I cannot rollback.

Knew I shouldn't have updated. Something told me to wait because there would be issues, but did I go with my gut? No! Like everyone else I was looking forward the improved lighting and various other fixes.

Next Steps? I could uninstall DCS all together and start over. My question is can I download 2.5.5 or do I use the DCS_updater.exe update 2.5.5.41962@openbeta instead of downloading the open beta again from the site?

Stuck! Any help will be much appreciated.

• ED Team
hi, im a bit of a noob when it comes to roling back updates. Can you direct me to a link on dcs on how to rollback from the new 2.5.6 to 2.5.5? th

Hi mymxz800

welcome to the forum, we should have another open beta patch tomorrow it maybe worth waiting.

If you really want to roll back check this thread out

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
We all know 2.5.6 has several bugs. Essentially makes the update unplayable for me. Rolled back to 2.5.5. Ran repair and now crashes every time as soon as the mission loads at the screen where I hit "Fly" I can see the cockpit and Fly screen for 3 seconds then crash!. Tried different AC and maps. Same result.

Highly frustrating. 2.5.6 is unplayable, and now I cannot rollback.

Knew I shouldn't have updated. Something told me to wait because there would be issues, but did I go with my gut? No! Like everyone else I was looking forward the improved lighting and various other fixes.

Next Steps? I could uninstall DCS all together and start over. My question is can I download 2.5.5 or do I use the DCS_updater.exe update 2.5.5.41962@openbeta instead of downloading the open beta again from the site?

Stuck! Any help will be much appreciated.

Please attach your dcs log from your saved games dcs log folder.

also please check my crash advice below

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2