M1 Traffic Jam

Happend to me too, unable to continue the campaign

Current rig: I9 11900K @5.1ghz, MSI RTX4090, MSI MEG Z590 Unity, 64Gb DDR4 RAM @3000mhz

Current apparel: Warthog HOTAS (stick on VIRPIL WarBrd base with 3d printed extension), MFG Crosswind, Saitek throttle quadrant, VRinsight MultiSwitch Panel, WinWing F/A 18c UFC and DDI's, DIY arduino trimwheelset, DIY arduino frontpanel, DIY aluminium cockpitframe, DIY tactile transducer, WACOM Intuos S drawing tablet VR set: Varjo Aero Software: Openkneeboard, SRS, SimShaker

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, thanks for the report. The new update messed up all my missions by changing the airfield spawn points. I’m working on a fix ;)

I was gonna start the campaign, but my wingman crashed into me on the runway. I restarted the mission but my wingman crashed into something else and blocked the runway for the rest of my flight - I flew the mission anyway and the big dogfight happened over an unfinished part of the map where the ground was not textured.

Do you have an ETA on the fix? Or do you wait until the map is finished? I understand it can be very tedious having to test all the content, because the map gets updated.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Hi,

tanks for the report.

1) don't request permission to taxi. Just throttle up and taxi. You wingman won't crash into you then.

2) If your wingman crashes into something, that sounds like you don't have the latest version. I've had other reports too, and I have a hunch that ED accidentally included a version in the latest update that wasn't the most up to date I sent them. I'm going to send them the missions again to be sure they use the correct ones.

I just tested the mission, works OK in the latest version:

Screen-200312-163732.png

3) the map...yeah... in real life, that's where the events happened. Before the Normandy update, that part was low res, but still OK to use, especially at 30k feet with 6/8 cloud cover. Since they updated the Normandy map, that part got really messed up. I reported it here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=258360

Please post there as well to bump the thread.

Redesigning the mission would be a lot of work, and once it's fixed I'd have to do it again. I decided to just wait, because it's clearly not a "change", but a bug, that should, and hopefully will be fixed. Fingers crossed.

Good news is that only missions 1 and 3 use that area, and only just barely going feet dry. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I just thought I’d mention that on Mission 1 I had quite a bit of trouble with planes from my flight either crashing into my right wing whilst on my way to the runway or getting rear ended on the runway.

This was on stable branch and I hadn’t requested taxi or takeoff from atc.

My workaround was to get better/quicker at taxiing and take off, so every cloud. Only mention it because I get the impression from this thread that it isn’t supposed to happen.

And my copy of the book arrived today, can’t wait to get reading and flying this campaign :D

Hi Digitalvole

On some airfields the AI doesn't really care if you're in the way. Happened to me at Evreux too. This is stock DCS AI behavior, not something I have control over. One thing you can do to give yourself more time to taxi is NOT to call the tower for startup/ taxi clearance. This way your wingman will start rolling long after you, giving you plenty of time.

Enjoy the book and the campaign, and I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback once you finished it.