Forrestal and F-14A?

africatom

+1

I wish this was a macro'ed response amongst the Smiley's here, I could see it being used frequently on the dcs forum

Ok so I named 2 major things the plane is missing. On a thread about the F14.

I mever said itd never happen I said I was concerned. Exactly when did you and this dude get to decide who gets to say what?

Where did I insult anyone or exagerrate anything? The games been out a year no? We have heard little about the F14 no?

Pls, show me where. Because this frankly seems more like a case of you guys just attacking a person on a forum dedicated to discussing the F14, on a thread about the F14a, for saying theyre concerned at the lack of news over the F14.

Indeed if anyone seems to be exagerrating or not helping antthing its you two - youre flaming a legitimate response. I named things the F14 A will have. I dont see you flaming everyone else mentioning additions. I expressed concern frankly also given the flux DCS is in which in turn is affecting HB.

Im actually not new, but perhaps you guys should wonder why the DCS forums have a reputation of snobbery and unfriendliness.

Read my response above about the UH1 multicrew. Because me bringing this up - though I never said itd take as long or even mentioned the episode - isnt crazy or some dumb question at all. People miss posts all the time; but yes you should have a macro to mock people asking if perhaps they missed a post or speculation about the promised F14A module. Bravo - yes those posts on a message forum sure are annoying huh. .i guess *you* had better elect yourself.to police the forums. While your at it write yourself up your post contributed even less than the one you mocked.

Edited by Sublimearrepentido

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Not intending to open one more repeated thread, I'll use this one to ask:

Is there any forecast / estimate for the F-14A release ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Hello everyone,

Not intending to open one more repeated thread, I'll use this one to ask:

Is there any forecast / estimate for the F-14A release ?

Thank you.

AFAIK HB have mentioned from their Q1 update this:

Stay tuned for more information soon. We’ll also be starting to discuss the F-14A much more thoroughly as we steam through Q1.

So hopefully we can expect more information this month and forward.

AFAIK HB have mentioned from their Q1 update this:

So hopefully we can expect more information this month and forward.

Yeah they maintained a somewhat vague information regarding a release date.

Thank you for your time Sirius! :thumbup:

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Yeah they maintained a somewhat vague information regarding a release date.

Thank you for your time Sirius! :thumbup:

It's gotta be tough to nail anything down as far as a date with all the spaghetti code... I do, however, expect to hear something by the end of the month. If not a release, at least an update.

I don't mean that they should or must give an update, i just mean i kinda think it's coming soon so they'll probably throw us a video or something...

Be careful asking before someone indignantly asks if youre "done" ; say you arent contributing ( didnt know buying HB and posting here wasnt) and say youre essentially wasting space - then lean into a more useless post flaming you.( cof scroll up)with your legit question and some other fanboy hypocritically piles on

Edited by Sublimearrepentido

With HB's past experience among numerous 3rd parties and ED themselves, it would probably be best for any, if not all of them to not give a specified release date. Even windows like Q2 and etc. are not good enough as some things can happen during their dev cycle to throw them off track for a short amount of time. I am personally convinced, however, that HB is more than qualified to release the F-14A in a completed state of manner.

With HB's past experience among numerous 3rd parties and ED themselves, it would probably be best for any, if not all of them to not give a specified release date. Even windows like Q2 and etc. are not good enough as some things can happen during their dev cycle to throw them off track for a short amount of time. I am personally convinced, however, that HB is more than qualified to release the F-14A in a completed state of manner.

Considering they missed every promised release window so far by a large margin I would have to agree.

Just funny that Razbam seems to be working and updating just fine in the last couple months in terms of new content.

Really am amazed over the lack of Forrestal information, despite being continuously told we'll be getting more information.

It's PR in general when you hear great things are going to be coming along but things quiet down. I'm certain that the HB developers are working hard behind the curtains to get everything right, at least, I hope so. :D

Heatblur's reputation is not exactly bad. In fact they are known as on of the best and always delivered a rock-solid bar-setting product. I have zero doubt that they are doing their best about the Forrestal and A model. No need to get crazy here, i guess

Heatblur's reputation is not exactly bad. In fact they are known as on of the best and always delivered a rock-solid bar-setting product. I have zero doubt that they are doing their best about the Forrestal and A model. No need to get crazy here, i guess

Amen bro...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

So still nothing on the A or Forrestal? Sheesh. Well, whatever.

I was really surprised, and frankly disappointed that we didn't hear anything on the anniversary of the F-14B...

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

I have to offer this opinion. We are at the moment in the eye of the storm with the Corona virus breaking upon multiple countries. The guys who make this product are likely bedding down, worrying about their loved ones and making sure they have their real life careers squared away. They have more than likely more than enough problems without having to worry about the F14 and the Viggen. And thats before the recently introduced bugs in DCS with the last update are considered. And some of you are stamping your foot in self righteous entitlement saying 'Want F14A and Forrestal now!'

Come on guys, lighten up. They will get there, its not their fault its the end of the world as we know it is it? They are good, reliable devs. Ive complete trust in them, and for me as far as Im concerned, they can take another year on it as long as they get it as rock solid as the F14B. In fact, I hope they do, just so people so behaving with such bad grace.

Ill leave it there.

Well thankfully we're getting the Forrestal this OB since Cobra said it was coming this March!

Well March is almost over so safe to say we can forget that and just keep on waiting.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...