[REPORTED]VR Performance OB 2.5.6

Gripen 4-1

HINT to DEVs @KATE@BIGNEWY: If you remove the ural trucks file with the editor, (only 6-7 AI units driving offroad throught the forest) the sutter disappears. AI pathfinding CPU new FPS issue?

I have played around with it a bit and don't think you need to remove the trucks or delete their path to reduce or remove the stutter. I found that decreasing the gap between them and the lead ZIL-131 KUNG reduced the framerate drop. If they are placed directly behind the Zil then I got a momentary glitch and it immediately bounced back up to a solid 40 fps (I am running a Rift S).

Hope this helps with the debugging - I have attached a couple of mission files with a smaller gap and no gap if people want to confirm whether they see the same

Caucasus Ka-50 - gap 1.miz

Caucasus Ka-50 - no gap.miz

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Distiler, I just tested your version of my mission with no ground unit movement. You're absolutely right. It seems that 2.5.6 cannot handle ground units in motion. Anyone, feel free to test the two missions found in this thread to see for yourself.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=270059

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

@Gryzor and @hornblower793

In here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=270059 we also tested that deleting waypoints from moving ground units makes fps go normal again.

PD: wilbur81 beat me!

Distiler, I just tested your version of my mission with no ground unit movement. You're absolutely right. It seems that 2.5.6 cannot handle ground units in motion. Anyone, feel free to test the two missions found in this thread to see for yourself.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=270059

I tested also, if units are close between them, stutter disappears. I think this its totally related to pathfinding. Maybe there are other pathfinding problems (but not so heavy like this) that bring down performance to single digits in comparison with 2.5.5.

hi guys, same loss of fps here, non changes from last patch, still about 30 to 45 fps on training missions with a i7 8700 and 2080ti. To ED dinamic guys: you have, i think, the best combat flight sim out there, what is the meaning of putting out more and more dlc with more and more bugs to solve while you have the worst problem to solve...FPS?!?

If you do not stop to solve this everything else will be conditioned to low fps...i cannot immagine supercarriers in vr....like 10fps with 2080ti...Just please tell me why?!?

The road is yours but you have to stop and work hard on the core engine before going on...people will understand and apprecciate that. I have just purchased the supercarrier module...just to say...

hi guys, same loss of fps here, non changes from last patch, still about 30 to 45 fps on training missions with a i7 8700 and 2080ti. To ED dinamic guys: you have, i think, the best combat flight sim out there, what is the meaning of putting out more and more dlc with more and more bugs to solve while you have the worst problem to solve...FPS?!?

If you do not stop to solve this everything else will be conditioned to low fps...i cannot immagine supercarriers in vr....like 10fps with 2080ti...Just please tell me why?!?

The road is yours but you have to stop and work hard on the core engine before going on...people will understand and apprecciate that. I have just purchased the supercarrier module...just to say...

OK. I've just reverted to 2.5.6.45915, and the Ka-50 Instant Action Insurgents mission does not show the severe fps issue now present in 2.5.6.47224. TBH, I was not aware that this issue had only just been introduced and had assumed it was present from the first 2.5.6.

Also, it appears all (or many) of the F-18 missions have been changed for 47224. Why? Who knows?

What is going on? It appears that missions are having to be changed for each update. No wonder multiplayer missions which have always worked are now going wonky.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Actually for me I can see some Improvments.

I ´m playing with Rift S and set Pixel Density via Oculus debug Tool to 1.6, enable ASW and got visibility range to low. (set ingame PD to1.0)

In that case I got a significant performance boost.

I can run now even with MSAA with stable 40 FPS.

but that depends much on the kind of Mission.

Smaller Missions, free flight and multiplayer like Blueflag Nevada is performing very well.

But on the other hand bigger Missions still causes much FPS lost.

But for now I run much better then before-.

i5 - 8600K ~ 4ghz GeForce RTX 2080 32Gb DDR4 Windows 10 Oculus Rift S

Actually for me I can see some Improvments.

I ´m playing with Rift S and set Pixel Density via Oculus debug Tool to 1.6, enable ASW and got visibility range to low. (set ingame PD to1.0)

In that case I got a significant performance boost.

I can run now even with MSAA with stable 40 FPS.

but that depends much on the kind of Mission.

Smaller Missions, free flight and multiplayer like Blueflag Nevada is performing very well.

But on the other hand bigger Missions still causes much FPS lost.

But for now I run much better then before-.

Of course visibility to low is having a big inpact on your CPU frametime.

But you should be able to play at least at medium.

On the relase version i can use high visibility with the rift s without too much issues

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I did some testing today.

(just looking at FPS behavior during flight, so it was more a "test by feel" than monitoring overall system-performance)

seems that the latest update brought back a good amount of fps for me.

still not where I am on 2.5.5 but way better than the first few 2.5.6 releases.

ED is heading in the right direction, I'd say.

Well done, please keep it going this way!

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

I also experience lewer performance in VR with the latest patch.

With the kegetys tweak not updated and unusable I can feel the full blow of low performance in DCS.

I am a guy that is happy at 25-30 constant FPS but now I am in the 15-20 and is an eye strain.

