Mission 5: missing target

snodipous

Hi all. I have flown mission 5 twice now, and both times, when I got to Hotel, the downed helicopter I am supposed to destroy isn't there. There is a truck and several bad guys on foot in the right place, but no helo. I dropped a GBU on the truck and soldiers and destroyed them, but I get no further communications from anybody, presumably because I haven't met the conditions to proceed.

I just updated DCS to 2.5.6 last night, so possibly something got broken?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The plot thickens: As I was flying out to the AO, I passed a helicopter of the same type as the downed one, flying in the opposite direction, tagged as red. I turned around and shot it down, and when I dropped my GBU on the enemy at the position where the helicopter was supposed to be, the mission trigger fired, I cleared that part of the mission and got the order to continue with the rest.

So it looks like the target helicopter is spawning as active, rather than disabled, and it gets up and tries to fly back to base when the mission starts! By shooting it down I destroyed it as requested.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL.. I think I know what happened. The only way to keep the helo on the ground is to damage it with a carefully placed explosion. When I last tested it - it worked fine. But it seems the toughness of some aircraft is affected by some of the updates so I guess it was cheeky enough to take off without waiting to be destroyed. I will fix that & sorry for trouble!

Oh, and good thinking with shooting it down :))

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png