[RESOLVED]EmbarkToTransport Task Broke

Just FYI, and a low priority I'm sure, EmbarkToTransport is not working; either in the mission editor group waypoint triggers, nor via a scripting function.

Also, just a thought. Is there any way in a future update that the F7 "Airborne Troops" menu might be able to contain a function that tasks troops to embark that are within a certain proximity of the helicopter, say 500 meters?

• ED Team

please add a short track replay showing the issue

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for looking at this. See the attached tracks. The mission is the same mission, one was ran in stable version and the other was in open beta 2.5.6 just a moment ago.

One thing I noticed that was different in 2.5.6 is the new "ALL" option under vehicle group. Pre 2.5.6 all was not an option and so long as the field was blank, either a UH-1 or Mi-8 was able to pick up the group.

There are two infantry groups in the test: One is given the embark task at WP1; the others are auto tasked on event landing.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again.

server-20200216-132940 (run in beta 2.5.6).trk

server-20200216-133340 (run in stable version).trk

Hi, after the update, "Airborne Troops" units, do not appear under the menu anymore.

Before, also, vehicle group did not need to be assign. Even when assigning Mi-8 to troops embark way point, does not make any difference.

Speaking about options:

Could 2 commands (mapeable button or key) be added with the options:

1. Embark all (all units with the embark task in the defined ME radius will embark)

2. Disembark all (all units inside the helo will disembark)

This could be a great addition to improve the immersion and make this more seamless and simple to use :music_whistling:

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Plz ED, priority list 1 for this one. That really bugged the hell out of me that you did it AGAIN. For info, last time lasted YEARS.

No more, plz.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Plz ED, priority list 1 for this one. That really bugged the hell out of me that you did it AGAIN. For info, last time lasted YEARS.

No more, plz.

It will happen when it happens. A community manager has already stated this issue is reported.

If it takes 'years' so be it. I'd rather the 'free' map and many other items listed by NineLine, Wags and Co slated for this year to be worked on and released, rather than the troop transport 'bug' to be fixed.

Edited by Winfield_Gold
added a couple of words...

It will happen when it happens. A community manager has already stated this issue is reported.

If it takes 'years' so be it. I'd rather the 'free' map and many other items listed by NineLine, Wags and Co slated for this year to be worked on and released, rather than the troop transport 'bug' to be fixed.

2 entire modules are BASED on transporting troops. That's what transport choppers do, that's what Mi8 & Huey are. If DCS is meant to be as realistic as depicted, no transport mecanism means that these 2 modules are simply useless in-game, but still sold for $$ . That's a pretty bad behaviour for your customers, to say the least.

So yes, I will regularly remind ED of this one, because of past history on the subject.

• Like 1

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

If you do not care about this issue/bug, it does not mean that the rest of us do not.

I would prefer not to wait "for years" for this to be fixed. New stuff is coming? OK, that's great, but first, let's keep the "Old" ones still working...

Sharing thoughts with Whisper.:thumbup:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm, with a little bug : Troops of size 6 and more do not embark all.

The 5 first get in the chopper, the remaining troops stay standing there. There's no "troops onboard" message.

If you order a disembark with remaining troops outside, the onboard troops disembark, then immediatly re-embark, and the additionnal troops that were standing outside also embark at this point. Once all inside, you get the "troops onboard" message, and you can go ferry them. Following Disembark order works as intended, all troop disembark and go on the next waypoint

My first test was on Normandy map, I was limited to 5 without resorting to the "disembark" trick, I just tested on Batumi runway on Caucasus, with 7 troops only 1 was kept outside, I had to "disembark trick" twice to get him on board.

EDIT : second test run show more consistant behaviour : only 1 soldier stays outside, and embarks after issuing a "disembark" order.

Test mission file attached.

testTroopsCaucase.miz

Edited by Whisper

Can you share your successfull mission plz?

And/or try mine to see if it works for you?

• 10 months later...
On 4/20/2020 at 2:11 PM, Whisper said:

I can confirm, with a little bug : Troops of size 6 and more do not embark all.

The 5 first get in the chopper, the remaining troops stay standing there. There's no "troops onboard" message.

If you order a disembark with remaining troops outside, the onboard troops disembark, then immediatly re-embark, and the additionnal troops that were standing outside also embark at this point. Once all inside, you get the "troops onboard" message, and you can go ferry them. Following Disembark order works as intended, all troop disembark and go on the next waypoint

if you try this with the max troop setting in a Mi-8 it will get tricky. I tried it for a year now this way, mostly it works (but takes long) sometimes it doesnt work. not nice for a loooong time (little over 2 weeks now)