Winnipeg, Manitoba

dbw

Greetings.

Just wondering if there is anyone nearby who would be able and interested in helping an older guy with the ins and outs of DCS.

I've been dabbling with DCS for years back to the FC days but never really got into the meat of what this simulation is capable of. I'm a retired pilot of 40 years in carious cockpits, both fixed and rotary wing, so I can fly but I need guidance on the sim itself and learning these aircraft.

It's too bad a day long intro course couldn't be offered at Flightsimexpo or the former Flightsimcon as I'd be on that in a flash.

Many thanks for any responses.

Dave

Greetings. Hope that comment re "filthy immigrant from the UK" was made in humour. Anyone who enters the country legally is welcome.

If you're getting into aviation as a pilot you are picking a great time to do so. Lots of retirements happening, shortage of pilots is real. I think it is an excellent example of "right time, right place" to be pursuing this career.

I've got a lot of the aircraft, all maps.

Just ask what you need? What have you problem with? Pick an aircraft you like and master it. Join a squad or training server and ask on voice chat for any help.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Well, it starts with simple things like trying to add a livery. No problem with P3d or XP. I have googled this, found some instructions but not successful. I am of the age where I really like paper manual (yep, dinasoar). Would like one for the F14. Well, that's my rant for the day, lol.

Hi you can add liveries to your saved games,dcs open beta,liveries, FA-18C_hornet or whatever aircraft you have liveries for.

Just keep in mind that you may not have the aircraft folder in there and may have to make one yourself.Just add folder but make sure it's named correctly.

Also not to be confusing but sometimes liveries can be put in a different folder.When you download them from the user download site just check to see if they have a read me .Some skins can go into drive you have installed on (c for me),program files,Eagle dynamics,DCS world open beta,core mods,aircraft,FA-18C_hornet(or whatever aircraft),Liveries .

Here's a video to help also.:pilotfly:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

I am of the age where I really like paper manual (yep, dinasoar). Would like one for the F14.

Here's great HB's manual.

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/index.html

You can open it on some tablet while playing.

You can print some most interesting parts but whole... not really. Paper manual lacks very important feature: quick search!

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria