2.5.6 some graphics not rendered in L eye

Gryzor

Should add, that many do not have this file in their folder - as this to my knowledge is something that is user created. The developer of our dynamic mission created this for me, and works a treat. I can PM you the file if anyone is unsure of how to do this, or simply copy the contents of mine in plain text and you can simply "create" the autoexe.cfg file. Takes less than 30 seconds. Works a treat and no longer have the issue of rendering, but still suffer from the draw distance issue that has presented itself in 2.5.6

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I'm at work. Can anyone provide any info that there has been improvements to this issue, please? Thanks in advance.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I'm at work. Can anyone provide any info that there has been improvements to this issue, please? Thanks in advance.

The erratic clouds / objects disappearing and reappearing on the edges of the VR display are still present - however the LOD / draw distance issue has been fixed, or at least for the most part. No issues with that today, back to spotting things from 30 nm in VR. Ground targets, air targets.

I do still have the "reverse" logic in my autoexec.cfg file, where it used to be =false , it is still as =true . I will switch this back over tomorrow to see if it will continue to render things in both eyes as it should, and see if it fixes the issue of the in-cockpit flashlight only rendering in one eye. Small steps. Flew for 6+ hours online in our server today without any other issues and was butter smooth for us. Mega steps forward. This patch / hot fix is certainly in the correct direction.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The erratic clouds / objects disappearing and reappearing on the edges of the VR display are still present - however the LOD / draw distance issue has been fixed, or at least for the most part. No issues with that today, back to spotting things from 30 nm in VR. Ground targets, air targets.

I do still have the "reverse" logic in my autoexec.cfg file, where it used to be =false , it is still as =true . I will switch this back over tomorrow to see if it will continue to render things in both eyes as it should, and see if it fixes the issue of the in-cockpit flashlight only rendering in one eye. Small steps. Flew for 6+ hours online in our server today without any other issues and was butter smooth for us. Mega steps forward. This patch / hot fix is certainly in the correct direction.

Cheers,

Don

Thanks for that info. Much appreciated.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Same issues, lights, shadows, clouds, objects... however, I also have them disappear in the right eye depending on my heads orientation to the object. Especially lights and shadows.

Pimax 5K XR @150 horizontal FOV

Same headset same problem, its even worse when you look down into your lap and its nighttime outside.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• 2 weeks later...
Why this is not ever investigated by ED?

I wonder about the same. This thread is active for about 2 weeks now, yet still no response from ED

Same can be said for some other, well explained, documented and user verified bug threads. Some of these bugs are really gameplay breaking

Meanwhile, minor issue reports get [under investigation], or [reported] tags (check the object errors sub-forum to see what I mean)

I like to try and help ED out with testing in OB and reporting issues, but the lack of acknowledgement is a bit frustrating

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Although the logic is backwards (from what it was prior to 2.5.6) - I can confirm that this fixes the issue of things not rendering in the left eye:

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true

This line goes in the autoexe.cfg file in your saved games folder.

However, the draw distance is still compromised after the 2.5.6 update..... But one step at a time right?

Cheers,

Don

Thanks Don!,

This has fixed the clouds in one eye not appearing for me as well. Me and my friends have not played for the last couple of weeks, as we've been waiting for this to be fixed, it gave me a headache looking at those clouds, wish I'd checked on here last week.

The cockpit lights in the P-51 only illuminate the cockpit in the right eye.

HP Reverb and latest open beta.

Works fine in Stable version.

Edit: this is with the options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true line in the autoexec.cfg

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

• ED Team

Hi all

We have been very busy these last two weeks and sometimes things do get overlooked, apologies for that.

Please attach a short track replay showing which scenarios are creating problems or a short video.

The clouds issue is known and reported already.

I only have a vive cosmos to test with but I will take a look in Monday Morning my time.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

We have been very busy these last two weeks and sometimes things do get overlooked, apologies for that.

Please attach a short track replay showing which scenarios are creating problems or a short video.

The clouds issue is known and reported already.

I only have a vive cosmos to test with but I will take a look in Monday Morning my time.

thanks

Thanks Bignewy, but... C´mon... nobody in DEV Moscow team have a HMD unit just to test ALL glitches in VR?? my god.

