Trying to take off A-4E-C using catapult

Hello pilots:pilotfly:

Help me with a little detail.

I am looking to take off the A-4E-C from an aircraft carrier, I can land (after many crashes). But I can't take off using the catapult.:helpsmilie:

A message appears when I activate the command (L.alt + 1)

that says: I'm not close enough.:mad::cry:

what am i not doing?:helpsmilie:

what am i doing wrong?:helpsmilie:

Thank you.:pilotfly:

The a-4 has no access to the carrier catapult in the way the Hornet or Tomcat have, so the jet blast deflectors won't rise. To work the carrier can't have more than one waypoint and even then it is a bit buggy.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

The a-4 has no access to the carrier catapult in the way the Hornet or Tomcat have, so the jet blast deflectors won't rise. To work the carrier can't have more than one waypoint and even then it is a bit buggy.

I do not understand your message.

I'll explain better.

There's a video on youtube that teaches how to take off, but with me it doesn't work.

When I start a mission, with the A-4EC ready to take off, it uses the catapult normally, on the first takeoff. When I land the A4 and try to take off again, the problem occurs. The catapult does not launch.

A "you are not close enough to any catapult" message appears

:helpsmilie: