How to turn the AJS 37 into an AJ 37?

Leviathan667

On 5/28/2021 at 10:30 PM, renhanxue said:

IIRC the JA 37 flight manual has a 1981 publish date so with the standard 40 year declassification term it should in principle be possible to get it declassified now without too much trouble. Better be prepared to wait a year or so for the national archives to handle the request though.

I'm just going off from memory, though this was a few years back.

Even so the AJ 37 should be a much easier variant to do than the JA 37 (even if I'd love to see it).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Just manage your expectations please, guys. Currently I would say the answer to expect will rather be "no". At the same time we don't want to just squash such suggestions and think about them thoroughly (or keep them on the back log for the future etc). In general it is a great suggestion. But we currently have no such plans and a very busy schedule with everything else which is already in the works. So, to put it carefully - it is unlikely at this moment. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

What about just implementing a ME option to disable TERNAV by default (or maybe have it not work at all)? Weapon loadouts can be limited, the recon mods are pretty minor, and purists can input the mission plan through the CK if they so desire. It's not ideal, but it's close enough and would require significantly less effort.

• Like 5

On 5/29/2021 at 7:25 PM, TLTeo said:

What about just implementing a ME option to disable TERNAV by default (or maybe have it not work at all)? Weapon loadouts can be limited, the recon mods are pretty minor, and purists can input the mission plan through the CK if they so desire. It's not ideal, but it's close enough and would require significantly less effort.

That is a good idea, we'll think about it. Thanks!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Legacy Viggen proper for Cold War servers would be great, it's Viggen's natural enviroment anyway. And the changes would be minor.

BTW I love how Heatblur maintains relations with community, always classy, understanding, honest and respectfull, with such attitude they have a bright future ahead. My type of company!

• Like 7

"

BTW I love how Heatblur maintains relations with community, always classy, understanding, honest and respectfull, with such attitude they have a bright future ahead. My type of company!"

+1000

Edited by Spirale
  • Like 4

Just to further ask, is the RB 15F Mk 1 definitely off the table?

AFAIK (which isn't much, I'm going off of the CMANO database here), RB 15F Mk. I was on the AJ 37 from 1990 onwards (with everything else remaining the same), is that correct?

If so, it would be possible to do an AJ 37 suitable for the 70s, 80s and 90s, using historical mode to restrict weapons - which is the only change I can find thus far.

EDIT: Looking out the loadout diagram provided by Skyracer, it would seem like a no.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Just to further ask, is the RB 15F Mk. I definitely off the table? 

AFAIK (which isn't much, I'm going off of the CMANO database here), RB 15F Mk. I was on the AJ 37 from 1990 onwards (with everything else remaining the same), is that correct?

If so, it would be possible to do an AJ 37 suitable for the 70s, 80s and 90s, using historical mode to restrict weapons - which is the only change I can find thus far.

EDIT: Looking out the loadout diagram provided by Skyracer, it would seem like a no.

Yes, RB 15 compatibility came with the AJS mod early 90s. Thus, AJ 37 regardless of era could not carry RB 15.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 9:40 AM, spacemishka said:

Why i cant have the RB74 at the outer pylons?

It was due to outer pylons having different, simpler construction not able to support Rb-74 seeker cooling system. But this was the case in all AJ/AJS-37.

• Like 2