There is no one or two issues, there are MANY of them... double vission, clouds, objects disappearing, cockpit illumination, light-landing projections (It hurts my eyes when you´re landing at night, and see everytime the double cutted lights...) ...VR development would be a priority in the sim. Honestly, it seems to me nearly abandoned area by all TEAM (even in VR forum sections, no item is ticked or followed, - it seems to me- nowadays).

I´m not speaking about improving,... if only not breaking more things since 2.5.5 I would be happy. Its vey disappointing to me the treatment in this area. 2.5.6 its a totally disaster in VR simulation.

Edited by Gryzor

Thanks Bignewy, but... C´mon... nobody in DEV Moscow team have a HMD unit just to test ALL glitches in VR?? my god.

There is no one or two issues, there are MANY of them... double vission, clouds, objects disappearing, cockpit illumination, light-landing projections (It hurts when you´re landing and see everytime the double cutted lights...) ...VR development would be a priority in the sim. Honestly, it seems to me nearly abandoned area by all TEAM (even in VR forum sections, no item is ticked or followed, (seems to me) nowadays. I´m not speaking about improving,... if only not breaking more things since 2.5.5 I would be happy. Its vey disappointing to me the treatment in this area.

Just remember you are voluntarily taking part in the Beta, where you are testing and providing feedback for the Stable branch.

If you are getting frustrated then install the stable version and patiently wait for updates.:doh:

The cockpit lights in the P-51 only illuminate the cockpit in the right eye.

HP Reverb and latest open beta.

Works fine in Stable version.

Edit: this is with the options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true line in the autoexec.cfg

Just to update I edited the autoexec.cfg and changed the flag to false and the cockpit lights work in both eyes now.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I don't have a track but it's most noticeable in the LOD models of the Perry-class frigates. Two different LOD models will load in each respective eye at a certain distance. Things like the radar dish will be missing in the left eye and rendered in the right.

Although the logic is backwards (from what it was prior to 2.5.6) - I can confirm that this fixes the issue of things not rendering in the left eye:

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true

This line goes in the autoexe.cfg file in your saved games folder.

However, the draw distance is still compromised after the 2.5.6 update..... But one step at a time right?

Cheers,

Don

where is this? I can't find any autoe x e cfg file in my user/savedgames?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• ED Team

Hi all

I need to see track replays showing this happen, so the team can test with different VR headsets in the same scenario.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

I need to see track replays showing this happen, so the team can test with different VR headsets in the same scenario.

thanks

it's happening in the VR headset not on the 2 D monitor; so kind of hard to make a track of this, to me it looks as though the left eye is not properly aligned center FOV or it looks like its off center which is causing it to look like its not rendering.

but when you turn you're head towards it. it renders in. but its only the left eye that's out of center.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Here you go. Issue only visible in VR. In this case, it's the frigate out to the left of the canopy. The antenna mast is rendering differently in the left versus the right eye. Just look to your left after the mission starts you can't miss it.

Again this is the frigate to the aircraft's port, or aircraft carrier's starboard.

The Perry is NOT the only unit this is happening to just the one I was able to quickly recreate it with.

3d_test.trk

Edited by FoxTwo

Hi all

thanks

Here is the tracks. With 3 differents planes, in all of them the gear light is bugged (viewed with valve index hmd), it produces headaches... with 2.5.5, those glitches didn´t happened.

F-14-A10C-F15C 3D DOUBLE VISION GEAR LIGHT.zip

Was experiencing this approaching a tanker. It was rendering in one eye, not the other. It's not the sort of thing you should need a track for persay, just start up the game and fly around, you can see the issue occurring in the wild. Or not. I suppose it could be one of those nefarious "user cocktail" issues.

Rift S, in my case. I've seen it occasionally with lights and miscellaneous other objects. I think Mastiff is maybe on to something. I hadn't pinned it down until he said that, but it feels sometimes like the eyes aren't aligning properly somehow. Hard to describe. But that's different from the objects not rendering in both eyes.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I'm also noticing this with shadows where one eye is drawing parts of the shadows the other eye is not and visa versa.

When sat in the F16 at Nellis i can look at my left wing from the cockpit and notice that there are shadows drawing in one eye or the other, when moving my head i see it popping in and out.

Anyone else seeing this also?