Flyout cue with AMRAAM?

Cytarabine

in its current state we will never have 100% accurate flyout info because a real amraam has HPRF and MPRF active. the DCS amraam onhly has one stage of active guidance

the "H" time is time til HPRF active Brevity: Husky

the "M" time is time til MPRF active Brevity: Pitbull

in its current state we will never have 100% accurate flyout info because a real amraam has HPRF and MPRF active. the DCS amraam onhly has one stage of active guidance

the "H" time is time til HPRF active Brevity: Husky

the "M" time is time til MPRF active Brevity: Pitbull

That's right. High and medium pulse repetition frequency modes determine seeker's ability to find and track targets under different conditions, especially aspect thus closing speed of the target due to the size of the notch filter.

You need lower range MPRF to reliably track more tricky target.

But I wouldn't say ED will never model this different active modes of AMRAAM - other simulators managed to do that many years ago.

And AMRAAM is the most basic and the most important weapon of their two flagship modules - Hornet and Viper.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rework they plan will include high and medium pulse repetition frequency modes.

Edited by bies

• 2 years later...

I was told HPRF/Husky was supposed to be coming "next patch" about 10 patches ago, so I think it was forgotten.

Edited by MARLAN_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• ED Team
On 4/1/2022 at 5:39 AM, MARLAN_ said:

I was told HPRF/Husky was supposed to be coming "next patch" about 10 patches ago, so I think it was forgotten.

can you link where we said that

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

can you link where we said that

https://discord.com/channels/542985647502393346/551106084157390874/900352442468827156

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• ED Team

Sorry for the miscommunication, I will be more careful in the future. Best to wait until you see it in a change log. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 4/3/2022 at 6:11 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Sorry for the miscommunication, I will be more careful in the future. Best to wait until you see it in a change log. 

I guess there is so many things happening, that you easily foeget about one in perticular. No worries, but its awesome to read that the missille is being worked on 👌

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi - will further detail be implemented for the AIM-120, ie HPRF and MPRF with associated HUD cues etc…?

• Like 6

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5