Sidewinders dont uncage in 2.5.6

YenLin801215

F-14

As the topic,when the target lock by the radar, and I press the CAGE/SEAM push button but the sound doesn't change.

When I use the Sidewinder expanded acquisition mode.

1. I don't the cross hair just stay there.It will not circle around.

2.When I stay the cross hair at the target, and press the CAGE/SEAM push button. The cross hair will not follow the target, and the sound doesn't change.

Before the update, the cross hair will follow the target, and the sound will change.

Did I miss something about the update? Or it is a new bug after the update of the 2.5.6?

Edited by YenLin801215

I noticed this as well. I was flying the Lion and Sun instant action mission. Got behind the Fishbed. Locked him with PAL. I can hear the winders growl. Press SEAM. No tone. At that point I closed in for gun kill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Hi I think this is just a new bug that needs sorting out down track ... like u after update to 2.5.6 Cage/Seam appears to not be functioning. Light on cockpit dashboard illuminates but no function.

PLM still works though where Sidewinder head will slave to the radar pulse put out by PLM. Just have to wait for a fix.

Yep, the uncage function doesn't seam to work right now. Someone should move this thread to the bugs section.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

And cross hair just stay there when use the Sidewinder expanded acquisition mode.

It will not circle around.

It shall not circle around. That's the way it was for some time but was later removed because of how it was IRL. The sensor otoh still does the search pattern in the mentioned mode. You just don't see it on the HUD.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 months later...

Is this still an issue? Just getting back into the F14 on the current stable release and noticed last night that I couldn't get any tone on my sidewinders when I hit seam lock. SEAM light would light up, but still the low pitched growl. Thanks!

AFAIK it's fine. The crosshair doesn't move, but HB has stated that's accurate. But if you press the CAGE-SEAM button the light will illuminate and you will hear a good tone after a few seconds if the enemy is near the crosshair.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

Odd, I flew online last night and had no problems with UNCAGE/SEAM. Cross moved to the target, good tone, fired, hit. PAL/PLM, however, was not working for me.

Interesting. I didn't get a chance to try again last night with the UNCAGE/SEAM, but PAL/PLM is working for me.

Keep in mind that what you don't see on the HUD is the missile IR seeker is moving in a figure 8 pattern to try and locate the target which is why it can take a few seconds to get a good tone. It will keep moving in that pattern until the CAGE-SEAM light goes out, so just press the CAGE-SEAM button only about once every 3-5 seconds if you don't get a lock. It should be much quicker if you have a radar lock beforehand.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII