[BUG] Countermeasure Rearm in MP

Swordfish

Hi,

Having lots of problems rearming the countermeasures in MP- used all chaff and flares. I use the ground crew menu option through the radiom order my loadout then go into the rearm menu (not touching the flare & chaff counters as instructed) and get fuel and loadout.

no CM ever gets loaded, no chaff no flare. In kneeboard the CM's are listed as being there. Ive tried setting the Rearm menu chaff and flare to 60Flare and 140chaff (as it is at mission start), again no joy. Can anyone help with this?

Edited by IronMike

also have just tried using the groundcrew menu - again no luck. I noted in the manual if you have a RiO you have to press the reset switch for 5 seconds. Perhaps jester is not doing this? I also tried changing various jest options in the CMS menu- again no luck.

CMS also don't rearm in SP. Its easy to replicate this issue.

My CMS were set to 60 flares and 140 chaff in the rearm menu

I took off with Jester in the backseat

I was able to drop 60 flares.

Landed back at base.

Ream menu displayed the CMS quantity at 0 Flare 140 chaff

Changed the CMS back to 60 flares and 140 chaff

When I took off again I was unable to drop any flares

Landed back at base.

Due to how the countermeasures are in the F-14, you are not supposed to use the sliders, but the radio menu option.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

To add to this discussion I have seen the no rearm of CM during multiplayer. Steps taken to re-arm were as follows:

1)Open the AN/ALE-39 menu via the ground crew and select the desired CM load-out (10 chaff, 50 flares)

2)Open rearm/refuel menu and select fuel state and ordnance

3)When rearming is complete, check kneeboard for CM dials. (This would show the same info as before unless different amounts are chosen. ex. L10 C, L20 F, R10 C, R20 F)

4)RIO changes the programmer dials if needed to and/or holds reset on the AN/ALE programmer for 5 seconds and reset the counter dials

We then takeoff and find out we have no countermeasures. Not sure if we did the steps wrong, or if this is indeed a bug.

To add to this discussion I have seen the no rearm of CM during multiplayer. Steps taken to re-arm were as follows:

1)Open the AN/ALE-39 menu via the ground crew and select the desired CM load-out (10 chaff, 50 flares)

3)When rearming is complete, check kneeboard for CM dials. (This would show the same info as before unless different amounts are chosen. ex. L10 C, L20 F, R10 C, R20 F)

4)RIO changes the programmer dials if needed to and/or holds reset on the AN/ALE programmer for 5 seconds and reset the counter dials

We then takeoff and find out we have no countermeasures. Not sure if we did the steps wrong, or if this is indeed a bug.

Aren't you supposed to first rearm/refuel and then select the desired CM loadout when rearming/refueling has finished?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Countermeasure Ream not working in MP or SP

As per this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4206193&mode=linear#post4206193

S

wordfish	02-12-2020 02:19 PM
Countermeasure Rearm in MP

Hi,

Having lots of problems rearming the countermeasures in MP- used all chaff and flares. I use the ground crew menu option through the radiom order my loadout then go into the rearm menu (not touching the flare & chaff counters as instructed) and get fuel and loadout.

no CM ever gets loaded, no chaff no flare. In kneeboard the CM's are listed as being there. Ive tried setting the Rearm menu chaff and flare to 60Flare and 140chaff (as it is at mission start), again no joy. Can anyone help with this?

IronMike	02-12-2020 03:11 PM
Could you try rearming and refueling first, then reloading CMs with the radio menu? See if that works please. Thanks.

Swordfish	02-12-2020 04:06 PM
I should still leave the rearm menu flares and chaff alone correct? If they are empty or reduced i mean

Swordfish	02-12-2020 05:35 PM
Ive tried using the groundcrew menu after rearming - no joy
Tried rearming, using groundcrew, then rearming again- No countermeasures loaded again.

So basically atm im having to reslot in MP just to load CM's.

Swordfish	02-12-2020 05:45 PM
also have just tried using the groundcrew menu - again no luck. I noted in the manual if you have a RiO you have to press the reset switch for 5 seconds. Perhaps jester is not doing this? I also tried changing various jest options in the CMS menu- again no luck.

Viper 13	02-12-2020 08:04 PM
I am having the same issue. Countermeasures are not rearming after I have landed and rearmed in MP

IronMike	02-13-2020 03:34 AM
But in SP it does work for you?

Viper 13	02-13-2020 08:19 AM

Landed back at base.

IronMike	02-13-2020 11:55 AM

Due to how the countermeasures are in the F-14, you are not supposed to use the sliders, but the radio menu option.

Viper 13	02-13-2020 12:58 PM
Ok, can you please clarify the steps needed to rearm CMS after they have been used?
My teammates and I have tried both the radio option and slider to reload the CMS after a sortie.

Swordfish	02-13-2020 09:27 PM
I Have also tried the rearm in SP. I have not touched the rearm window - its shows 0 chaff and 0 flares.
Rearm using the radio groundcrew menu. CM's do not fire

Does the same thing in MP as well

Tyrant07	02-14-2020 04:08 AM

QuiGon	02-14-2020 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant07 (Post 4208074)

Aren't you supposed to first rearm/refuel and then select the desired CM loadout when rearming/refueling has finished?

Swordfish	02-15-2020 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon (Post 4208299)
Does not work in both MP and SP

Tyrant07	02-15-2020 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon (Post 4208299)
I was under the impression the CM had to be done first so that something changes on the jet for it to take effect.

Swordfish	02-15-2020 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant07 (Post 4209847)
I was under the impression the CM had to be done first so that something changes on the jet for it to take effect.
You do. But no methods work. CM do not rearm whatever method you try and use

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a track file showcasing the countermeasure issue, in SP, using F8 menu to rearm.

It doesn't work - the rearm doesn't work.

I have tried any combination of using just F8 -> F6 menu, F8 -> F1 menu, doesn't work.

As you can see, in the trackfile I did use the F8 -> F6 method, then rearmed the jet without touching the CMS setting - if I understand it correctly, this is the right method.

This is really extremely annoying bug, especially for MP, since it takes 2 years to start and fuel the jet.

Thanks a lot in advance, hopefully you guys can have a look.

F14 CMS Test.trk

• 2 weeks later...

Still an issue for us, although we're on 2.5.5 because of all the other bugs so. Are you guys in 2.5.6 and are still having this issue?

DCS World 2.5.x | F-14 | F/A-18C | AV-8B | AJS-37 | A10C | M-2000C | F-15C | MiG-21 | Hawk | FW190 | BF109K | Spitfire Mk. IX | P-51D | Gazelle | UH-1H | MI-8 | BS | CA | Persian Gulf | Normandy | NTTR

Win10-x64 | ASUS Strix Z270H Gaming | Intel i7-7700K | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | SSD Samsung 850 | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

I was told that maybe my procedure was not entirely correct, so hopefully this is the track with correct procedure.

After expanding all flares

1) Refuel / Rearm the jet

2) I'm not touching the sliders at all

3) Use the F8 - > F6 menu to reset the CMs.

Still doesn't work, unfortunately. This is with Jester.

F14 CMS Test v2.trk

• 4 weeks later...