[BUG] Countermeasure Rearm in MP

Swordfish

• 4 weeks later...

bump.

Can we at least get acknowledgement from Heatblur that this is a bug? Or direction on what everyone seems to be doing wrong if its not. I've tested the last 3 patches and still cant rearm countermeasures. It is getting a little old having to make the choice between having no countermeasures or grabbing a new jet and going through the full startup again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this out today when I unchecked the "Load LAU-138 with Chaff" option for certain F-14 slots. The ALE-39 starts off with the mission editor selected load, but the radio menu option for ground crew loadouts does not work and the countermeasures are not reloaded in any capacity within a mission.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi HB, unfortunately, even after this was supposedly fixed according to change log, I just can't make it work. I tried:

-> refuel / rearm-> don't touch CM sliders -> F8 - F6 to set CM count

-> F8-F6 to set CM -> refuel / rearm -> don't touch the sliders

-> set the sliders -> refuel / rearm -> F8 - F6

-> set the sliders -> F8 - F6 -> rearm / refuel

went back to RIO seat and reset the CM count

none of this works. If I'm doing it wrong, can please somebody, who actually made it work and seen it work tell me, how to do that? (btw I'm talking about plane with Jester. It works with human RIO).

Hi HB, unfortunately, even after this was supposedly fixed according to change log, I just can't make it work. I tried:

-> refuel / rearm-> don't touch CM sliders -> F8 - F6 to set CM count

-> F8-F6 to set CM -> refuel / rearm -> don't touch the sliders

-> set the sliders -> refuel / rearm -> F8 - F6

-> set the sliders -> F8 - F6 -> rearm / refuel

went back to RIO seat and reset the CM count

none of this works. If I'm doing it wrong, can please somebody, who actually made it work and seen it work tell me, how to do that? (btw I'm talking about plane with Jester. It works with human RIO).

Dear HB

Could one of your Devs please post a track file, so we can see what we are doing wrong?

This issue is very easy to replicate.

Arm your plane and take off with Jester

Drop all your flares

Land and use any method that Earnil tried to reload the CMS.

Take off again and you can't drop anymore flares

Resetting counters is just for RIO to track the number of countermeasures left. The most important action is to reset the programmer - hold the reset switch in RESET for at least 5 seconds. From the manual http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#programmer :

The RESET switch needs to be used to reset the systems internal counters after loading new cartridges into the launchers. Needs to be held to reset for at least 5 seconds to reset the system.

Jester does it each time after reloading the launchers and taking off.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Resetting counters is just for RIO to track the number of countermeasures left. The most important action is to reset the programmer - hold the reset switch in RESET for at least 5 seconds. From the manual http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#programmer :

Hi Super Grover,

So can you drop all your flares, land rearm take-off and drop flares again with Jester?

Can you please describe the method? as I and all of my friends can't get this to work with Jester

Thanks Grover, but in that case, reseting the programmer should be irrelevant with Jester shouldn't it, since Jester does it on it's own.

Can you please post step by step how you rearm countermeasures in the plane with Jester? I fully acknowledge that it's probably my incompetence at this point because EVERYONE tells me it's just 'easy' and just do it like 'you always do', but as posted above, I tried almost every possible combination and I can't get it to work.