And please ED don't aim for "low" settings your optimisations, having to chose between bad looking game and low FPS I choose to play something else. And on the longer term aiming for "low graphics with high FPS" will get you nowhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I also experience lewer performance in VR with the latest patch.

With the kegetys tweak not updated and unusable I can feel the full blow of low performance in DCS.

I am a guy that is happy at 25-30 constant FPS but now I am in the 15-20 and is an eye strain.

And please ED don't aim for "low" settings your optimisations, having to chose between bad looking game and low FPS I choose to play something else. And on the longer term aiming for "low graphics with high FPS" will get you nowhere.

He updated it...go to look on the dedicated post

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Just tried today's patch and no performance improvement for me. still 20FPS where I see 40 in release.

EDIT: Appologies.. having tested some more it actually seems on par with the realease version in VR and 2D.

I will post a new screenshot in the other performance thread.

Edited by NAKE350

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

Just tried today's patch and no performance improvement for me. still 20FPS where I see 40 in release.

It was stated quite clearly that there are no FPS performance improvements in this patch.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

i do see an improvement in the impact of troops in missions, e.g. the KA-50 Instant Action Mission Attack Insurgents is not a slide show

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Well for sure the AI moving slideshow is corrected.

2.5.6.47404 From my usual very simple test, I reckon this is now the second update that has shown a slight performance improvement. The issue with the ka-50 insurgents mission has gone.

So moving in the right direction, I think.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

It was stated quite clearly that there are no FPS performance improvements in this patch.

I thought it said pathfinding had been improved to lighten the CPU load and that seems to have been the culprit suspected/identified by many on here.. Oh well

I hope they tone down the saturation at some point too (Or provide adjustment control)

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

Just like to be the first to say good job to the ED team on correcting the lighting issue after today's patch. I took the F-18 up for a pre dawn harpoon run in the Gulf and landed at sunrise. Looked stunning and the lighting was back to spot on without me having to change any internal or external sim settings.

Only one difference I noticed is, the patch before this seemed to improve the zoom in VR tremendously, at least for my PIMAX 8K. It was nice because I did not feel cross eyed anymore after zooming in. It seems like the zoom went back to its original settings after today's patch. It is not crossed eyed but still appears close together. Not enough eye relief. If you could get the zoom back to how it was performing on the last patch and keep the lighting the way it is now, we will be cherry.

Thank you for the consistent hard work to support your customer and busting the patch out in lighting speed.

I know you need the negative feedback to fix stuff, but I at least saw some positives in today's patch. Just hope we can iron out the zoom level again in VR.

Edited by robert.clark251

Just like to be the first to say good job to the ED team on correcting the lighting issue after today's patch.

What lighting issue?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Under the VR section, there were a lot of us having issues with lights at night. One thread started specifically for that. I only started posting on here when I notice this was the thread the devs seemed to be monitoring.

The issue was lighting only showing up in one eye after dark, clipping really bad. All around not working. I wont rehash what you can find on the VR thread, but after today's patch, it corrected all the lighting issues while flying at night.

As stated in my other post, I just saw the zoom function go back to being slightly off (eyes seem to close together).

2.5.6.47404 latest version crashing

CV1 Rift, when changing map, makes me believe another memory leak.

FPS in P51 Normandy unplayable 15FPS.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I tried OB 2.5.6 for the second time last night. I let my performance settings carry across to OB from release. I am so used to using previous open betas over release, prior to 2.5.5. I am sorry to say, the current OB is absolutely awful, and from my perspective, has gotten worse.

FPS was awful even at the MP selection screen.

There was a weird bounding issue after I maximise my screen to prevent the mouse cursor leaving the bounds on my monitor output, the mouse bounds stay at the VR screen size, so I cannot reach the options.

VR was showing details such as the little wing streaks on the AV-8B only in one eye on my VR even when close (somewhere approximately between 5 and 25 m virtual separation). Clouds in the distance did the same, and only showed in one eye piece - as id one eye the distance is close enough to show the object, but the other eye being a cm back is not.

I was on discord VOIP with at least 16 other people, most of whom also sounded frustrated. I have reverted back to release. If a version like this did make it to release without much improvement, I fear most of my friends and myself would have to give up on DCS.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

I fear that this performance issue is going to cost some users. I have a mate who tried DCS out on the Rift CV1 right around the time 2.5.6 was released, and he told me he tried it, but gave up after not too long due to the woeful performance. You need frames to be high enough and stable in VR or it is very uncomfortable, and just not usable. I shared with him some settings tips before and after, but I don't think he will even try it again.

I am still on 2.5.5, as my DCS World was unplayable after updating to 2.5.6. I had been doing quite a lot of Nevada Aggressor missions, most recently in the Hornet, and 2.5.6 just would not allow me to use this in VR. I use DCS in VR exclusively now, and it used to be magnificent for that, but 2.5.6 has really stuffed it, to put it bluntly. I know this is still in Beta, but i just hope ED are taking this seriously, because something has gone really awry for performance to drop so severely in VR. I think they need to take a step back and figure out which move went wrong, then go back to that point and redo it.

Edited by scotth6