Multicrew ?

metzger

Its been said a multitude of times already, that they do not plan on adding multi-crew to the Kiowa.

As it is right now, the Kiowa does not feature multicrew but as we've stated before on multiple media platforms, we're awaiting the results on the UH-1 multicrew functionality and whether this function will be part of the SDK as an API, or is at least accessible to 3rd party developers in some way. If that is the case there is a good chance we will implement the feature. As of right now it is uncertain such an API will be available though. We'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As we have UH1 multicrew working very nice, considering it was not meant to be released yet, can we expect to see MC for the Kiowa ? This is really the buy/no buy difference for me personally.

Thanks.

You call that “working very nice”? It’s good that they’re working on it, but it’s got a ways to go.

You call that “working very nice”? It’s good that they’re working on it, but it’s got a ways to go.

I said "considering it was not meant to be released" so this is a state which we should not even see it. Taking this into consideration - yes it works very well a.k.a looks very promising. Of course there are issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As it is right now, the Kiowa does not feature multicrew but as we've stated before on multiple media platforms, we're awaiting the results on the UH-1 multicrew functionality and whether this function will be part of the SDK as an API, or is at least accessible to 3rd party developers in some way. If that is the case there is a good chance we will implement the feature. As of right now it is uncertain such an API will be available though. We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the answer. Yes I remember reading that you are waiting to see how MC for the UH1 will go (or something in that sense) and so is why I have opened the thread.

Fingers crossed Kiowa and hope ED will provide you access :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ED knocked it out of the park. In all honesty they surpassed Heatblur in their implementation, and proved a lot of the skeptics wrong with how a shared cockpit can be handled...  That is saying a lot because HB paved the way on solid multicrew. I certainly hope this means Polychop will implement this in the Kiowa and fix that long borked Gazelle multicrew. Sort of a big deal for me as far as buying the Kiowa goes, I can't envision me having much time for a single crew bird when there are a few great multicrew offerings in the Huey and Hind. I get too much joy out of flying multicrew with friends. 

Edited by Hook47
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/26/2021 at 12:08 PM, Wrench said:

Multicrew is a make it or break it feature for me. A multicrew Kiowa is the upcoming module I'm most excited about. A non-multicrew Kiowa would be the only helicopter module I didn't buy, given I bought the gazelle when it 'had milticrew.'

Same for me. I bought two copies of gazelle... please multicrew for kiowa

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@Polychop SimulationsI noticed a comment on Barundus' latest video on the Kiowa that I found interesting:

nullimage.png

That's a fairly substantial change from the last official statements on the matter.  Did ED change the SDK to make MC easier to implement for you?  And does this mean the MC aspect of the Gazelle may also finally be fixed so it works?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 4:55 PM, FixieRider said:

@Polychop SimulationsI noticed a comment on Barundus' latest video on the Kiowa that I found interesting:

nullimage.png

That's a fairly substantial change from the last official statements on the matter.  Did ED change the SDK to make MC easier to implement for you?  And does this mean the MC aspect of the Gazelle may also finally be fixed so it works?

Good info! Nice found.

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 3 weeks later...

I want this so bad, Have not had a proper Kiowa since Janes longbow 2 and EECH- mod and the EECH version is pretty nice (proper zoomable 3d cockpit) but its nowhere as nice as this module is going to be.

Edited by minar
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...